California-Los Angeles

QOTD

Have you ever been camping?  Site or back country? 
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• edited December 2011
    Heck no - I'm too girly and need a real bathroom.

Unless you count outdoor school LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was younger, I went more often.  However, we've been talking about going soon!  I know that bathroom thing can be difficult, but you just deal because camping is fun!  It's good to be adventurous!
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never and I am going to keep it that way. :)
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only really been site camping with DH.  The best place was the Everglades.  It was like paradise.  DH goes back country camping with his friends but that's just too much for me.  I let them have their boys weekend.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    NEVER!!!! And I refuse to do it...oh heck no!!! No shower no bathroom...and you sleep on the floor with BUGS!!!! NO THANK YOU!!!

DH says they did it every summer as kids and LOVED IT!!! I always continue by saying I spent my summers on the beach tanning then went home to my comfy bed hahaha!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been camping either, but I do want to. We are hoping to go this year...I know it'll  be tough for me but I want to experience it sometime in my life.  DH went often as kids with family and friends and loved it...he always tells me about his adventures and sounds like fun! We'll see how it goes!
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second you, FactoryBride!
  • edited December 2011
    I basically grew up camping. I feel bad that I haven't done it in a couple of years.

I did both site and back country camping. It was a tradition growing up that every Memorial weekend we would camp as a family. My mom hated it, though lol. She wasn't too big on the porta-potty thing at the site we went to.

The back country stuff was always just what we had to do since I grew up as a hunter/rancher. Digging our own fire pits, clearing a flat area to put the tent, washing dishes in a creek, sometimes having to pack everything either ourselves or on horseback.

It's peaceful to me. To just sit there and watch the clouds go by. Or stargaze next to the fire.
  • edited December 2011

So I come from a family of hippies that spent most of our "together time" camping and backpacking. I am even named after a Lake in Yosemite.   I enjoyed it and it was probably really good for me but I just  don't know how I got so high-maintenance. It wasn't till I met FI that I discovered trailer camping.  Let me tell you, once you camp with amenities like a toilet and shower, there's really no going back to a tent.  We have a toy hauler that has fold-down beds and it is amazing.  In Glamis and other places where there is sand and lots of noise, it is the only way to go.  No more tents for me!

PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, yup. My husband loves camping. Normally we do sites, but they're still pretty rustic. Like pit toilets, no water hook ups. Pack in, pack out. Last trip we went on was Death Valley in JULY. But we were up in the mountains, so the weather wasn't too bad.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I was born camping. My dad started taking us camping at a vey young age. We take camping trips all through out the year and a big family camping trip in the summer to Sequoia. It's so fun. We usually do site camping. I need toilets and showers. So I've never really roughed it before.

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
  • edited December 2011
    I grew up around camping as well. We started out as tent-campers, then moved on to a fifth wheel and toys (quads) then my parents got a moterhome and I LOVE it.  Prefer it to tent camping any day, but when my FI and I go to Pismo Beach, we tent camp with our friends.  They have bathrooms and coin-op showers.  The best part is riding your quad then hitting the waves.

TheFactoryBride- Does your FI off-road? Do you guys have any OHV's?
    Finally a Mrs! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards