November 2013 Weddings

Save the Dates?

Are you sending save-the-dates? 

We are, as most of our guests will have to travel from out of town and I want to give everyone a heads up as soon as possible. 

I just put together a simple magnet on Vistaprint. I was really happy with how they turned out, and I snagged a Groupon so they were really a good deal. 

Tonight we put the envelopes together and stamped with the return address stamp. They aren't addressed yet but I feel like it's the first step! It's all feeling real again. (We got a lot of stuff done in September and wedding planning has been on the backburner with a move and starting work.)

What about everyone else?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Save the Dates?

• We are sending out save the dates, because I am getting married in my home town and a lot of people are going to need to travel.

I am not sending them out till the first week of Feb though. Good for you for getting a jump on it. I wanted to include our engagement pics and we are not getting them taken until next weekend. I am glad it is finally 2013 though I am ready to get planning. Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most of our guests are local but my sister is getting a great deal on the materials for STDs so we're doing them. Yesterday we put the deposit down for the flipbook station as a surprise for the guests and met with a bakery. All the other big things are booked so now we just have to start figuring out the look for our invitations and get ready for our engagement session in April!
  • We're doing STD's just because they're fun. Very few people will have to travel or get hotels for the wedding. We also did magnets through Vistaprint. They came out great! My fiance made the design inspired by a similar one he saw online. You can see the design in my signature. Kinda can't wait to send them out in May at 6 month mark!
    Anniversary
  • Nice!!

Yeah I thought about holding them until February for the 9 month mark but at this point with work, whenever I can get to them is when I'll send them out. I'm not sure how long it will take me to address them all...... haha. 

That magnet is sweet Rachel! Ours is just a picture of us with the date and location on the bottom :) but it was super fun to put it all together.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• We are sending out save the dates and doing a wedding website as well. I won't be sending out my save the dates until next month sometime. We aren't taking engagement pics until May (when I get my braces off!) But we are looking for a unique New Orleans way to take our pics for the save the dates. Right now our thought is to go to Cafe du Monde and have three plates of beignets that have the powdered sugar sprinkled in 11-23-13 with us in the distance. 
  • We are hoping to send them out Save the Dates by February.  I haven't quite finished the design and I still need to order them.  So hopefully by February.  Mid-Feb at the latest! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are sending them as well since 90% of our guest list will be from out of town!  We ordered magnets off Vistaprint last night - also with a  Groupon :)

I hope to get them out by the end of the month.
  • I did Save the Date Magnets as well.  I sent them out with our Christmas Cards since our wedding is right before Thanksgiving.  I have seen severa of them on people's fridges already.
    TJ
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_save-the-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:d44f2f2f-7195-44dc-b5fd-904fc2ba11cePost:9ae396c0-5a66-4752-9ef0-31f7e992ffab">Re: Save the Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nice!! Yeah I thought about holding them until February for the 9 month mark but at this point with work, whenever I can get to them is when I'll send them out. I'm not sure how long it will take me to address them all...... haha.  <strong>That magnet is sweet Rachel!</strong> Ours is just a picture of us with the date and location on the bottom :) but it was super fun to put it all together.
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I'll be sure to pass the compliment along to my fiance. He's so super proud of that thing, it's adorable. We're dying to send them out just see people's reactions. Wish it would be May already so we could!</div>
    Anniversary
  • We made magnets from Wedding paper diva and sent them out yesterday at 10 month mark not realizing it cause we have quite a few out of town guest as will we so book flights and hotels early is crucial since we are going up 2 weeks before the wedding and staying with inlaws while we finalize everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards