Canada-Alberta
Options

can't decide on our winter wedding venue!

We are trying to decide between 2 ceremony/reception locations in Banff: Buffalo Mountain Lodge in Banff or The Juniper in Canmore.  has anyone attended a wedding at either places? any preference?

Re: can't decide on our winter wedding venue!

• Options
    aspe85aspe85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree, we always stay in Canmore as well, because of the park pass issue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Juniper is in Banff not Canmore and both are beautiful locations.  

On the park pass issue The price of a park pass is $19.60 for 2 or more people in the car and the money goes back into the park to maintain facilities. Even if you stay and Canmore and enter the Park you stil need to purchase a day pass.  If the guests are from Alberta and visit the Parks more than 6 times a year an annual pass is better.    I'm getting married in the Park (and I live here) and all my guest are aware they have to purchase a park pass, it's 20.00.

Both the Juniper and Buffalo Mountain Lodge are beautiful locations. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in banff and have attended weddings at both places, they were both lovely and the food was very nice at both - not much help I realize! have you been to both? the biggest thing I would say I noticed was that the rooms at the Buffalo Mountian lodge seemed nicer for the small amount of time I was there. plus if anyone is concerned about a park pass remind them how much you pay for parking in the city!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards