Second Weddings

Second wedding will be small - how to tell people they aren't invited?

Hi Everyone, 

We have chosen a small venue (second wedding for both of us) - 45 guests max. At my first wedding, I had over 140 guests. I will not be able to (nor do I want to) invite that many people. What is a good way to announce/broach this subject with friends and distant family who will not be invited? Should I tell them now, before they hear about the date/venue through the grapevine?

I'm also very active on Facebook and while I have posted no wedding details there, people are still posting, asking when it's happening - people that I'm not planning to invite. I was thinking about making a general post about how we have a date and we're excited, and it's going to be very small and family-focused - bad idea?

All help appreciated! Thank you!!

Re: Second wedding will be small - how to tell people they aren't invited?

• not a bad idea at all. I'm in a similar situation as you are but we're inviting even less people. Immediate family only (approx 20 people). Everyone who has asked has been told that we're only inviting our immediate family. While we truely love all of our friends and family we are keeping the budget low as we are saving for a house. People seem to understand that and don't seem too offended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards