Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party Vent

So we picked the dates and place for my bachelorette party back in December so all my friends could plan to come. I even picked the dates around some of my friends who were already supposed to be there. Now that it comes down to it... It turns out everyone ditched. They all said its too expensive to go to vegas cause we forgot to get plane tickets or something came up. My sister-in-law is being really sweet trying to plan a spa day for us but it still irks me that NONE of my friends are going.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette Party Vent

• That's disappointing that the plans didn't work out.  In planning my own vacation to Vegas this October, I found that it's tough to plan and book vacations when it involves more than two people.  It complicates it even more when plane tickets are involved.  Believe me, you'll appreciate a nice spa day moreso than a crazy, exhausting trip to Vegas right before your wedding.  Due to a freak October snow storm, my bachelorette was postponed until after my wedding.  Honestly, I think I enjoyed it more because I was fresh from our HM, completely relaxed, and didn't have any wedding stress. 
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm sorry but you're being unreasonable to expect you friends to go on a vacation for your party. Maybe they were to embarrassed to tell you they couldn't afford it or couldn't get the time off when it was just an idea so they went along with it. Now that it's here reality hits. If you really want then to go home your party in town.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is expensive to go to Vegas, so you can't really hold that against your friends.  Asking them to pay that amount of $$$ is a pretty big deal.....I wouldn't do that to my friends.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-vent-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:e937b820-ddc0-4c6a-8f06-93f765b24b72Post:d95d26b8-3593-4535-954c-2f0832068d01">Re: Bachelorette Party Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry but you're being unreasonable to expect you friends to go on a vacation for your party. Maybe they were to embarrassed to tell you they couldn't afford it or couldn't get the time off when it was just an idea so they went along with it. Now that it's here reality hits. If you really want then to go home your party in town.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Considering that none of my friends are in my hometown anymore and they are spread across the country, we had all discussed where the best "central location" would be and we had decided Vegas so I am not being unreasonable to expect that they would go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It does suck when plans change, but keep on the bright side. Enjoy your spa day and plan another trip to Vegas some other time, but maybe with less people this time. Or even just finace/husband.
  • It's kind of unreasonable to expect people to go on a trip to that expensive.  Vegas is not cheap.  You don't know their financial situations.  And some people may be embarrassed to say that they couldn't afford to go.  If you really want to have all of them meet up, then find somewhere cheaper.  There are other places to travel, that are a whole lot less expensive.  Plus a bachelorette party is not a requirement.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-vent-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:e937b820-ddc0-4c6a-8f06-93f765b24b72Post:eb05cb2f-f0c0-4383-bea8-a71ad40d22d3">Re: Bachelorette Party Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's kind of unreasonable to expect people to go on a trip to that expensive.  Vegas is not cheap.  You don't know their financial situations.  And some people may be embarrassed to say that they couldn't afford to go.  If you really want to have all of them meet up, then find somewhere cheaper.  There are other places to travel, that are a whole lot less expensive.  Plus a bachelorette party is not a requirement.  
    Posted by Annas2013[/QUOTE]

Okay... I turned to you all to vent and you are all jumping down my throat about how Vegas is so unreasonable when I DIDNT EVEN PICK VEGAS!! My MOH did because thats where she lives and she just had a baby!! She asked EVERYONE if it would be okay and they all said yes and then they all backed out at the last minute. I totally understand not having the money. Trust me, Im currently unemployed, trying to sell a house, transfer schools, and pay for a wedding. Things are tight right now. I totally understand that but everyone here acts like Vegas was the worst idea in the entire world and like im the evil bride for picking it. I DIDNT pick vegas. So if anyone else has anything more to say about how im being unreasonable... please let me know....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was trying to jump down your throat.  You had never specifically said that your MOH had picked Vegas.  Maybe if you had given more information to begin with, you wouldn't have gotten some of the responses you did.  We aren't trying to be mean, just honest.  If you understand that money is tight considering that's why you said no one could make it, then why are you even having to vent?  I'm just wondering.  You have two choices basically, see if they are still willing to do something smaller, or don't have a bachelorette party at all.  Neither one is a bad option.  It's just an online message board, no need to take it personally.  No one's attacking you.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • That's too bad that they all cancelled. They really shouldn't have agreed to go in the first place if they didn't think they could afford it. It's very sweet that she is offering to take you on a spa day though. Enjoy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 95 Invited
    image 70 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out!
    image 15 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards