Michigan-Grand Rapids

Dress Shopping!

Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you could recommend a bridal salon or specific consultant at a salon that you loved. Any suggestions in the Grand Rapids, Muskegon or even Holland area would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Dress Shopping!

• edited December 2011
    I liked going to bridal gallery on 44th st, they have a large selection and are helpful.  My advice is if you're going to a store that doesn't take  appointments like that one to go in a off time.  Good luck!
  • Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend a bridal boutique called "Beckers Bridal".  It is a little further to go, but WORTH every extra mile. (located in Fowler, Michigan)  It is a beautiful shoppe that has that elegant, "bridal" feel to it.  Other shops in the Grand Rapids area just made us feel like we were in a supersized dressing room.  Becker's has both a website and facebook page.  They were also recently given the award of Best Bridal Boutique by the "Official Best of Michigan".

After searching all over the Grand Rapids area as well as while we were visiting Nashville, TN (for a wedding), we decided to try Becker's.  We were NOT disappointed.  My daughter found an AMAZING dress on the first try!  We've seen the same dress advertised other places as well for double the price or more, so we were very pleased.  However, if you DO happen to go there, make sure you have enough for a downpayment (at least half of the purchase price of the dress) so that you can get in on their "first visit only" special.  Enjoy the search!
    Mother-of-the-Bride
  • ajsbrs2011ajsbrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second going to Becker's Bridal.  It is worth the trip (I am originally from the GR area and still have family there), since I came all the way from Virginia.  Becker's was also special since my mom bought her dress there many years ago and that I also found my dress there!!
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal Gallery with Megan=)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the help!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually found my dress at Bridal Gallery on 44th but ordered it through Becker's Bridal because they had an amazing deal going on at the time: buy a wedding dress thats $750 or more, and you get a free headpiece/veil/tiara of your choosing up to $200! Not even factoring in the deal, buying the dress through Becker's saved me around $80 (Bridal Gallery charged extra for plus size, even though the designer was already made for plus size women and therefore there was no extra charge), so that alone sold me. Then of course that deal was amazing, since veils are unbelievably expensive!!!

I'm not sure how often Becker's does deals like that; I didn't even know about it until I called to make an appointment. I may have just really lucked out.

Becker's has a great selection of plus size dresses, but an even better selection of regular size dresses. And you can actually make an appointment, which is nice. I agree with the PP that if you go to Bridal Gallery, where they don't do appointments, try not to go in the evenings or on Saturdays.... it gets crazy busy.
  • SaraR91011SaraR91011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Becker's Bridal is definitely the place to go. Very nice 1on1 service. They also give you deals if you pay for dress in full, but if you can't they will put in your order with 50% down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards