Florida-West Coast

Looking to get married on the west coast of Florida

Hello there people of the knot.com. I recently joined this site because I am currently looking for a venue for my wedding. My fiancée and I currently live in Orlando, FL and love the beaches on the west coast. We were looking at the clearwater, st pete, sarasota, and anna maria island areas. All of our families live out of state so we are hoping to find a kind of all in one place. We are looking to have a wedding on the beach with the reception in the same location. We are looking at May 2012 for our date. Just wondering if anyone knows this area and has any suggestions? I've emailed a couple of people for more information but feel quite overwhelmed by all of it. Thanks

Re: Looking to get married on the west coast of Florida

• edited December 2011
    Welcome!  THere are LOTS of girls who live in that area, and will be able to help you.  I do not live there, however I am getting married on Anna Maria Island this coming March.  My parents livein Sarasota, so I am a little familiar with the area, but I too loooove the beaches on the west coast. 

I am getting married in a church, but my reception is at the Sandbar Restaurant on Anna Maria Island which does beach ceremonies.    Everything can be right there!  They also have a sister restaurant, the Beach House that does thes ame thing.  But book quickly, they fill up quickly!

Definitely check it out!
  • mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. They have a small private beach where you can have a ceremony and they have beautiful banquet rooms for the reception. A lot of my guests are coming from out of town so the free shuttle the Hyatt has to/from the airport was a big sell for us.

Good luck!
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_looking-married-west-coast-of-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:7cf46a6e-4438-4544-9848-d54895ce1c04Post:44e36205-2abd-4c0d-ab45-feb8b59b8830">Re: Looking to get married on the west coast of Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  Sandbar Restaurant on Anna Maria Island which does beach ceremonies.    Everything can be right there!  They also have a sister restaurant, the Beach House that does thes ame thing.  But book quickly, they fill up quickly! Definitely check it out!
    Posted by mbathey[/QUOTE]

I am also getting married at the Sandbar. Both Ceremony and reception will be held there. Patti is excellent!

AMI wedding festival is coming up in Feb. I went last year and found most of my vendors there. Here is the link: <a href="http://amiweddingfestival.com/">http://amiweddingfestival.com/</a>
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Orlando too!  We just got married at Tampa Bay Watch, and it was AMAZING! 
  • alueshen9806alueshen9806 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Sirata Beach Resort on St Pete Beach in March. We are having a beach ceremony, cocktail hour on the deck, then going upstairs to the Royal Palm Ballroom for the reception. My fiance and I live here, but all of our relatives live out of state. We wanted a resort location so everyone can come and have a vacation also.
    We also looked at the Tradewinds Resort and the Grand Plaza, both on St Pete Beach. They both have the beach ceremonies with receptions on the property.
    HTH
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Grand Plaza Hotel. The views are amazing there, I'd be happy to answer and questions you have. Check out their website
    Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • kkmcnearkkmcnear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on Anna Maria Island in June.  We are getting married at the Gulf Drive Cafe & Tiki Hut.  Ceremony will be on the beach there and then reception in their new Tiki Hut.  We are using Sand Petal Weddings for all the details.  They have been great to work with so far.  Congrats and good luck on your search!
  • ThornwsThornws member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweetie1184-I'm getting married at The Grand Plaza, as well! March 6! When is your date?:) OP: Highly recommend The Grand Plaza. We also looked at Sirata (next door), and Safety Harbor. Is Safety Harbor had an actual beach, we would have gone there; it was beautiful, very vintage and elegant. The only drawback is that there isn't an actual beach. All of these, btw are probably the most economical in the St. Pete area:) I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!
  • Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anna Maria, Lido Key, Longboat Key, Siesta Key are all nice, white sand beaches, I'm not familiar much with Tampa side, but i'm sure they all great.
    That wasn't much help, was it? LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Ritz Carlton Beach Club on Lido Key (sarasota) this past Oct. It was BEAUTIFUL! We had an outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour was outside on the terrace and we did our dinner inside. I called it 'elegant beach wedding'. I have pics if you want to check it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ sweetie1184 and Thornws... we are getting married Oct 1st at the Grand Plaza too! 
    The Grand Plaza is so beautiful and has so much to offer, you really should check it out!  Cool
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    181 image
    Invited to the Celebration of the Year
    109 Yes image
    50 Missing Out! image
    22 Not Responded Yet image
  • edited December 2011
    Isla del Sol is a hidden gem that's a bit more private that the hotels. It's not on the ocean, but has a private beach on the bay.
  • eddiesgirl11eddiesgirl11 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

I am from pgh and am currently in the same boat! I am looking at the Long Boat Beach Club and Resort.. they have smaller packages for your group if you want to have a small wedding and have GORGEOUS beach ceremonies.. I'm still looking around too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards