Moms and Maids
Options

FMIL Gift Ideas?

Hey girls,
I'm needing some help coming up with a gift for my FMIL. She's so fantastic and I wanted to give her something special on our wedding day. We're already doing photo albums to each set of parents at the rehearsal but I wanted this to be a little something extra.

I had planned on doing one of those cute handkerchiefs with a personal message embroidered but to make a long story short my FSIL decided "that was just such a cute idea that I just had to steal it" at her wedding last weekend. Now I need a new idea.

Any great thoughts for something personal and sentimental that she'll be able to enjoy for years?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FMIL Gift Ideas?

• Options
    Well, I would personalize something that she will use. My FMIL loves candles, so I'm getting a candle holder with our picture on it. You can find a lot of cool vintage-inspired things on Etsy.com. That is where I'm getting almost all of my gifts for my bridesmaids. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My MIL has a Pandora bracelet so we got her a charm to remind her of the wedding.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2012
    While I think it is great that you want to get your FMIL a special gift, if you aren't giving a special gift to any other parent I would give your FMIL her gift while you two are alone and not at the RD (if that was your plan).  I say this because, the other parents could have hurt feelings and feel slightly less important.  I would take her to dinner and then give her, her present then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards