March 2012 Weddings

Locket-size photo help!

I'm so surprised at how difficult it has been for me to find a place (in-person or to order over the Internet) that can print locket size photos!!  Has anyone ever printed their pictures really small?? Did you do it on your own (if so, how did you make it print so small)? If not.. where did you go? I'm going to try going to a Kodak Kiosk as this website (click) suggests but there is nothing on the website indicating they can shrink pictures so I may need a back-up plan.

Thank you!!
Anniversary

Re: Locket-size photo help!

• You can check the size by just printing in black and white on your regular printer. Keep shrinking the photo by 25-50% until you get the face to be the size that you want it. I hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• 4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I think I just used MS Paint to crop the picture I needed, and when I printed from there the Picture Printing Wizard came up and I chose 'contact sheet' but just one image.  I still had to trim it down a little bit for it to fit.

I hope that helps some - good luck!
  • edited March 2012
    Ah I don't know where to find the Picture Printing Wizard... I did try several test runs at work today and it took forever but I'm so determined to make it work!! Thanks ladies!
    Anniversary
  • Sorry, I was misremembering, it wasn't when I opened it in Paint, it was when I opened the file in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (basically when you look under 'my documents/picture/etc' and just click on the file.  Mine will open up in the Windows Picture Viewer and when I print from there it openes up the Photo Printing Window.

Sorry about that!!!
  • My sister downsized the pictures I scanned to 3/4"x3/4" for my memory charms for my bouquet in Photoshop and we just doubled them and printed one 4"x6" at the Kodak photo printer at Target and I cut them out. If you know someone who knows how to work Photoshop, they should be able to help you. Can you email the files to your photograper and see if they can help you?
  • You can also copy and past the photo into microsoft word then just  make it as big or small as you want it and print it onto photo paper.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_locket-size-photo-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:aedbd636-d22a-4e89-83cc-ea81959561b5Post:d32ada59-aea8-4e93-a3ba-603eee177dba">Re: Locket-size photo help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can also copy and past the photo into microsoft word then just  make it as big or small as you want it and print it onto photo paper.
    Posted by rachel801231[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I didn't try it this time around, but in the past I've noticed that Word seems to make pictures lower res.  With the pics being 0.5" x 0.75" I need the best resolution I can get!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards