August 2012 Weddings

are veils normally super spendy?

I'm curious  - for a cathedral veil - how much should one expect to spend?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 223 invited
image 139 are ready to party!
image 87 have better things to do
image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20

Re: are veils normally super spendy?

• ok so i am wearing the same type of veil... i was looking and even in the cheaper stores (davids bridal/alfred angelo) and they were up to $600...  i thought this was obsured for a few minutes and a piece of material... i looked in the site Etsy, and got my cathedral veil for $27 plus shipping.. same EXACT veil as in the stores... go to the terihuang store on etsy and have a conversation with her about exactly what you want. shipped within 2 weeks and is perfect.  dont tell anyone my little secret ;) good luck!
  • etsy is the best... I have gotten so much there for the wedding... i second PP's suggestion
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ok cool. ty :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited
    image 139 are ready to party!
    image 87 have better things to do
    image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20
  • I've heard good things about  http://www.valuveil.com from other knoties and I plan on getting mine from there. I dont see a reason to spend $$$ on somethings thats really gonna get taken off in a hour! :)
  • I purchased my from valuveil... the owner was super sweet.
    if you send her a self addressed stamped envelope she will send you a sample of everything you want to see for free

I purchased a cathedral veil for 21 after shipping...

good luck!
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • My mom went a little nutso over veils. She insisted that I needed two veils. Since she was willing to buy both of them, and I didn't want to turn it into a battle...she spent 190 each at David's Bridal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I ended up getting a really good deal at a store closing and got a $300 veil for $62.00
    I didn't want to spend more money than $100.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited June 2012
    I got my fingertip veil from valuveil for about $15. Wasn't willing to spend a lot, since I don't plan on wearing it to the reception (only ceremony and some photos).
  • My veil was about 400 but they offered to let me purchase the dress right then and they'd throw in the veil for free. I was sold, and it helped make up my decision.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards