Honeymoon Discussions

Oahu Resorts and maybe Maui??

This is a two-part question:

1.  We're trying to decide between two hotels in Oahu.  We DEFINITELY don't want downtown Waikiki, so we're trying to decide between JW Marriott Ihilani and Kahala Hotel and Resort.  Both are outside the noise of downtown, yet close enough that if we wanted to the hustle and bustle it's a quick ride away.  Which would you recommend between the two?

2.  We're really looking for a nice R&R honeymoon.  We're not hugely into sightseeing and adventuring, but we want the option to do so if we get bored.  Mostly, we plan on sitting on the beach with a good book during the day, and going somewhere fun at night for dinner/drinks.  Everyone tells us that Maui is a must, should we really see both islands?  We're planning on 10 nights total.

Thanks!

Re: Oahu Resorts and maybe Maui??

• The Ilihani is pretty much the resort of choice for HI knotties who get married on Oahu and want to get away from the hustle and bustle. It's far more luxurious than the Kahala and has the real gem rating from the Oahu Revealed book. It is significantly farther away from the city though, which will add up to a lot of traveling to restaurants/nightlife.

If sitting around on the beach is your thing, Maui is reknown for having prettier, less crowded ones.

Anyway, I'm sure you've seen pics of the two resorts side by side, but I think these pics really demonstrate what I mean re: luxury.

Ilihani:

Aerial View

Kahala:

Aerial View
  • Oh, I'll also add that you can stay at some amazing resorts on Maui that are much closer to restaurants/nightlife but have a similar level of rest and relaxation as the Ilihani.
  • try lookiing into Turle Bay on the North Shore of Oahu
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I went to Maui for our honeymoon and it is definitely a relaxing island.  The beaches were gorgeous and not very crowded and there were plenty of activities for us to choose from (we stayed a week and did something everyday).  I don't know what hotels there are because we stayed at a timeshare but we stayed in the Lahaina area so it was a little out of the way of tourists.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards