Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

What's for dinner?

What are you making/doing for dinner this week?

Re: What's for dinner?

• edited December 2011
    Saturday I made a pot of sauce/gravy/marinara with meatballs and sausage which H has been happy to eat.
    The rest of the week, in no particular order, I plan to make kielbasa, shrimp w/pasta, mongolian beef (flank steak) and mahi mahi.

I'm making wings for H for the super bowl on Sunday.  I don't have a problem making them, I just HATE the lingering smell of the oil.  Yuck.
  • edited December 2011
    This week will be a weird one for me since DH is OOT tonight - Wed night. It'll probably be a lot of soup and sandwiches!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mon-Wed: Baked turkey burritos w/ salad
    Thurs-Friday: Pork loin, baked potato wedges and rice (or more veggies).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-dinner-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:86c167b8-4f37-445a-9607-a54c1c3e18d6Post:3a6a87aa-65f8-44f9-920b-3161f557d1c3">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mon-Wed: <strong>Baked turkey burritos</strong> w/ salad Thurs-Friday: Pork loin, baked potato wedges and rice (or more veggies).
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

MMMMMmmm. Love me some mexican food!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    mon-  appetizers and booze at the award show
    tues- pecan encrusted tilapia
    wed-steak & mozz salad
    thurs- dining out (not by choice)
    fri-dining out. again.  (not by choice)
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-dinner-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:86c167b8-4f37-445a-9607-a54c1c3e18d6Post:77667ce2-43be-4d3c-8213-1010c88ef29d">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's for dinner? : MMMMMmmm. Love me some mexican food!!
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Haha mexican food is my favorite.  The recipe in in the recipes sticky post.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011

Monday - Turkey meatloaf with potatoes and carrots.
    Tuesday - Gravy in the crock pot.
    Wednesday - Soup and sandwiches
    Thursday - Chicken cordon bleu.
    Friday - Pizza

• Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight- sweet and sour pork chops
    tuesday- DH plays bball so probably a big salad or something
    wed- chicken and rice
    thursday- maybe pasta srhimp and veggies
    friday- probably home made pizza or something
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Our freezer door isn't closing right b/c of frost.  So we need to defrost it ASAP.  

This week our theme is clear out the freezer. 

Salmon and frozen veg
    Frozen fish and frozen veg
    I have to make banana bread from frozen bananas.  
    I think  we have soup in there, maybe chilli.  
    Over all I need to go through the freezer.  
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no clue what I'm going to make this week.  I still need to go to the grocery store. 

I'm thinking maybe:
    fish and veggies
    chicken tomatoes spinach and pasta
    cilantro lime shrimp
    ground turkey tacos or wraps
    spaghetti squash

We might be having people over for the Super Bowl on Sunday, so I need to think of something good to make. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tonight- pizza near the band's location
    Tomorrow- Turkey chili with rice
    Wednesday- leftover chili
    Thursday- Healthy Choice meal for me, FI is on his own since I'm working late
    Friday- Probably out or more chili
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    tonight- out to eat
    tomorrow- chicken fajitas
    wed- pork chops w/ rice and veggies
    Thu- hot wings and homemade fries
    Fri- working at restaurant so who knows!
  • edited December 2011
    You guys make me seem like such a slacker- I don't decide what I'm going to make until about 20 minutes before I'm ready to cook, unless I make something in the crock pot. :) I want to make beef stew one of these nights... I think I'll make it for tomorrow, seeing as it'll be coldasballs tomorrow. (you have to say it fast to get the effect... )
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    paprika - do you stop at the store every day?  The only reason I have to plan ahead is because all our meats are in the freezer so I need to plan in order to thaw them out properly.
  • edited December 2011
    This week and I probably next week are going to be a pain in the butt. I dont want to go food shopping, as it's more to pack and transport to the new house YET I do not want to be eating out/getting take out every day for the next two weeks either. I have three meals left in the freezer, coconut shrimp, turkey meatloaf and shrimp and zuccini pasta dish.... which I will make tonight, tomorrow and Wed.... Not sure what we will do Thursday... Friday is settlement/painting/cleaning/ and we have a funeral/viewing that night.... Saturday is construction day (removing/replacing the tub) for the guys, I have a "Celebration of Life" ceremony for my girlfriend's mom who passed away then work possibly Saturday night... So DH is on his own... and Sunday is Super Bowl.... WW ought to be great next Tuesday :/
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    haha paprika that's how I am too! I dont' plan until that day. It's because I go to the store everyday. It's a little bit of a hassel but it pretty much guarantees that we won't be wasting food.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't go every day, but if there's somethings specific that I want to make, i do. (Chili, roast, mac & cheese, meatloaf...) Most of what I make can be made from frozen, or I'll just defrost whatever type of meat I want to use. Last night, for example, I decided to make the chicken/mozzerella/prosciutto again. (Delicious, btw) I pulled the chicken out of the freezer as I was walking out the door to pick up FI, put it in lukewarm water, then when I got home, I popped it in the microwave to defrost for a few minutes while I got everything else ready. From there, it only took me a few minutes.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I can't get onboard with the whole microwave defrosting thing.
  • Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-dinner-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:86c167b8-4f37-445a-9607-a54c1c3e18d6Post:6da21579-62ae-4506-97ed-0ccaae34c776">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's for dinner? : Haha mexican food is my favorite.  The recipe in in the recipes sticky post.
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

If you ladies like mexican food you should go to Las Margaritas! My fave! There is one in Bensalem (never been) and one in the Northeast on Welsh Road.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • edited December 2011
    I only do it if it's chicken- I'm so afraid of not cooking it all the way. I'll cut in to it, and inspect every piece. I've gotten sick off of chicken that hasn't been cooked all the way, (my mom wasn't that amazing of a cook...) and I'm kinda paranoid now. Okay, very paranoid.

Red meats usually just thaw faster for me for some reason. Don't ask me why... But I can normally take them out for an hour or so and then cook with them right away.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    edited December 2011
    I don't like thawing meats in the microwave either.  And I have this weird quirk about raw meat in the crockpot if it's being cooked with other things... like rice or something.  So I boil the chicken then cut it up and put it in the crockpot.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    chicken- yeah. I won't put that with anything else in a crock pot unless it's been cooked first. I usually brown any meats before i put them in there as well, because it holds the juices in better. Huh. I've never seen anything wrong with defrosting it that way...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    edited December 2011
    I think it's more prefer than wrong...
    my 2012 shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards