Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: Good morning!

• Good morning.  I had to get into work an hour early today to meet someone.   I might have to take a quick break soon and make a run over to Starbucks because I'm already feeling drained.
  • Mmmmm, I had Starbucks yesterday for the first time in weeks, and it tasted super delicious.
  • I can't believe it's only Wednesday  :(
  • I haven't had it for awhile either.  We got one of those Keurig coffee makers awhile ago, and I usually have one cup from that in the morning, and another when I get to work.  But today since I'm here before most people, nobody has made coffee yet, and our machine is so archaic, I honestly have no idea how to use it.
  • Morning.

Laundry is drying and I'm trying to figure out what's for dinner.  I'm trying to have us eat a bit healthier (cut waaay back on the starches) and it's turning out to be not so cheap.  I'm hoping as the season progresses the prices will come down.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:23e32fde-42a6-4a5b-863c-90ce6f7b9e53">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. Laundry is drying and I'm trying to figure out what's for dinner.  I'm trying to have us eat a bit healthier (cut waaay back on the starches) and it's turning out to be not so cheap.  I'm hoping as the season progresses the prices will come down.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

If you like cilantro and lime I made a DELICIOUS cilantro/lime chicken.  I found the recipe on eatbetteramerica.com.  I don't have a grill (2nd story condo), so I made it in a skillet with a tiny bit of olive oil and it was delicious!  I served it with some home made pico de gallo and a leafy green salad.  Probably one of the healthiest meals I've had in a LONG time.
  • Good morning!  No starbucks this morning, but coffee that I had to use a can opener to get to...it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh do you have the link to the recipe?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:aee6163b-fe8a-45d5-90d1-777a907b6730">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh do you have the link to the recipe?

<a href="http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/special-occasions/lime-chicken.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/special-occasions/lime-chicken.aspx</a>

I hope this works.

I used a non stick skillet and a tiny bit of olive oil.  I added more cilantro than the recipe called for but I love it.  And I only marinated it for about an hour.  And instead of coating the chicken, I threw it all in a big ziplock, shook it up and let it sit.
  • Good morning!  It's Wednesday, but it's also a lot like Thursday since we have Good Friday off (but it wasn't really a good day for Jesus was it?)

I'm on my third day of giving up soda cold turkey.  I figured if smokers can quit and alcoholics can stay sober I can certainly give up soda, right?  Luckily, my soda of choice was Sprite so I'm not having caffeine withdrawal, but my blood sugar has seemed weird.

I also think I might be catching FI's cold so I started taking Zicam this morning.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:1af93fcb-dd48-4f41-a20a-5641816f1a53">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  It's Wednesday, but it's also a lot like Thursday since we have Good Friday off (but it wasn't really a good day for Jesus was it?) I'm on my third day of giving up soda cold turkey.  I figured if smokers can quit and alcoholics can stay sober I can certainly give up soda, right?  Luckily, my soda of choice was Sprite so I'm not having caffeine withdrawal, but my blood sugar has seemed weird. I also think I might be catching FI's cold so I started taking Zicam this morning.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Robert gave up soda for Lent and it's been interesting living with him.

I had to stock up on juice and tea cause he'd complain about his blood sugar.  I hate soda.  CAN'T STAND IT.  I'm NOT a "healthy" person, like I don't eat lean and green and all that, but soda is just wasted calories, IMO.  I'd rather eat my sugar and calories.

Anyway, good for you for giving it up.  Your body will thank you for it.

My mom swears by Zicam so good luck with that and I hope you don't get sick!
  • Oh Crap!  It is going to be Good Friday.  That means I need to do shopping for several days tomorrow.  NOTHING here will be open until Monday.  Actually I wonder if they'll be open on Monday (when a holiday falls on a weekend, the public Holiday is the Monday after it).
  • Good morning.

Alexia -- that chicken sounds delicious.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Alexia, if H is using soda to regulate his blood sugar he should probably see a doctor about that.
  • aMrs - I don't think he's using it to regulate it, but he felt the difference when he stopped.  He's due for a physical.  I think it could also be caffeine withdrawals because he was a coke/pepsi/mount. dew guy.  The stuff just grosses me out.  I can count one ONE hand how many sodas I'll have in a year.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:83444b6a-9635-4fdb-8348-a78065d2b1a2">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. Alexia -- that chicken sounds delicious.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I was so surprised at how easy and flavorful it was.  I will make this again.
  • AH.  I went through caffeine withdrawl once.  It was hell.  And of course he's going to notice that amount of sugar missing from his diet.

I heard someplace that if you drink one bottle of soda a day, you 'll gain something like 10+ pounds a year.
  • Good Morning!  It's sunny out, which makes me super happy. 

Alexia, that chicken sounds really good.  I'm going to have to try it.  We're on a healthy eating kick so it'll be good to try a really yummy chicken recipe that we'll all actually enjoy. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:b73cca0e-dc74-444b-9796-0dc4dc321523">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AH.  I went through caffeine withdrawl once.  It was hell.  And of course he's going to notice that amount of sugar missing from his diet. I heard someplace that if you drink one bottle of soda a day, you 'll gain something like 10+ pounds a year.

Yeah, and my mom was reading that it increases your chances for pancreatic cancer.  Granted, you never really know... but it's not worth the risk.  I mean, really, it's used to clean car batteries.  What do you think it's doing to your body?
  • I was having a hard time giving up my sprite for my diet until I watched The Doctors one day when I was home and they said pouring pop in a drain (specifically coke) will unclog it, and it'll clean the corrosion off of a battery.....YUCK.  What would it be doing to your insides?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:cfed585f-c6a8-4048-ad76-65e8f96b26a8">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning!  It's sunny out, which makes me super happy.  Alexia, that chicken sounds really good.  I'm going to have to try it.  We're on a healthy eating kick so it'll be good to try a really yummy chicken recipe that we'll all actually enjoy. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I was getting bored with my same chicken recipes so someone sent me to this site, and it's been great reading through it.  LOTS of ideas and low calorie recipes.
  • JINX Alexia.  LOL.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:77707f0b-7020-48ea-97c4-727a4493b561">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Robert gave up soda for Lent and it's been interesting living with him. I had to stock up on juice and tea cause he'd complain about his blood sugar.  I hate soda.  CAN'T STAND IT.  I'm NOT a "healthy" person, like I don't eat lean and green and all that, but soda is just wasted calories, IMO.  I'd rather eat my sugar and calories. Anyway, good for you for giving it up.  Your body will thank you for it. My mom swears by Zicam so good luck with that and I hope you don't get sick!
    Posted by AlexiaANDRobert[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been drinking Crystal Lite.  I'm trying to eat healthy too just because I know my body is confused, haha.  It seems like I have to eat more often throughout the day to keep my blood sugar steady which is fine it just surprised me the first day.

And I love Zicam and I juuuust started feeling like it was coming on so I started it right away, haha.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:019df235-bc9a-4b7d-86b1-6429cf329eccPost:ee68efd4-b427-4146-bcb7-4c251a6c1e34">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]JINX Alexia.  LOL.
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Hehehe :)

Great minds think alike!
  • Coke also eats through leather and removes rust.

Now, that being said, there are some meals that just need that good Coke "burn", but yeah, we don't drink the stuff.  That, and a 20 oz bottle in Western Australia is $3.95...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards