North Carolina

Appt w/ Olga... ladies don't wait!!

Ok, so sometimes I think, I have 11 months till my wedding I have plenty of time.  Then other days it's like, holly cow... it's only 11 months till my wedding.

So I thought yesterday I would go ahead and give Olga a call.  I already had it set that it didn't matter how far I had to drive, I wanted her to alter my dress.  (she is the best after all)  I told her my wedding date was May 21st, 2011 and I hope I wasn't calling to soon.  she said and I quote "mercy no... i am already booking for next year, and this year is pretty much booked"  Her first week-end date to see me and get a first look at the dress is October 16th.  (not to scare anyone if your wedding is this year and you want to use Olga but have not booked her yet.  She is so sweet and would work around the clock to schedule a bride)  Just wanted to pass a little note that she is busy and stays booked.  

I am sooo excited that Olga will be working on my dress, and I just want to say to all brides, it's NEVER to early.  there is a reason certain people/suppliers are book far in advance.  so if you know what you want, I say book-it-Dan-O!!  No need to wait because time will fly!

sorry for the long post!
panther Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Appt w/ Olga... ladies don't wait!!

• momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked her 8 months in advance as well.  She does fill up very quickly.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow geez good to know.  Guess I should get started on finding a wedding dress for her to alter!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to give her a call soon so I'm at least on her schedule for early next year.  I'm so excited to work with her!
    Anniversary
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. . I had a miracle booking with her. My dress came in a month before our wedding and needed some fixing. Thank God she was able to squeeze me in :o)

She's worth EVERY dime!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jesscolettajesscoletta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree! I called in May and she was booked until september, but she squeezed me in this sunday. Ill be driving almost 2 hours to see her, but I dont care. I wanted the best and I have not heard 1 bad thing about her. I cant wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    Say hello to Ninja for me! :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, she sure does seem to fill up fast...when I called her in April, she wasn't sure if she could see me because she had 17 other brides the same week she scheduled me into!!  Talk about a busy lady!  I can't wait to meet her (which isn't until September) because she sounded wonderful on the phone, and everyone always raves about her!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beka...Ninja?? Huh? Is that what you call her, or an actual nickname?  I'm confused.
    edited December 2011
    No no. . Ninja is the cat.  he's soo cute! And played 'hide-n-seek' in my dress. I wish I had a picture of it :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Ninja is GREAT...so is Olga. I drove from charlotte a few trips and she is definitely worth every mile!
  • momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_appt-w-olga-ladies-dont-wait?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:366bc16f-740c-464b-8448-333a9993fe93Post:ce09c37c-bec4-4fe0-9370-bf1530788c5c">Re: Appt w/ Olga... ladies don't wait!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow geez good to know.  Guess I should get started on finding a wedding dress for her to alter!
    Posted by shigaites[/QUOTE]

I booked mine without a dress.  I didn't find my dress until almost 4 months after I booked her.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the heads up!! I haven't even tried on any dresses yet but I wan't her to alter mine whenever I do. My wedding isn't until September and I hadn't planned on getting it before then but I might need to!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I booked Olga after I had chosen a dress, but I hadn't even ordered it yet.  I brought her some pictures of it and had her measure me to make sure I ordered the correct size.  It's never too early!
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    'jmp0930'

quick question is your wedding September of this year?

If it is, and you would like to order a dress you may need to start shopping soon, the Wait time for my dress is 4-6 months....

I know David's bridal isn't that long, and you can rush most dresses, but if you haven't started looking, you might want to...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good to know!  My wedding is next April.  I plan on calling her the end of this month.  Will she quote prices over the phone?  I just want to know ball park what I'll be spending for a french bustle, cups sewn in, and maybe hem.

Thanks!
    TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET BFN
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmz819, (sorry don't remember you name) I am sure she can give you some kind of idea, but until she looks at the dress and can see what she is working with, I don't think she will be able to give you an accurate price quote.  That is why I have an appointment with her on October 16th.  She is only going to look at the dress and see what all might need to be done.  I wont get my final alteration done until April of next year. 

Also, go ahead and call her now...I wouldn't wait.

good luck.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards