Snarky Brides

I don't even know where to begin..

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-and-a-bridal-posse

This entertained me on this dull Friday morning. I feel badly that she had cancer, but c'mon. A bridal POSSE? What?

Re: I don't even know where to begin..

• Yeah, it's all sorts of wrong but I guess I don't understand why you are choosing to post this here/now?
  • Why didn't you say this to her in that thread?
  • ralbroralbro member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Sorry! I'm slowly expanding my posting - I introduced myself yesterday and was trying to just jump in. I think the responses over there had it pretty much covered. She wasn't going to listen anyway. I don't like to beat a dead horse. :-)
  • I love how OP then announces she was already married because she had cancer but says she doesn't need a pity party.

"Not a wedding? Exuse me but that's just down right rude.
    Now I am offended.

I'll make it simple so you can understand.

I was diagnosed with cancer. So my loving man of 2 years popped the question + we went to the courthouse the next day. Reason behind this - well, honestly, it's personal and I don't find any reason to explain our actions. We didn't HAVE a weddnig. No dress, no suit, no flowers, no exchange of the rings, no family, no friends, no celebrating --- just paperwork and a 5 minute ordeal - THE END. "

fun stuff.  CMGr railed into her though. One of the first times I wanted to give her a virtual high five.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-dont-even-know-where-to-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9733512f-75b7-4c85-abec-c4baa8b48e22Post:22ffd2cf-dbbb-4b68-8c2c-45adcdf9c6d1">Re: I don't even know where to begin..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry! I'm slowly expanding my posting - <strong>I introduced myself yesterday and was trying to just jump in.</strong> I think the responses over there had it pretty much covered. She wasn't going to listen anyway. I don't like to beat a dead horse. :-)<div>Posted by ralbro[/QUOTE]

</div><div>There's a pretty good morning thread going on right now.  Why don't you "jump in" to a chatty thread?</div>
  • ralbroralbro member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-dont-even-know-where-to-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9733512f-75b7-4c85-abec-c4baa8b48e22Post:668b8997-5876-4c11-b060-f3e9da94eea3">Re: I don't even know where to begin..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't even know where to begin.. : There's a pretty good morning thread going on right now.  Why don't you "jump in" to a chatty thread?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I did. :-) Then the convo moved on to things/people I don't know and didn't want to be weird and comment on them. But, I guess this wasn't a much better idea!
  • ralbroralbro member
    Probably cause I don't have any street cred over here yet. It's cool.
  • You can't get street cred on SB until you get flamed to hell.  Or until you open your door to a flaming bag of dog shiit on your porch.  Whichever comes first.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-dont-even-know-where-to-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9733512f-75b7-4c85-abec-c4baa8b48e22Post:adcdb8af-aca8-4c06-a181-487ce0ae294e">Re: I don't even know where to begin..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Probably cause I don't have any street cred over here yet. It's cool.
    Posted by ralbro[/QUOTE]

At least now you're establishing street cred as kind of being a whiney dumbaass.
  • ralbroralbro member
    Excellent. I'll keep my eyes peeled for out of place shiit and be sure to post an UO.
  • ralbroralbro member
    I didn't realize I was whining, but I'll try to keep it down for you chirp.
  • Chirp, that was pretty fucking lame.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-dont-even-know-where-to-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9733512f-75b7-4c85-abec-c4baa8b48e22Post:d9104e8e-1416-4d02-90ac-8e35e54485c7">Re: I don't even know where to begin..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yall play nice.
    Posted by semplesarah[/QUOTE]

Suck an egg, foo.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-dont-even-know-where-to-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9733512f-75b7-4c85-abec-c4baa8b48e22Post:d9104e8e-1416-4d02-90ac-8e35e54485c7">Re: I don't even know where to begin..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yall play nice.
    Posted by semplesarah[/QUOTE]

<div>Ok, Mom.</div>
  • ralbroralbro member

Are we in trouble already?
  • Sorry you thought it was lame, AATB.  It was a comment on how I thought she sounded whiney.  The good part is that I wasn't looking for you or anyone else to agree with me.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-dont-even-know-where-to-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9733512f-75b7-4c85-abec-c4baa8b48e22Post:d015e907-e0fa-4dda-89c0-0f2542e4d684">Re: I don't even know where to begin..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't even know where to begin.. : Suck an egg, foo.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I seriously like that fraze... Dont know how to suck an egg, but like it! Its kind of like "in your face hole."
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't really take issue with the "whiney," it was the "dumbass" part that rubbed me wrong.  I'm all about helping new posters to get into the groove around here but I felt like you were a bit quick on the draw with the name calling and felt it was unnecessarily mean.  Luckily I don't give a shiit if you agree with me, either.
    panther
  • marateamaratea member
    I don't think OP was being whiny in this thread. I do enjoy the kitty pictures though. Please to be keep doing those.
  • ralbroralbro member
    Does it help that I don't take issue with any of it? I mean, no one likes being called a dumba**, but since I didn't come here to have my assss kissed, it's kind of whatever.

Wait, is this my cue to tell you all how mean I think everyone on SB is, and say that I'm leaving?
  • Ral - yes.  And don't forget to mention that we all suck for sticking around past our weddings and that you feel sorry for our husbands.
    panther
  • I feel like chirp was overthetop to prove she's got the street cred here.

ralbro, do you know the difference between jam and marmalade yet? That is the REAL initiation.
  • ralbroralbro member
    Oh yeah. Wasn't your wedding like YEARS ago? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

Obviously, it can't be that people here just enjoy talking to each other. That would be too normal.

I'm afraid I don't know the difference Steph - is this going to be like the flaming dog shiit?
  • I'm liking ralbro.
  • Undecided yup, that's exactly it, Steph. 

For what it's worth, the adjective "dumbass" was just being used to bolster the meat of my commentary- that you sounded like you were whining when you said you didn't have "street cred".  Considering I don't know you, I have no idea whether or not you're a dumbass.  You probably aren't one.

Now I need to start planning how else I can prove my street cred.

• ralbroralbro member
    I seriously ADORE when posters get all angry at the responses and tell everyone to eff off, and then respond 94564064 more times about how they're never coming back. My moment is coming.

Also, I am hungry. GBCK may have to wait until after lunch.
  • See, the street cred thing sounded to me like she was joking around, not being whiney.  I don't really know ralbro well either since she only started coming around SB yesterday, but she hasn't really been whiney in any of her posts.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-dont-even-know-where-to-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9733512f-75b7-4c85-abec-c4baa8b48e22Post:41e8046d-e4d8-4e88-9d36-e7626a4ed9a7">Re: I don't even know where to begin..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't even know where to begin.. : This is the second time I've seen this question in two days. Wtf does it mean? Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

It was explained in yesterdays UO thread.  "Because I can't marmalade my d!ck in your mouth (or whatever orifice you prefer).". 
  • ralbroralbro member
    Thanks for "getting" me AATB. I like old 90's hip hop slang. And 90's hip hop in general.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards