Florida-South Florida

'First Look' photos and transportation ideas?

Two part question-

Thoughts on 'First Look' photos (seeing the groom and taking pictures before walking down the aisle)? Has anyone done it? Are you doing it? I am thinking about it, but wanted some other thoughts...

Any suggestions for transportation vendors (limos and/or party buses) serving the Coral Gables/Coconut Grove area?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 'First Look' photos and transportation ideas?

• FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't and I regret not doing it.  I would've gotten more pictures of H and I and I feel like I really didn't get enough in different settings. (If that makes sense.)  I was so gung-ho about not seeing him.  But I think walking down the aisle and seeing him would've been just as awesome if we did the first look.  Ah well.  I say do it!

ETA:  I've used A1 Limos a few times.  Always good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about transportation, because our wedding/reception is all in one place.  But, I'm considering the "First Look" photos.  We have a 2 year old so I'm not really worried about being seen before the wedding, and I think it'll be cool to see the reaction of seeing eachother for the first time all dressed up and about to take the plunge.  I've never heard of a bride that did it that way who regrets it.  So if it's something you want to do, I say go for it!
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not doing first look pictures for two reasons:

1. Our ceremony starts at 11:30AM. Everyone needs to be ready by about 11AM so we can squeeze in a few pics. We already have to get up early enough as it is, I refuse to get ready even earlier so we can do the pics.
    2. I've seen the reactions from brides and grooms who do a first look. Then I've seen the reaction when the see each other for the first time walking down the aisle, and in my opinion, there's just no comparison. I see so much more excitement and emotion and happiness in the faces of those seeing each other for the first time walking down the aisle, that I just can't bring myself to do the first look.
  • danzigweddingdanzigwedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im doing it! I've seen the pics from the photographers when they do first looks and its so cute. plus you guys can enjoy the moment "alone"' and hug and kiss and....i dont know, twirl around if you want. Seeing him at the alter would be just as special but he and you will have to hold in your reactions and wait till the ceremony is over. also I'm sure seeing him before the wedding will relieve some anxiety. i know it will for me. HTH :)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was quoted $940 for a 56 passenger bus by uscoachways.com. Seems a bit steep, but I haven't really compared prices, so for all I know that's a good deal.

As for first-looks, I love the pictures of the bride walking up (sneaking up) behind the groom!
  • edited December 2011

I love the first looks. I am going to do it also to get different photos and to ease some anxiety.. I think I will be a wreck enough walking down the aisle. I am not sure about limos though. We are having everything is one space but probably going to rent a hotel room the night before so we need transportation from the hotel, my package with my planner included the one transfer.

• MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GAH!! I'm so indecisive about this too! I get super anxious sometimes, and maybe it'll help calm my nerves seeing him beforehand. But then again, I really want to see the reaction in his face seeing me all dressed up for the first time walking down the isle.

**bangs head on desk**
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing first look photos. I don't think my fiance wants to, but it's the one thing that I will not bend on. I really want to have beautiful & fun photos, and I'm thinking that I can't do so if all I've got is a half hour for photos in between the ceremony and the reception.
  • Dana JRDana JR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing first look photos. It just makes sense. We would rather experience that special moment in private. Plus, I really don't want to cry during the ceremony and I think this will help. If you want to have a "walking down the aisle" moment you could still do it. Just do it before anyone get there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards