Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Crate & Barrels New return policy

I just received a letter today from Crate & Barrel with changes to their return policy. Instead of the 90 day return policy, it's 30 days. And instead of being able to get cash back, your only option is a Crate & Barrel gift card. This is pretty much as bad as Targets! One of the main reasons I picked Crate & Barrel is because my friend that got married last August raved about their return policy....kinda dissapointed here! Undecided
Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image

Re: Crate & Barrels New return policy

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it 30 days from your wedding date at least?  

On a side note... why does everyone hate Target's return policy so much?  We have to register there, since it's the only place half my family shops, but should I be worried about returns??
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bummer!!! That was definitely a perk for us too when it came to deciding on them. I mean, I will always find stuff to buy there, so the gift card thing isn't TOO bad...but the 30 days?!?! Booo
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    As for Target's return policy...I don't really get the gripe either. We registered at Target as well, and so have others that we know. Its convenient for most people (being able to shop online and many brick and mortar locations). 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The thing about Target is, if someone doesn't give you a gift receipt (which a lot of people dont' since they think if it's off you registry why would you need one) so if you get more than one of the same thing then it's tough. They only let you return 3 thingsoff your registry without a receipt (i think). My friend said there were a couple items that didn't check off when people bought it so she ended up getting 3 of the same thing and now has nothing she can do about it. I have already come in counter with this, my SIL got me something off my registry for Christmas and it didn't check off, then my FSIL got me the same thing for Christmas and she ended up losing $25 on shipping because she had it rushed.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh yeah. Well, people I know almost always include a gift receipt if its a gift, but I can see how some might not. That's kind of a pain...would they give you store credit without a receipt?
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    Do we know with C&B now if the person bought you the gift over 30 days ago what happens a)if you have a gift receipt or b)if you dont have a gift receipt?
  • Options
    cltk12cltk12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What happens if your wedding is in mid-June and someone is on the ball and buys you your gift at the begining of May and we don't get to returning itms til after our honeymoon in late june/early july?  Will we be able to return?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I don't know about that...I guess you could ask someone at C&B to be sure...but otherwise you may have to appoint someone as "gift returner" while you're away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI with Target... their return policy is 90 days from the date of your event (baby due date, wedding), so hopefully CB is the same way.  And for Target, you can only go in three times without receipts, but each time you can return like 10 things if needed.  Unless it's changed since I worked there a few years ago... I always thought it was pretty lenient that you could get any kind of credit without proof of purchase.  I know it's a pain for us brides, but the stores have to protect themselves too.  

We used to have people try and return items they bought at Walmart (for less) and return to Target (to make a profit.)  Sadly, the jerks out there ruin it for the people who are just trying to get rid of 3 blenders they don't need.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't run into nearly as many problems with Target as we thought we would.  If it was bought off of your registry (meaning the cashier actually scanned it when they checked out) it goes onto a log, which works just like having a gift receipt.  The only prob is you always get a gift card (no cash).  This wasn't really a prob for us because, it's Target.  There is always something to find at Target.  We absolutely loved the return policy at BB&B.  They had the option for cash back, no receipts necessary.  Unfortunately, not very many guests used this registry.  However every quarter they have a huge sale for married couples to complete their registries, 20% everything in the store, including online orders. 
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target's return policy has changed a LOT in the past year to make things a whole lot easier.  Registry or not, you can return a "limited amount" of merchandise without a receipt, something like $40-75/year per driver's license I think.  If the purchaser scanned a registry barcode at checkout, you can use the Gift Purchase Log as a "receipt" of sorts.  You can print the Gift Purchase Log in the store at a kiosk and bring it up to Guest Service to use as a receipt. 

Of course, original or gift receipts are best, but we had no problems at all with returning things from our Target registry!

General Return Policy Info:
    http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_bx_0/184-0413054-6573739?ie=UTF8&node=13685491

Gift Registry Return Policy Info:
    http://www.target.com/Returns-Exchanges/b/ref=sc_fe_c_0/184-0413054-6573739?ie=UTF8&node=1084718

HTH
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully you get what is on your registry and that is it.  I think it shows people what numbers everything is at both places so you don't have to worry. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards