Wedding Party

Would you side-eye me?

It's too late at this point, because they've all been asked, but I guess I should have gotten some feedback ahead of time... Undecided

I'll be having 8 BMs, 2 Jr. BMs, 4 GMs, and 1 Jr. GM.  And a flower girl.

Ends up to be a whopping 16-person wedding party- 18 including us.  If it helps, 3 of my 8 are his family members. 

So... bad? I'm getting a complex.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Would you side-eye me?

• I do tend to roll my eyes at huge wedding parties, but it's certainly not the end of the world.  BTW, you could have his family members stand on his side.
    Married 10/2/10
  • It is what it is.  I might find it odd if your guest list is under 100.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FWIW, the guest list is like 180... I mean I'm clearly pretty far out so that's not LOCKED IN or anything, but that's what it's looking like.

And quotequeen, I was considering that.  Plus I'm going to ask the church if they're allowed to just... sit. That'd be cool.

• I was in a wedding a few years ago where I was one of eight BM's, and there were eight groomsmen.  It was a lot, but it was what she wanted.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • I would side eye you but it is what it is. You've asked. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Yes it's too many but it's okay, your wedding ,your decisions
  • I would not side eye you but I think that the amount of BM- GM is a little odd. But you are welcome to do as you want it is your wedding
    60 Invitedimage Attendingimage Declinedimage Not Repliedimage RSVP Date September 15, 2011 image
  • No. DH and I had 7 BMs, 7 GM, 2 HP and 2 Ushers.

One friend of mine had 11 BMs and 10 HP and 11 GM.

I just feel sorry for you having to buy presents for all of those people. BM gifts just about killed my budget.
  • As long as you're close to all of them, there isn't anything wrong with it.  It will be difficult to get so many WP gifts, and it will be a challenge getting BM dresses if you want them to match (this would be a good example of when to just give them a color and designer, or even just a color, and let them choose their own).

FWIW, FI and I will probably both have 6--I feel like we got a little happy with the asking, but they're the ones that are closest to us, and we want them standing with us.
  • I think its fine.  I think the amount of BMs compared to GMs is a little odd since its such a big difference, so I would definitely think about his sisters on his side.

Also, like you said see if they can sit during the ceremony.  We had 5 on each side, and only the MOH and BM stood at the altar with us.  The rest of the WP sat in the first pew on each side.  I went to a wedding yesterday that had 6 BMs and 7 GM, and all of them stood on the altar with them during the ceremony, in a very small church.  It looked really weird and too cluttered up there.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Anything more than 6 on either side earns you a "well that's kind of excessive" from me, but it's one of those things where you're not hurting anyone, so I don't really care. It's not like I'd sit through your whole ceremony judging you for it.
  • I went to a wedding once that had a 30-person WP (16 BM, 14 GM).  By comparison, yours doesn't seem to big.  But objectively, yes, it's a big WP. 
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • To best honest I wish it could have been smaller, but in the same thought I feel like there's nobody in the party that's one of those not-so-close friends or something.  It's almost all family members.

So, okay, oh well.  Thanks for the opinions, everyone, I appreciate it.  Sucks I'll be laughed at, but I guess I'm not that worried in the long run.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards