Hawaii

RSVP Deadline?

How far in advance are you setting your RSVP deadline?  Is it ok to set the deadline more than 3-4 weeks in advance considering that most of our guests will be coming from the mainland?

I'm just worried because we have to pay our caterer in full 30 days before the wedding, and I don't want to pay for people who aren't going to be there!!!

Re: RSVP Deadline?

• edited December 2011
    we're doing 2 waves of invitations... our out of towners are getting their invites mid April with a deadline of mid-May or so.
    our locals are getting theirs mid-May with a reply due mid-June (4 weeks in advance of our wedding).

something blue hawaii decided this for us since they're doing the invites... so i think it's fine! :)
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is June 10 and I set a May 1 RSVP date.  Everybody is traveling including us and if they don't know by then, they probably aren't going is my philosophy.
  • edited December 2011
    Our RSVP deadline is 6 weeks prior to the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Great, thanks!  I think we are going to go with April 1 deadline for our May 15 wedding.
  • ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is March 15th and we set our RSVP date for January 1st. Even though it's only a month and a half away we still have guests who are on the fence and are still looking for tickets. I personally wish I would have set my RSVP earlier due to this reason. It's a pain to plan not knowing an exact number so close to the wedding, espeically when I want to order things for OOT bags and what not. After planning my own wedding and knowing the annoyance of late RSVPs, I will now be the first guest to RSVP to weddings in the future. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think we did ours 6 weeks in advance.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is April 8th and I sent out my invites the first week of Jan. with an RSVP date of Feb. 5th.  The deadline is a week away and we still don't have about 50% of the replies.  I figured this kind of stuff would happen so that's why I did ours a little early.  Plus, everyone will be coming in from out of town. But, I know we still have people on the fence...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards