Florida-Central Florida

Hor d'oeuvres Suggestions

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering what hors d'oeuvres you had or will have at your wedding? And how many passed hors d'oeuvres you served or will serve.

We're thinking 3 or 4 passed with a fruit and cheese station. We are using Arthur's as our caterer and have come up with a seafood, meat and vegetarian option. But I'd love to hear what everyone else came up with!

Thanks!

Re: Hor d'oeuvres Suggestions

• edited December 2011

We are using Arthur's as well.  We are having 3 passed hors d'oeuvres.  We decided on Ropa Vieja on aTamale Pancake, Spinach and Feta Triangles and Seared Ahi Tuna Canape.

I need to make sure that our DOC grabs some for us while we are taking pictures during the cocktail hour :)

• Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're only doing cheese and crackers and crabcakes. We're not having a "cocktail hour" though, so people won't be waiting long before dinner. (All our pictures will be done already, so we didn't need the extra break to take them.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

@Megs30 - we are definitely doing the Tamale Pancake, but I think with pork since we are having beef as a dinner option. It's definitely a winner :) How did the Seared Ahi Canape look and taste? We were interested in it, but didn't know if it was "substantial" sizewise. Did you think it was a good sized bite?
  • edited December 2011
    The seared Ahi Canape looked and tasted amazing!  When we went for our tasting I think we could have taken a plate to go if they would have offered, lol!  I think it was a perfect sized bite.  If you go to the Arthur's website and click on the portfolio I think the first picture is the seared ahi canape.

HTH!!
  • edellisedellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://chinese.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_hor-doeuvres-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:d623a11d-5ab1-4442-8302-9b5fb74a39dcPost:93e53ce5-274c-4a49-b15f-2a089d9db303">Hor d'oeuvres Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, I was just wondering what hors d'oeuvres you had or will have at your wedding? And how many passed hors d'oeuvres you served or will serve. We're thinking 3 or 4 passed with a fruit and cheese station. We are using Arthur's as our caterer and have come up with a seafood, meat and vegetarian option. But I'd love to hear what everyone else came up with! Thanks!
    Posted by lillianantonette[/QUOTE]

Hey, I noticed you selected Arthur's as your caterer.  Have you had a tasting already?The reason I am asking is b/c we have only met with them, and for our 200 person reception we are being charged $18,000. It just seems overpriced, and they can't give us a tasting until Janurary. What ultimately made you choose them?
  • edited December 2011
    @edellis - we are also having about a 200 person reception! Why don't I send you a PM about my experience with Arthur's? I will say, that our experience has been amazing with them! I'll write you before the end of the day :)
  • edited December 2011
    @edellis - PM sent :) check your inbox.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards