September 2013 Weddings

Bonus Monday Wedding Post

Seems like we have a few new people here who are in the early stages of planning. Welcome, newbies!

Ladies, what are the big to-do's that are still on your list? Where could you use some help/opinions?

Help a sister out! If you've already conquered that particular wedding monster, offer your assistance. Let's utilize this great community we have going!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post

• has anyone started there day of timeline? I keep going crazy over time for pictures and making sure we have all the pics we want
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome, newbies!

@Kristeno - we are waiting a bit!  Just to make sure we have all of the big vendors out of the way.  Are you going to do your pics during your guests cocktail hour?

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Still havent decided. At first FI was set on not seeing each other until I walked down the isle but hes starting to be ok with the first look pics so our guest dont have to wait around so long!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pretty much all the big to-do's are still undone even though we've been engaged for over a year.  Mostly because we drug our feet on getting the date fixed with the church and we only found our reception space a little over 2 weeks ago.  Once we get our date fixed this week though, I think we'll be kicking it into high gear.
  • MayboneMaybone member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    I have thought about the timeline, but nothing written or in stone yet. I find it best to work backwards. My reception goes til midnight. I'd like the photog to get some dancing and band shots. So at least til 10:30. I also am planning to do a first look, so we don't have to rush pictures. Ceremony start time is probably 6:30. I'm not doing any tosses, but let me know if you think I'm missing something. With that said, my rought timeline is:

????-2:00 Getting ready
    2:00-2:30 first look
    2:30-3:00 Travel to picture location
    3:00-5:00 Pictures, travel back
    5:00-6:15 final touches, relax, freshen up
    6:30 Ceremony
    6:45-7:00 Recieving line out of Ceremony, usher guests to reception.
    7:00-8:00 Cocktail hour
    7:45 Announced into reception, cake cutting, toasts
    8-9 Dinner (table visits)
    9-12 DANCING (Starting with first dances and such)
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going through the process of finding a venue AGAIN. Once that is in place, everything else should fall into place. I have a general idea of what we want, but how I accomplish these feats depends on the venue. Hopefully we will have decided by next week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6am-12pm Getting ready (starting the day an hour earlier than originally planned)
    12-1pm Relax/Freak Out
    1-1:30pm Ceremony (we will dismiss guests instead if having a receiving line)
    1:30-1:45pm Formal pics with immediate family
    1:45-2pm Send off (maybe a little later..)
    2pm-5pm Travel time/Pictures
    4pm-5pm Cocktail hour
    5-5:15pm Intro of Wedding Party, Toasts, Dinner Prayer
    5:15-6:15pm Dinner
    6:15-6:45 Special Dances
    6:45-9pm Party/more awkward dancing
    8:45pm Last Call
    9pm Last Dance
    9:15pm Send off of Bride and Groom
    9:30pm Hopefully majority of guests have left bc we are supposed to be out by 10pm
    10pm Guests who are camping can get tohether for a fire and continue to party if they want! :) 

February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Still debationg the start time for the reception. Wedding at 1pm, 35 mins. travel time to reception venue, and 4pm reception? or 3pm reception? I want enough time for pictures!

Major things needed to do yet:
    -Book caterer, dj, and photographer
    -FInd wedding dress of my dreams
    -Find bridesmaid dresses & tuxes
    -Print & make all stationary items 
    -Make centerpieces

Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have basically everything left to do outside of my dress, and venue
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So far we know we have the church. We booked our DJ and honestly that's about it. We will be doing our own food. Can't book our reception venue until the beginning of the year ( they wont let us ). We are pretty sure we have a photographer. The same one who done our engagement photos but she don't want to book this far out (ugh). We have our honeymoon planned. We will be booking that within the next few weeks. That's about all we have done.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:b09d3c24-c89c-4229-bbc2-695025f18a37">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]has anyone started there day of timeline? I keep going crazy over time for pictures and making sure we have all the pics we want
    Posted by Kristeno2012[/QUOTE]

No, we still been trying to figure this out too.
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
  • So far we have a venue, caterer, and DJ. As far as a timeline, I think we're planning on a 4pm ceremony, 430530 cocktail hour, 530630 dinner, 630930 dancing, dessert, bouquet and garter tosses, then a 930 send off. We're most likely doing the majority of pictures before our ceremony. During cocktail hour we're just going to do photos with both of us in them.
  • So far we have:
    Venue
    Photographer
    DJ
    Florist
    Baker
    Photobooth
    My dress
    Tentative Invites picked out.

Still Need:
    Girls dresses
    JP
    and a whole lot of smaller stuff
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Checks so far:  planner, venue(s), DJ, photog, officiant, dress (just mine), color scheme, bridal party hangers, STDs, invitation suite and stationery picked out, and centerpieces have been started.  I've also been experimenting with my higher end makeup and have come up with a day-of face.  HM booking next wk, but I haven't accomplished much beyond that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:61fc67a8-d6a6-4420-ab61-6e3c2c82ee54">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]12-1pm Relax/Freak Out<div>
    </div><div>LOL, I have this exact same thing on our timeline! Because really, who relaxes on their wedding day?!

</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have put the deposit down  on our reception venue, paid 50% of the chair covers, booked dj but still need a deposit paid to hold, booked flowers but still need deposit, and have gotten quotes for the cake. I have started buying things for the centerpieces and other random stuff. We are hoping to have all the deposits paid by the end of November, our savings for the wedding was drained recently due to a stupid car accident I was in in which I rear ended someone. So now we are trying to rebuild our savings bug its hard to do cause of Xmas. I am kicking myself for not paying better attention!
    **September 2013 January siggy challenge - bouquet inspiration** 86412886570268992_SthmzhVF_c_zps5fe628c0 Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We still need to get our invites and that is about it!  Oh, and I have to pick out bridesmaid dresses and our honeymoon and cake.  

Kristeno2012  I can tell you that I was in a wedding this past weekend and it took about 3 hours for hair and makeup for each person! We all looked amazing though!  Also I would put a list together of the photos you want done due to the fact that the bride didn't take any family photos just parents and grandparents.  
  • edited October 2012
    We have:

Venue
    Caterer
    Church
    Hotel Block
    Photographer
    Trolley
    Makeup/Hair
    E-pics done
    Florist
    DJ
    Dress
    BM dresses
    My shoes
    Invitation kits

We need:

Rings
    BM shoes
    FI's suit (he is having one custom made)
    Start DIY projects
    First half of honeymoon
    Cake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:b2251861-9e6c-45d9-b526-c54ddd33bf80">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have: Venue Caterer Church Hotel Block Photographer Trolley Makeup/Hair E-pics done Florist DJ Dress BM dresses My shoes Invitation kits We need: Rings BM shoes FI's suit (he is having one custom made) Start DIY projects First half of honeymoon Cake
    Posted by elliemonster2012[/QUOTE]

OMG.  I really thought I was on the ball until I read this.  I think you just put me in panic mode.  ;-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:b2251861-9e6c-45d9-b526-c54ddd33bf80">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have: Venue Caterer Church Hotel Block Photographer Trolley Makeup/Hair E-pics done Florist DJ Dress BM dresses My shoes Invitation kits We need: Rings BM shoes FI's suit (he is having one custom made) Start DIY projects First half of honeymoon Cake

Oh crap I guess we still have a boatload of stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:b2251861-9e6c-45d9-b526-c54ddd33bf80">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:

WOW  after seeing this list I am SOOOOOOO far behind ---
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited October 2012
    @goofy and Dmoore

LOL!

I am just an early bird.  Listen to this :  We had my brothers wedding in May, two in Sept, one in Oct, FI's aunts vow renewal in Dec and then wait for it.... next year: wedding in May, BFFs end of June where im MOH, close cousin end of July, standing up in another cousin end of August, FI's BFF in a different state the weekend before ours, ours and then standing up in another the beginning of November.

I will have ZERO time!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:a0d923f6-de00-472a-913a-2a97f3401a8f">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]@goofy and Dmoore LOL! I am just an early bird.  Listen to this :  We had my brothers wedding in May, two in Sept, one in Oct, FI's aunts vow renewal in Dec and then wait for it.... next year: wedding in May, BFFs end of June where im MOH, close cousin end of July, standing up in another cousin end of August, FI's BFF in a different state the weekend before ours, ours and then standing up in another the beginning of November. I will have ZERO time!

Good God woman.  I hope you have an account set up just for money for wedding presents. I feel broke just reading that!
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:e581e6f5-7d9f-44f4-826a-df3f379fa837">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post : Good God woman.  I hope you have an account set up just for money for wedding presents. I feel broke just reading that!
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

...CURRENTLY ACCEPTING DONATIONS...LOL

• I still haven't officially bought my dress....oops. hopefully this saturday!
  • Wow after reading all the replies I too feel far behind. I am so lost as to where to even start with my timeline. This is stressful !!!
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
  • I am sorry girls but those of you with these tight day of wedding timelines might as well throw them in the trash because trust me from a 2nd time bride...its not gonna happen.  While you can have an outline...things will take longer than you thought.  Something will happen that you didnt think about and its okay.  I just wouldnt set yourself up to be let down.  It took way longer to do pics before hand...we had to finish after the wedding. 

We have wedding invites picked out, epics set up, reception hall, park for wedding, DJ
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Done:
    Make up, Hair, Hair accessory, Dress, Veil, Shoes
    Jewelry (MOH told me my mother was buying this... it's was a secret... she freaked out when I started researching this and spilled the beans so I wouldn't buy a duplicate)
    Church/Reception/Caterer
    Ceremony organist/cantorist
    Florist
    DJ
    Videographer
    Photographer
    Day of Coordinator
    Hotel Block (there's a narcotics anonymous conference and it's labor day weekend)
    Bridal hangers

Needs to be Done:
    Wedding panties
    Wedding night lingerie 
    Clothing for bridesmaid
    Clothing for groomsmen
    Clothing for flowergirls
    Deciding on wedding party (FI is changing his decisions)
    Tasting (can't wait!!!)
    Cake
    Sign rehearsal dinner contract
    Finish STD (waiting on FI's dad to finish editing picture), then printing and assembly
    Finish creating invitation suite, then printing, and assembly
    Start menu, programs, placecard
    Finish cardbox (need 2-3 more pictures)
    Flowergirl pomanders (needs ribbon)
    Actually work on wedding website (it only has our names and dates at this point... @goofychick I really like yours!!!)
    Finish collecting reception decoration (need chair sashes, lanterns... have chair covers, table cloth, napkins, votives, mirror, candles).
    Playlist
    Picture list
    Timeline/schedule
    Wedding dance - landler (from sound of music)

Projects week of wedding (which I wish I could finish and be done with)
    Cupcake in a jar... I wish I could do this much earlier (I know I can freeze them, but I'm worried about the taste...)
    Hydrangea arrangements... 

I think that's it... but I'm constantly worrying that I forgot something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:11612d2e-a160-4dba-b2f7-d0f6c3943c6d">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far we have: Venue Photographer DJ Florist Baker Photobooth My dress Tentative Invites picked out. Still Need: Girls dresses JP and a whole lot of smaller stuff
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

<div>Daaaaaang you got a LOT done!!! You go girl! Lol You are at least 4 months ahead of me on the planning!</div><div>
    </div>
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_bonus-monday-wedding-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2d6919ac-b814-4098-974b-01793304d8ccPost:11612d2e-a160-4dba-b2f7-d0f6c3943c6d">Re: Bonus Monday Wedding Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far we have: Venue Photographer DJ Florist Baker Photobooth My dress Tentative Invites picked out. Still Need: Girls dresses JP and a whole lot of smaller stuff
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]

<div>Daaaaaang you got a LOT done!!! You go girl! Lol You are at least 4 months ahead of me on the planning!</div><div>
    </div>
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards