Pre-wedding Parties

Timing and living out of town

Ok so you probably get asked this question a lot but I just looked through pages of posts and didnt find the answers I needed. When should the bridal shower be held? Also when should you get your marriage liscence? I live in Tennessee and my wedding is in Missouri so which state do I get the marriage liscense in?

I have lived in Tennessee for almost a year now and made a lot of friends that I cannot invite to the wedding but I dont want them to feel left out. What do I do?

Re: Timing and living out of town

  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You will get your marriage license in the state in which you are married.

    I'm sure your heart is in a good place on wanting your Tennessee friends to not be left out, but it is an ultimate insult to invite someone to a wedding related event if they aren't invited to the wedding.

    Here is something you could do - after the wedding, you and FI have a super casual dinner party for everyone, make some great comfort food and invite your friends over.  You can share your wedding pictures with them and have a great time.

    Hope that helps.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards