Washington-Seattle

Question from a May knottie

Hey ladies!

I am getting married May 21st.  And we are taking an Alaskan cruise out of Seattle for our honeymoon!

FI has been looking for hotels in Seattle but is not sure where to go.

We are flying  in to Seattle Monday leaving port on Tues and hope not to have to rent a car.  We are looking for a decent hotel but not too expensive.  We don't need a honeymoon suite of anything we will have that on the ship.

Also any nice places to have dinner or fun things to do would be awesome!  we will be there most of the day Monday and  almost a full day after we get back into port. 

We are going to go to a Mariners game but are looking for maybe something else to do the other day we have in Seattle.

Thanks ladies :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: Question from a May knottie

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Being a May Bride myself, my mind is kinda running on empty with ideas, but some hotels that have been recommended on this board for the downtown area are:
    Hotel 1000
    Hotel Alexis
    Hotel Andra

I don't have any experience with any of them, hopefully another Knottie will have more incite.

As for restaurants, I would recommend a Seafood restaurant around Lake Union, and I would recommend making reservations, so you can get a nicer view, my two favorites are:
    Chandler's Crabhouse
    Duke's Chowderhouse
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • peskyinpurplepeskyinpurple member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The SeaTac airport is about 10-12 miles from downtown Seattle, so if you don't want to rent a car, maybe look for hotels that have shuttles?  Or plan on taking a cab, they aren't all that expensive to the downtown area.

Mgoss has some great hotel ideas.  I also recommend:
    -Inn at the Market
    -Maxwell Hotel (This one is very close to Seattle Center, which has the Space Needle in it.
    -Hyatt at Olive 8
    -Hotel Monaco
    -Pan Pacific Seattle

I feel that the Pike Place Market is a must see, as well as walking around that general area.  Lots of fun bars and restaurants within walking distance.  There is a "Ride the Ducks" tour that takes off near the Space Needle.  I've never taken it but have heard good things!

Hope you guys have a blast whatever you decide!
  • zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I stayed at the Westin downtown for an anni one year. I was super nice and they had some rooms in the $150-$175 range, but that was a couple years ago, so I have no idea what they are like now. I would definitely reccomend the pike place market. Strolling the water front with all the piers is fun too. They have a bunch of touristy shops and an Arcade on one of the piers. I like Elliots for a nice seafood restaurant. They are out on a pier. :)
    December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Another option is Cedarbrook Lodge, located close to the airport with a free shuttle(maybe 10-15 minutes from downtown Seattle).  They were just voted #1 hotel in the US by tripadvisor.com ... I'm staying there the night before the wedding, and rates are super reasonable (for Seattle!). 
    Anniversary
  • Frogger5Frogger5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for Maxwell Hotel, too. We've reserved rooms for our guests there. It's so close to Seattle Center, but also is just a cool hotel on it's own. If you have a bunch of cash from the wedding burning a hole in your pocket, you should check out a show at Teatro Zinzani, which is just across the street from the Maxwell. It's sort of Cirque de Soilei (?)/dinner theater. Expensive, but it was a really awesome time. Have fun on the cruise regardless!
  • edited December 2011

The Hotels people have recomended are amazing, totally love them but if you are looking for just a decent place to crash after a long day of walking around the city I recomend the travelodge by the space needle. Its close to most touristy attractions and it is super affordable plus they do complementary breakfast!  I think their rates are around $70 per night
    You can take the light rail or they also have shuttles from the airport that drop you off at the hotel. (Shuttle express, I believe is the one)
    http://www.travelodgeseattlecenter.com/

Once again, all the ideas that other knotties have for dinner are great if you have some cash to spend but if you are looking for affordable stuff I recomend pike place market, you will also find a pizza place called tutta bella a few blocks from the space needle, there's also a pub called Buckley's in Beltown, lower Queen anne has amazing restaurants and Roy street also is a good place for great food.

Hope this helps!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards