October 2012 Weddings

Because I'm procrastinating...

....on cleaning the house

I really want to do something different for my shoes...
We are going to the bar after the reception, and I'm already planning on wearing a shorter white dress and cowboy boots.
Since I describe myself as a little bit country and little bit rock and roll I want to show both sides of me, so for the wedding I was thinking of doing some sort of pink (one of my colors) shoes with maybe some DIY skull and crossbones on them....I just want to be different, but not totally sure on the execution...

I know a lot of the girls on here are more traditional but I still want to know what kind of fun things everyone is doing with their shoes?!?!  Especially since you won't be able to see them unless I show them I want to have fun with it!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
Favorite Thing About the Holidays
Our Tree(Is it Bears or Broncos?) & Of Course!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Because I'm procrastinating...

• I plan on getting dark purple 2 1/2 inch heels and putting a peacock feather clip on the back of each shoe, kind of like the picture Ystaalenburg has as her picture (just in purple and much lower heel :-) ).  Most of the things for my wedding is anything but traditional!  I also have talked FI into wearing purple socks, one of my "must have" pics is going to be a foot shot :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • I don't plan on wearing shoes!!  It's my dream to get married with my toes in the sand.  I am just hoping that the sand isn't too hot.  If I do decide to wear shoes, I think I might just do flip flops.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I bought a pair of cute little red flatts with a bow and some jewels on the toe so I can be comfortable. 
    for siggy
  • Cowboy boots. If I have the money, there's some really pretty blue ones that I'll get (about $400).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_because-im-procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:5aa00c80-aa1d-4201-9c2a-cd60fea457cbPost:e3c4164f-b2ff-4ec1-af93-01e92753b623">Re: Because I'm procrastinating...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan on getting dark purple 2 1/2 inch heels and putting a peacock feather clip on the back of each shoe, kind of like the picture Ystaalenburg has as her picture (just in purple and much lower heel :-) ).  Most of the things for my wedding is anything but traditional!  I also have talked FI into wearing purple socks,<strong> one of my "must have" pics is going to be a foot shot :-)</strong>
    Posted by DanaOcNy[/QUOTE]

Me too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I know this is way overdone but I would really like to wear converse. The very first job I got, the first thing I did was buy a pair of converse. They're decently expensive shoes and spending that kind of money on shoes was never something my family did. I now have fourteen pairs. Lol. I have a problem, haha. Everyone knows it and I think that at this point it is expected from me, lol. I always figured tha I would wear white ones, but now that my dress is ivory I really don't know what I'll do because I want them to still at least match. So at this point I am always on the lookout. I figure I've still got some time at least.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_because-im-procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:5aa00c80-aa1d-4201-9c2a-cd60fea457cbPost:75d820cf-231e-429d-b723-8f3410ab92c3">Re: Because I'm procrastinating...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this is way overdone but I would really like to wear converse. The very first job I got, the first thing I did was buy a pair of converse. They're decently expensive shoes and spending that kind of money on shoes was never something my family did. I now have fourteen pairs. Lol. I have a problem, haha. Everyone knows it and I think that at this point it is expected from me, lol. I always figured tha I would wear white ones, but now that my dress is ivory I really don't know what I'll do because I want them to still at least match. So at this point I am always on the lookout. I figure I've still got some time at least.
    Posted by lepoissonrouge[/QUOTE]

You can customize them on their website!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at doing that a while Ago but haven't looked in a whole, that is a good idea. Kind of a duh moment for me. I have not been thinking wedding for a while, lol. Also, I meant to say this earlier, but I pride myself in being able to say I have never paid full price for a pair. I am still cheap, lol.
  • I have not picked out my shoes yet but I am in between getting zebra print pumps (zebra print has always been my thing) or really glittery shoes. not sure which ones yet.
    Photobucket invite1
  • I think I want to strass my shoes.  I really like the one in my avatar picture, but not in blue.  I'll either do silver or purple.  
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I am thinking that I would like to wear blue or purple shoes with some sparkle on them.  I really do not want to spend a lot on them and would really like to get them in person rather than online since I have a really small shoe size.  I look forward to a 'shoe' post when everyone gets them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_because-im-procrastinating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:5aa00c80-aa1d-4201-9c2a-cd60fea457cbPost:75d820cf-231e-429d-b723-8f3410ab92c3">Re: Because I'm procrastinating...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know this is way overdone but I would really like to wear converse. The very first job I got, the first thing I did was buy a pair of converse. They're decently expensive shoes and spending that kind of money on shoes was never something my family did.

I now have fourteen pairs. Lol. I have a problem, haha. Everyone knows it and I think that at this point it is expected from me, lol. I always figured tha I would wear white ones, but now that my dress is ivory I really don't know what I'll do because I want them to still at least match. So at this point I am always on the lookout. I
    figure I've still got some time at least.
    Posted by lepoissonrouge[/QUOTE]

Love this. I <3 allstars. Do a funky color!
  • edited December 2011
    Love the cowboy boots idea. That is totally up my alley!!

I also think the pink with the skulls is hot, I definitely want to do something a little more un-traditional with my heels/shoes or whatever I decide.

I say go for it!
    weddingpic
  • I'm wearing western style boots. Got them for $119 at DSW.  :)
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards