Just Engaged and Proposals

Seems so far away!

Although I'm not even technically engaged yet, we have discussed and decided on a wedding day (we're a few steps ahead of the game!) and have set the date for June 6, 2015 and that seems sooooooo far away to me! I wouldn't even be considering marriage with this man unless I was positive I wanted to be his wife, so to think I have the anticipation of just under three years almost kills me! This is going to be long, anticipation filled three years.

Re: Seems so far away!

• If you've set a date and are planning a wedding, I don't get how you aren't engaged. Being engaged means you've both agreed you want to get married and are starting some concrete plans for the wedding. You don't need a ring to be engaged; many people never get an engagement ring.

Congrats regardless!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I feel your pain. I am engaged however, my wedding is set for April 2015. The waiting is hard but knowing the wait will be worth it is what gets you through.
  • I was engaged for almost two years and it went by a lot faster than I expected.  Ideally, you will have only one wedding day so enjoy the anticipation!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_seems-so-far-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:2281bb1a-bcf9-49c0-8181-4d413a8e17a3Post:6b2f0203-7ae4-42be-9d65-5f89779e474d">Re: Seems so far away!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you've set a date and are planning a wedding, I don't get how you aren't engaged. Being engaged means you've both agreed you want to get married and are starting some concrete plans for the wedding. You don't need a ring to be engaged; many people never get an engagement ring. Congrats regardless!
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

ditto
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • We got engaged 18 months out from the wedding date, and now it's suddenly very soon!  Our shower is in two months, wedding in three and a half.  It will get here, don't worry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• I dont have a ring and he hasnt "proposed" yet yet we agreed on a wedding day and have begun planning, and we love our engagement. Or wedding date is may 2015 so same boat. Relax and enjoy being engaged!

• We were engaged at the end of February this year and we are getting married August 3rd '13 just these past few months have went by like CRAZY I am so exited and know it will be here before I know it just plan slow and enjoy your lucky to have so much time! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_seems-so-far-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:2281bb1a-bcf9-49c0-8181-4d413a8e17a3Post:c6a0f6cf-3498-42ca-868d-76c699410c71">Seems so far away!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although I'm not even technically engaged yet, we have discussed and decided on a wedding day (we're a few steps ahead of the game!) and have set the date for June 6, 2015 and that seems sooooooo far away to me! I wouldn't even be considering marriage with this man unless I was positive I wanted to be his wife, so to think I have the anticipation of just under three years almost kills me! This is going to be long, anticipation filled three years.
    Posted by smilesgirl808[/QUOTE]

<div>Why are you "not technically engaged?" Please, please tell me it's not that you don't have a ring, because that's silly. And if that is the case, then that demonstrates a lack of understanding of what commitment and marriage is about. Because it's not about jewelry.</div><div>
    </div><div>PS - We "got engaged" several months before we got a ring.</div>
  • I will say Congrats to you anyway because to me you are engaged. I am newly engaged myself a week now. We have set our date for 6/7/2014 due to my fiance' being in school. Just look at it this way. You have plenty of time to plan and save and get exactly what you want. Smile
    ~Bangin' Bride-to-Be~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards