Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

another 'first dance song' post

Re: another 'first dance song' post

• scrantonanglscrantonangl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're dancing to an oldie but goodie: L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole
    I have a LO-VE cake topper too and might have LOVE theme for the wedding favor.

Kels: I love Stand by Me too
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Better Together by Jack Johnson.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ultravoxultravox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young or "Blue Velvet."
  • edited December 2011
    We are dancing to Real Love, the John Lennon song off of the Beatles Anthology. It has a beat that's east to waltz to, and it is a very sweet song.
  • kglaffertykglafferty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with  Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel  <3
  • KatiediditmomKatiediditmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked Enya's Stars And Midnight Blueoff of her "And Winter Came" CD.  We didn't want some hokey, run of the mill song.  We wanted something more intimate and ethereal.  This song fit perfectly.
  • jackiwestjackiwest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you posted this topic! I've been searching for the perfect first dance song and have had a really hard time finding something that is meaningful, wedding appropriate and still us.

I was thinking about Jack Johnson- Better Together, but I just wrote down about 10 of your ideas and can't wait to check those out!

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We are dancing to "Long Trip Alone" by Dierks Bentley
  • edited December 2011
    "Better Together" Jack Johnson
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I just noticed you're already married! which song did you end up picking?

We are dancing to 'Is this love' by Bob Marley. We saw the Wailers in concert with 311 and it was a magical date for us!! plus we are going to Jamaica for our honeymoon and how sweet will it be to dance it there as well??
  • TexMex2911TexMex2911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Way I am by Ingrid Michaelson is a really good one. 

We are using "To make you feel my love" by Adele. Its so beautiful and she is an amazing singer!!
  • rossarvarossarva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

"It's only Time" by Magnetic Fields. seriously.

• Rbt124Rbt124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are dancing to Everything I do I do it for you by Brian Adams. The words are amazing anf express the way we feel about each other.
  • dwilanskdwilansk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're not sure yet, but I love Adele's version of  "Make You Feel My Love"

• edited December 2011
    We're going with Ray Lamontagne's "The Best Thing", though I have to admit- Bright Eyes and Mazzy Star are both good choices. We chose ours while we were cooking dinner together one night. My iPod was on a genius shuffle and "The Best Thing" came on. Out of the blue he started dancing with me and said, "Let's dance to this on our wedding day." I loved the song before, but I love it even more now.
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are using Ingrid Michaelson- "The way I am" too.
    Another nice one is Chantal Kreviazuk-"It feels like home to me"
    I like Procol Harum- "A Whiter Shade of Pale" Not really about love too much but still love the classic sound.
    Pearl Jam"s- "Yellow Leadbeater" was one I loved too but it might be hard to dance to and doesn't really have lyrics.

good luck finding something
  • jrshearerjrshearer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since your FI loves rock (as do I) - maybe our choice would be of help.  My guy and I are dancing to a shortened version of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters."  I say "shortened" because it's got that 3-5min. guitar intro., but it's beautiful and I've always loved it! :)

• bugnolenbugnolen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is also in a week--May 22nd and we have chosen "Truly " by Lionel Richie--it just seems to fit us.
  • mls152mls152 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are rock (alternative and classic) people and we chose "just breathe" by Pearl Jam... It was absolutely beautiful and many hadn't heard of it but have asked about it since.  It was perfect for us because I LOATHE cheesy love songs!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using "I'll follow you into the dark" by Deathcab for a Cutie. It really fits our personalities but its not really a dancing song but that doesn't really matter to us. The important thing is that it means something to us.
    Future Angie Ayrton
  • Singer6Singer6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

"The Luckiest" by Ben Folds... BEST SONG EVER!!!
    At least I think so.

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I love you guys! The Way I Am is one of our favorite songs right now, and it's so perfect for a first dance ... I may have to change my mind ...
  • psnookpsnook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a song that most have not heard... but its really sweet and with your background you might like it. It's by Amel Larrieux called "No One Else." have a fabulous wedding and good luck!! Enjoy every moment. I have two weeks....
    Yeah.
  • littlemeeghanlittlemeeghan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This might be a LITTLE slow to dance to, but Cyndi Lauper does an AWESOME cover of Unchained Melody. I wouldn't exactly call Cyndi Lauper or Unchained Melody "current" but it's such a different, cool twist, you might like it.

• jmzengerjmzenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked "Lucky" by Colbie Caliat and Jason Mraz for my first dance... but my parents picked it as their 25th anniversary song before word got out that my fiance and I were planning to get hitched. oh well haha
  • lagentnerlagentner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain.  A suggestion is the remake of "Can't take my eyes off of you" by Muse or the one by Morten Harket is a good one also.  Good Luck and keep us posted! 

• marandalamarandala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To Make You Feel My Love...my cousin is singing it....it is a Bob Dylan song, but we are using the Garth Brooks arrangement....it doesn't really have a country feel though...more of a slow romantic song...GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    BLUE OCTOBER "18TH FLOOR BALCONY"
  • edited December 2011
    we are using Smile by Uncle Kracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards