Florida-Central Florida

~* CONFESSION FRIDAY *~

Happy Friday ladies !!!
**Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: ~* CONFESSION FRIDAY *~

• edited December 2011
    I confess I'm taking have a sick day to leave work early to go get my teeth whitened! :)

I confess I'm nervous going home and staying with my mom this weekend...I hope we don't fight..otherwise, I might have to come home early!
  • Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess yesterday when I was out sick from work I snuck off to the mall and target and did a little shopping even though I was suppose to be in bed lol.
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Isn't shopping the best therapy to heal all? :)
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I really want to go shopping! The majority of my clothes have been in my closet for YEARS and I just want some new outfits that all go together.... like I can afford that right now!
  • SRivera09SRivera09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I confess since I got to work I haven't done any "real" work.  My head is elsewhere today.  I'm just counting the minutes until 1!!

I confess  also really really wanna go shopping!!

• edited December 2011
    I confess I too wanna go shopping, for invite stuff! haha I just really want to get this crap figured out but I haven't had a chance to yet since I have been too busy this week.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If anyone ever wants to go shopping I am always looking for a partner in crime... and I always have coopons lol
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I only came to work today because its someone's birthday and we'll have cake (I was planning on working from home)

I confess that I'm worried I'll let DH down.  We're hoping to move to Europe when I finish my PhD.  The plan is for me to get a post-doc position there and I'll be the main provider until DH can take the test to practice law there, or find a teaching job.  Our dream of moving there is solely dependent on my success and landing a job.  I'm worried that I'm not good enough.  (whew it feels good to get that one out there)

I confess that I'm going to apply for a special fellowship for this year that involves spending half my time teaching middle school science class at one of the worst middle schools in Miami and I'm nervous about the kids respecting me and stuff.  DH said he's glad its not a high school but jokingly asked if UM would pay for my medical bills if I get shot.  My friend did the program last year and she said it was really challenging and intimidating, and she had to hit the panic button in her class room several times, but that overall she thought it was a great experience and that she made a difference for atleast a couple kids.
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I hope we find a house this weekend so that we can get a contract and get things moving!

I confess that I really want to go shopping but know I can't go all out right now. But i will go out today and get some new gym outfits and undergarments. Whoop-dee-do!

I confess that I love my job and the staff. I wish i could move them to Orlando with me :(
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I left work sick a couple days ago and ended up going to look at a few venue locations... although it was exciting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I want to go shopping too!!!  Mostly wedding stuff, but still...it's shopping!  However, my lost-wallet is posing quite the problem!  I can't get money out of my bank without an ID but my ID was in my wallet. And I can't get an ID without $25.00, which is in my bank that I can't get.  UGH!  But...I confess that I read online if you file a police report that your ID was stolen you can get the fee waived...so yes...I placed a police report.  I really do think it was stolen, b/c my wallet is WAY TOO BIG for it to just go unnoticed if it fell out somewhere.  I just can't prove it.  They took one anyways!  YAY!

I confess that I'm so over this Friday and need a drink!

I also confess that I really want one of those bride t-shirts...or to make a Mrs. Collins 5.21.10 jacket for the day of the wedding!  ha.  Silly, but I really want one..NOW!

Happy Friday!
  • edited December 2011
    Blonde Jess, I think a shopping trip with you would be dangerous! lol!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa... yes... shopping with me can be dangerous lol
  • jazzycazyjazzycazy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_confession-friday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:66Discussion:e859b32a-046b-4fa9-9ff6-7cd18361d7bdPost:d3bf22bb-be0f-4540-aa4d-314092168e55">Re: ~* CONFESSION FRIDAY *~</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I only came to work today because its someone's birthday and we'll have cake (I was planning on working from home) I confess that I'm worried I'll let DH down.  We're hoping to move to Europe when I finish my PhD.  The plan is for me to get a post-doc position there and I'll be the main provider until DH can take the test to practice law there, or find a teaching job.  Our dream of moving there is solely dependent on my success and landing a job.  I'm worried that I'm not good enough.  (whew it feels good to get that one out there) I confess that I'm going to apply for a special fellowship for this year that involves spending half my time teaching middle school science class at one of the worst middle schools in Miami and I'm nervous about the kids respecting me and stuff.  DH said he's glad its not a high school but jokingly asked if UM would pay for my medical bills if I get shot.  My friend did the program last year and she said it was really challenging and intimidating, and she had to hit the panic button in her class room several times, but that overall she thought it was a great experience and that she made a difference for atleast a couple kids.
    Posted by umcollegegrl[/QUOTE]

<div>umcollegegrl you'll be great in Europe if you believe you will be. I think in that sorta situation you big up an unfamiliar situation and play down your strengths. Just know that the US has some of the best trained workers in the world and you'll be able wow the pants off of any European employer!</div><div>
    </div><div>xjcx</div><div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Agreeing with Jazzy - chin up Cheryl, you'll be awesome. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  The job market for me is actually better in Europe than here, so we have high hopes.  On good days in the lab I feel much more optimistic lol
  • rosepourprerosepourpre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I don't get to come here as often as I'd like.

I confess that sometimes I resent being the sole provider... and then feel like a horrible person for feeling that way.

I confess that going to grad school while teaching full time while planning a wedding was a stupid idea.

I confes that I get annoyed when I get an A on a paper that I know was mediocre at best.
  • Maggie214624Maggie214624 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am super annoyed that a family friend of FI and I decided to have her wedding the following Friday after our Saturday wedding.  She has known for months that we set that date and just got engaged like three weeks ago!  Seriously, there are eleven other months you could have picked and you know fully well that a good portion of the invitees to our wedding will be invited to yours too! 

I confess I am equally as annoyed with FI sister who gave us attitude about possibly missing the friends wedding because we will be on our honeymoon.  What the hell were we thinking?!!

My final confession is that I am pretty certain this rant makes me sound like a brat, but had to get it out.  Thanks for not judging...I can't vent this anywhere else!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Rose! It HAS been a while! Hope things get easier - I know this is a rough time of year at school with FCAT coming up, but I'll keep my fingers crossed! Is your FI in school too or something?

Maggie, I guess on the bright side, your friend didn't plan her wedding for the week before yours, so probably everyone will come to yours since they'll get that invite first, right?
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rose--- hiya! Long time no see friend! Cheer up! You know that everything will work out just fine soon!

Hope all is ok with you! Come back and visit more often! LOL
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty Parula, you are right and really it isn't that big of deal, but I just feel like people will be comparing the weddings.  I will get over this soon...really there are bigger things going on in the world.  Frankly I feel a bit silly that this bothers me.
  • edited December 2011
    Maggie, don't feel silly about it. I've seen some posts on the national boards where girls are bent out of shape about WAY less-worthy things. But do rest assured that you'll have very different weddings and yours will be just right for you, so whatever happens at hers is inconsequential. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Rose- I know how you feel! I work full time as a nurse night shift and also go to grad school. I can't wait til the honeymoon when I can finally get a much deserved break!
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess i dont think maggie sounded like a brat :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for all the support!  I am sorry I will miss the GTG this evening.  Have fun!
  • rosepourprerosepourpre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the kind words ladies. Somtimes I just feel like I don't have a minute to breathe. FI was taking some online classes for paralegal certification while looking for work; he just finished, so hopefully, with that in hand, he'll have better luck finding a job.

Cherrirerri: Yeah, it's rough, but we can be thankful we have jobs.

Cjb and PrettyParula:I'll definitely try to stop in more. This place does cheer me up :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards