Not Engaged Yet

Diana at 50- Awesome or Creepy?

So Andrew's mom just brought me the Newsweek article that shows what Princess Diana would look like at 50.

Andrew's dad thinks it totally creepy and weird.

I think it's kinda awesome...

Your take?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Diana at 50- Awesome or Creepy?

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creeeeeeeepy...
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. I'm in the minority. I just love the idea of Kate and Diana together.
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    While I like the sentiment of Kate getting to know and love her MIL, I find this creepy.  Don't resurrect dead people for Newsweek photos.

Creeeeeeepyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  (add singsongy creepy voice to that)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think this was super creepy and also SUPER disrespectful. I don't know if you read the article that went along with it (http://www.newsweek.com/2011/06/26/what-princess-diana-s-life-might-look-like-now.html) but the way they talked about her was a bit disturbing. That's just my opinion though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diana-50-awesome-creepy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:4e26c32c-e04f-484d-a47b-1d8c37f0b6bbPost:324f0d71-67c2-410d-b980-e4f3f17c00b9">Re: Diana at 50- Awesome or Creepy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this was super creepy and also SUPER disrespectful. I don't know if you read the article that went along with it ( <a href="http://www.newsweek.com/2011/06/26/what-princess-diana-s-life-might-look-like-now.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.newsweek.com/2011/06/26/what-princess-diana-s-life-might-look-like-now.html</a> ) but the way they talked about her was bit disturbing. That's just my opinion though.
    Posted by swhite2012[/QUOTE]

Hm....I don't really like that writing style...
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It is like we are in the Twilight Zone!  *Cue Twilight music*
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I haven't read the article, but I actually thought it was kind of cool. Her death was one of those moments that I remember EXACTLY where I was when I found out. It was kind of neat to daydream for a minute about what stories we would have heard about her over the past 14 years, like her charity work, etc, maybe her 2nd wedding? I feel bad for Kate that she never got to meet what probably would have been an awesome mother-in-law.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Eek I think it's really creepy! 

• edited December 2011
    Eww definitely creepy!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    That's definitely creepy. I wonder how her children feel about it also. I think I would be really weirded out by seeing a picture of my dead mother "walking beside" my wife. It almost highlights the fact that she is not, in fact really there.
  • edited December 2011
    Wayyyy creepy, if someone did that with the 2 most important women in my life, I'd flip shnit. 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • edited December 2011
    CREEEEPY!

• edited December 2011
    I think it was disrespectful, especially to her children.  I'm sure it's not easy seeing the face of your deceased mother on the cover of a major magazine.  I also thought the article itself was not in the best taste.  but I do admit it was interesting to look and wonder, I just don't think it was the best taste. 
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creepy and wrong, IMO.

• DanieKADanieKA member
    edited December 2011
    Creepy. I agree with PP that William (and Harry) probably doesn't appreciate this computer enhanced, super-imposed pic of his late mom with his new wife. There's a difference between showing pics of Diana when she was alive, and a picture of what she might look like now. She's not a missing child. She's deceased. Let the dead rest. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that's effed up. Isn't the cover of Time a computer enhanced image of her, too? But it's portrait style. This is a lot different and not okay.
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Definitely creepy. She isn't missing with the potential to be alive. She's dead and if that were my mother, I'd be really upset to see that.
  • edited December 2011
    This is very bizarre. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards