Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:c035b319-59f0-4477-8ac8-84bd30b483b0">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : What. The. FUUCK?! Are you serious? Because she doesn't have anything better to do on her son's wedding day than get to know a complete stranger? I'm floored. Tell her to at least pay a manwhore to pretend to know her. A blind date will make her look more pathetic than being completely alone that day.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I know! I wish I were making this up. She approached me about it the other day. It went something like this..

Her: I didn't get a plus one on my invite.

Me: Oh, I didn't think you were seeing anyone. Are you now?

Her: Well no, but I wanted to do what that red head did in the Wedding Date and bring a blind date. I thought it would be fun!

Then, FI informed me later on that she wanted the blind date to make his dad jealous. So dumb.
  • I judge the spelling errors too.  I mean, typos are one thing, but "congrads," "loose" instead of "lose," they're/their/there, really bother me.

I judge the family down the street whose house is a pigsty.  Um, if your house is that dirty, WHY do you insist on leaving your living room curtains open at night for all of us to see?  There is clutter...and then there is this living room that looks like it is out of "Hoarders" or something.
  • I never got into Angel, so Booth it is for me.

Everything is...going? I moved on Saturday, graduate this Saturday and get married next Saturday. I'm just having to take things one at a time. Next week I have to make table numbers and place cards and seating arrangements. I have my (I hope) final fitting today, so that's pretty exciting! Thanks for asking!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:a22e5d30-482c-4b16-b9d2-7826d9e22270">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : As a person that has numerous friends that are over 21 and living at home, I feel like that judgment is a wee bit harsh. It's one thing if they have jobs and blow their money since they don't have to pay rent---judge away for that. But I have a number of friends that can't find jobs and are fresh out of college and they live at home, or they just started their job and are saving up to be able to afford moving out. For me, it's a case-by-case thing.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I agree with this...I have a couple of friends (and a little sister) who have to live at home, but they pay rent.  My sister still can't get more than a part time job because her epilepsy still isn't under control.

I judge the people at my work who volunteer, and then bitch incessantly about the "workload and how much I have to do now, blah blah blah."  You're a VOLUNTEER.  If you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to do it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• i judge girls who hike their thongs up to their bra line.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:b5da936c-fd63-445d-a1d3-7fde2054f68e">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]i judge girls who hike their thongs up to their bra line.
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]
    Ow. And Ew. But mostly Ow.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • They guy in The Wedding Date was paid to act like he was in love with her. He was a prostitute, not a blind date! Lord.

The night Ex left, he said he couldn't wait to bring the hottest, youngest Piece of Ass he could find to all our girls' major life events like graduations and weddings just to show me how much better of he'd be without me. Next month is Manda's graduation, and I'm assuming his date will be his squatty, still-pudgy-from-baby skankwhore. This makes me smile.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:b5da936c-fd63-445d-a1d3-7fde2054f68e">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]i judge girls who hike their thongs up to their bra line.

Say what?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I judge my FSIL (brother's fiancee, not fiance's brother) for calling a bridesmaid meeting to tell us that she's postponing her wedding.  I got the head's up from my brother and didn't go, but if I had driven six hours EACH WAY for that little announcement, I'd have killed her.

I also judge the girl on my club board who moved her wedding date up four months after her priest told her that God wanted her to get married sooner ... and would prove it by financing her wedding.  (If I convert, will God pay for my wedding too?)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:a1a05e7c-edc6-4c1f-a907-6b35705c03c4">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never got into Angel, so Booth it is for me. Everything is...going? I moved on Saturday, graduate this Saturday and get married next Saturday. I'm just having to take things one at a time. Next week I have to make table numbers and place cards and seating arrangements. I have my (I hope) final fitting today, so that's pretty exciting! Thanks for asking!
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

I was a huge Buffy fan, so I had to follow Angel. He oozes more sex appeal then Booth.

Are you taking time to breathe through this process? A lot of life changes at once.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • well, bra line was an exaggeration, but you know what i'm talking about.... the ones that hike them up so high thatyou see the triangle when they bend over and their shirt slides up.
  • atayk21atayk21 member
    First Comment
    Umm at 21 I was still in school full time, working 2 part time jobs and an internship. II still lived at home why? Because even though I had 2 part time jobs my pay still equaled shitt on a stick.  I  was more than motivated to hit the ground running. So please with the judging, stop. I know I am not alone in this one.
  • Nope, no time to breathe lol. And FI has been absolutly NO help because he has a final tonight so I haven't even really seen him. Hopefully he'll come back around tomorrow. I'm honestly not too stressed about the wedding. The place cards are just going ot be little tents, so that's only going to be a couple hours, and everything else is done!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:8984feb3-884a-4e30-b6d0-ad042bedb338">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge my FSIL (brother's fiancee, not fiance's brother) for calling a bridesmaid meeting to tell us that she's postponing her wedding.  I got the head's up from my brother and didn't go, but if I had driven six hours EACH WAY for that little announcement, I'd have killed her.<strong> I also judge the girl on my club board who moved her wedding date up four months after her priest told her that God wanted her to get married sooner ... and would prove it by financing her wedding.  </strong>(If I convert, will God pay for my wedding too?)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?  And she believes this???  I'm not a Calvinist or something, but she does know God "allows" bad things to happen, right? 
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I judge anyone who has the nerve to make fun of someone's tattoos when they have a shitty one also. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:115408f6-4630-4419-9da7-9d96086136d8">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people at the grocery store for what they have in their carts (i.e. junk food, everything processed, etc).
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

I do that too. Or the woman at Subway who told the employee how to make her kid's sandwich. "No... no lettuce. Not even that little piece of lettuce that accidentally got on it. He won't eat the sandwich at all if there's ANY amount of vegetables on it."

[QUOTE]people who drive high end cars and rent basement suites.  this is an epidemic here.
    Posted by lannerjarv[/QUOTE]

My brother used to be friends with a ton of people who lived at home, worked as restaurant servers, and leased BMWs. Nothing better to spend your money on, there.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:2dfe4767-1546-418f-b254-85922f850244">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge anyone who has the nerve to make fun of someone's tattoos when they have a shitty one also. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big tattoo person (I don't have any) but anytime I hear someone being like "look at that ugly tattoo!" and I'm thinking the same thing about them, I laugh inside.
  • jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    i judge my SIL. She is one of the worst parents i have ever seen. Sometimes i feel bad because everyone on her side of the family talks insane crap about her parenting skills, or lack thereof. But then i see her with her kids and i see how she ALLOWS her kids to act, and i dont feel bad at all. She totally deserves it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:afe11218-618f-4e49-935a-ce717ec19082">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]They guy in The Wedding Date was paid to act like he was in love with her. He was a prostitute, not a blind date! Lord. The night Ex left, he said he couldn't wait to bring the hottest, youngest Piece of Ass he could find to all our girls' major life events like graduations and weddings just to show me how much better of he'd be without me. Next month is Manda's graduation, and I'm assuming his date will be his squatty, still-pudgy-from-baby skankwhore. This makes me smile.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? What an ass. Way to be mature Bec's Ex!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:e85a7ecb-582f-4847-994d-dc69c24bf47d">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]well, bra line was an exaggeration, but you know what i'm talking about.... the ones that hike them up so high thatyou see the triangle when they bend over and their shirt slides up.

Ohhhh, yeah.  I always assumed that happens because their pants are too low-cut.   But yes, I definitely know what you mean now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Making fun of tattoos is, imo, really mean. It's a tattoo; it's not going away. Politely lie even if you don't like it.

LVB- Holy crap. You've got a crazy couple of weeks. Congrats on graduation.
    Are you two going on a honeymoon?
  • I also think 21 is a bit harsh, but I DO judge people who are gainfully employed (and make more than I do) and over the age of 30 who live at home. FSIL, I'm looking at you. (But she's saving up for a condo! And this way she can continue her habit of buying 1 pair of Jimmy Choos a month! And a new car every 4 years!)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I also judge whoever has been leaving the faucets running in the restroom. Is it that hard to notice that the water is still on? I'd hate to see your utility bills if you do that at home.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • dani, its right up there with wearing a black bra under a white shirt.
  • Thanks Jasmineh! Yeah, we leave 2 weeks from today to drive down to Disney for a day (free tickets and I've never been) and then going on a 7 day cruise. That's the only thing helping me through this process!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:c600f7b9-3faa-4d58-8611-60ca49db5f15">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Making fun of tattoos is, imo, really mean. It's a tattoo; it's not going away. Politely lie even if you don't like it.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I realize it's not going away, but they CHOSE to put it on their body.  It's not like a birthmark or anything, they made a conscious choice to put bad art on their body.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • The guys on motorcyles yesterday blaring music for the whole world to hear.
    Married 10/2/10
  • I judge the girl on Lamebook who intentionally spelled her tattoo wrong because otherwise "it would look funny"

Actually, I judge everyone who has a tattoo spelled wrong.

I judge SIL for trying to make my bach. party and wedding all about her. I also judge her for being 24 and not having a job, and just going back to school everytime she graduates because no one will hire her because she has no experience in anything except being a lazyass. I also judge her for lying to MIL about my bach. party, causing MIL to tell me what a b*tch and wh0re my MOH was, for things that SIL did.

Really I judge SIL for everything she has ever done and will ever do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:fe95fe9e-5cb3-4b31-94b3-fbe6ef2524d5">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also judge whoever has been leaving the faucets running in the restroom. Is it that hard to notice that the water is still on? I'd hate to see your utility bills if you do that at home.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I hate that.   On the beach people will leave the shower on after they are done rinsing off. It just runs and runs.  It costs the hotel 5 cents a gallon to <em>make</em> water (yes we make our own fresh water).  It such a waste of money and resources.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7a31739b-31f2-4c5b-aa62-493583a6439ePost:1a38342e-4654-481c-a6d4-9bba4a7be54c">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I realize it's not going away, but they CHOSE to put it on their body.  It's not like a birthmark or anything, they made a conscious choice to put bad art on their body.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  There are a lot of people who don't seem to think before getting tattoos.  I can't imagine walking up to someone and saying "that's one ugly tattoo," but I'll definitely think it.  I'm not a tattoo fan in general though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards