Nevada-Las Vegas

How are you informing guests about your "meet & greet"

How are you letting them know about your meet & greet?
On the invite? word of mouth? wedding website?

Also, where are you having yours? I'm trying to find a place, but my mind is drawing a blank for what good restaurants I've been to in Vegas Surprised

Thanks!

Re: How are you informing guests about your "meet & greet"

• Candiceluera3Candiceluera3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I am sending the meet and greet information with my invitation. I am creating a guest information card that will have a small itinerary, accommodations and a link to my wedding website.

For our meet and greet we are first taking the DDB around town then I am having them drop us off at Caesar's were we will be eating at Trevi for our meet and greet/ rehearsal dinner :)

We also contimplated the new buffet at Caesars!
  • We're putting it on the website, on a separate enclosure card with the invitations, and reminding people via word of mouth once they arrive.

We're considering:

-Firefly
    -Studio B Buffet (the best prices, but kind of far down the strip)
    -Wicked Spoon

We considered hiring the Double Decker Bus, but it'll be too cold. That's a really popular option with others, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I put the Meet & Greet on it's own tab on our Wedding Web site. I also created an itinerary that accompanied the invite and had all the info. We had it at Hussong's at the Mandalay Bay followed by a 3-hour DDB tour to Fremont street. It was awesome.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re:How are you informing guests about your :I put the Meet amp; Greet on it's own tab on our Wedding Web site. I also created an itinerary that accompanied the invite and had all the info. We had it at Hussong's at the Mandalay Bay followed by a 3hour DDB tour to Fremont street. It was awesome. Posted by krisstyle12 Krisstyle12...hello stranger, welcome back! We are doing DDB tour and are providing drinks and snacks. I included ours with the invitations on a seperate tap...we have menu style invites and they included invite, wedding day itinerary, other plans for bride n groom join us if you like type thing which includes meet n greet, and contact/RSVP info.
  • I would not put it on the invite or in with the invite unless it's sponsored, or you come up with a nice way to tell guests it's not sponsored.  Many people will assume it's free if they see it in the invite envelope.  If it is free, I'd definitely add an insert to the invite and ask people to rsvp for that separately so you know what guest count to expect for the venue.

I'd go with website and word of mouth and then just phrase it in a way that guests know it's not free if that's the case.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_how-are-you-informing-guests-about-your-meet-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:824db0ec-9544-467f-be91-3f6592cdcbfdPost:1c04d9c6-c0ac-481e-a997-9f8cc749a1c4">Re: How are you informing guests about your "meet & greet"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would not put it on the invite or in with the invite unless it's sponsored, or you come up with a nice way to tell guests it's not sponsored.  Many people will assume it's free if they see it in the invite envelope.  If it is free, I'd definitely add an insert to the invite and ask people to rsvp for that separately so you know what guest count to expect for the venue. I'd go with website and word of mouth and then just phrase it in a way that guests know it's not free if that's the case.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

<div>Vegasgroom, </div><div>We were planning to host it. That's a good idea to do an RSVP, I didn't even think of that. Thanks!</div><div>
    </div><div>It never occured to me not to host it. Is that more common, to have the guests pay at the meet & greet?  We were planning on doing beer, wine, and hors d'oeuvres. Basically a cocktail party. But if it's more common for it not to be hosted, that would be wonderful for our budget! Maybe I could just pay for the hors d'oeuvres and not do a hosted bar....hmmm.....things to think about now! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>What is everyone here doing? Hosted or not? </div>
  • I planned to have ours at the Sugar Factory. I posted a schedule on our website and have the link to their menu and noted there that the meal isn't covered by us. So its open to whomever wants to attend.. because after that we are having the guys and girls separate and go out.. I am also putting an itinerary in the welcome bags. Still figuring it all out
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meghan - most people host it as an additional "thank you" to their guests for traveling. It's sort of the Vegas version of a rehearsal dinner, which is a hosted meal.
  • edited December 2012
    We will have our meet and greet at level 107 Lounge located on the 107th floor of the stratosphere hotel which is where i have reserved the hotel rooms for the guest. It will say that you can join us if you want so they know that we won't be paying for the meal. Hopefully all of the guest will be staying their. i posted this info on our website.
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_how-are-you-informing-guests-about-your-meet-greet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:824db0ec-9544-467f-be91-3f6592cdcbfdPost:cbfe9bbc-eda6-43fd-981a-5c7206176fba">Re: How are you informing guests about your "meet & greet"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How are you informing guests about your "meet & greet" : Vegasgroom,  We were planning to host it. That's a good idea to do an RSVP, I didn't even think of that. Thanks! It never occured to me not to host it. Is that more common, to have the guests pay at the meet & greet?  We were planning on doing beer, wine, and hors d'oeuvres. Basically a cocktail party. But if it's more common for it not to be hosted, that would be wonderful for our budget! Maybe I could just pay for the hors d'oeuvres and not do a hosted bar....hmmm.....things to think about now!  What is everyone here doing? Hosted or not? 
    Posted by MeghanERobertson[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure which way is more common.  We had a rehearsal dinner the night before, even though we had no rehearsal, and we hosted it.  We invited about 45 family and closest friends via a seperate casual invite that we sent after we got all the confirmed yes's back from the regular invites since Hussong's (where we had it) needed a guest count to prepare for.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards