Pennsylvania-Central

Kaytee241

I read your post about Lauxmont farms, and I'm interested in what you've heard about their facility.  Also, what is the BBB?  I will PM you my e-mail address if you don't mind sharing.  :-)  Thanks!

Re: Kaytee241

• Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BBB = Better Business Bureau

I'm not on the boards as much as I used to be, but I remember a couple of summers ago that there were a lot of unhappy brides from Lauxmont. There were all kinds of shady business practices,, like promising brides things to get them to sign and then reneging. There was also a spate of weddings where major things would go wrong, like contracted transportation wouldn't be there, or the AC would go out (literally, 4-5 weekends in a row, the AC went out, pushing the celebration outside due to heat), and there was no one to be found to ask to get the problems fixed. Looking at the BBB page, it seems as though they are still having problems. Honestly, for that price everything should be perfect, IMO. You could try searching the boards for more info, but with the recent server change all of the old posts might be lost.

I'm not sure how to use PM, but my email is Kaytee241 at gmail dot com, shoot me an email if you have any other questions.
  • edited December 2011
    My biggest issue with the place was that no one really catered to you. They have four places to have weddings and they will book four in one day. And I've heard issues that they 'accidentally' double book weddings at the same location or some people roam over to the wrong weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your input, girls.  I never really thought about any of that.  Next weekend we were thinking about making appointments to see Lauxmont, and also Stone Mill Inn.  Stone Mill Inn's website doesn't have that much on it, so I think that's a place we definitely will have to see in person.

Thanks again!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely see the Stone Mill Inn in person, but if you want more pictures, check out my bio. Also, although it's still beautiful in the winter, bare trees and gray weather don't really do it justice - it's amazing in the warmer months!
  • edited December 2011

Thank you.  I looked at your Bio and the pictures look great.  I made an appointment to see the property on Saturday.  The lady I spoke with... Erica seems very nice!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Erica is great. She was basically my DoC, and my wedding ran incredibly smoothly. Let me know what you think!
  • edited December 2011
    Was Stone Mill Inn expensive?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was the most inexpensive place we looked. There was a site rental fee of maybe $3k? I am pretty sure it included all the rental items (tables, chairs, tables linens and place settings, centerpieces, etc). I think there was a small additional charge for the tent and to have the ceremony there. But we saved a lot of money because we could choose our caterer and buy our own alcohol. This was several years ago, though (2006). I am sure Erica will go over all the pricing with you at the meeting. They were very upfront about cost and there were no hidden charges.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards