Ohio-Cincinnati

There is a fabulous new dress hanging in my closet!

And it's white!

I bought a sample dress from Fabulous Bridal. It's an Essense of Australia.I guess I would call it something like a modified A line. Of course, I am going to have a little bit of alterations to do- I am having the straps removed to make it a strapless and adding a bustle, and a vintage broach.

But, two things I want to share:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the girls at Fabulous! April and Angelia are pretty awesome. My budget was $500- which is a drop in the bucket compared to a large portion of their line, but they showed me a whole room of samples that will be part of the clearance sale the day after Thanksgiving and I tried on atleast 15 dresses (I wear a 12). I picked a dress on Thursday when I was there with my bridesmaids, but was very nervous about picking a dress on the first try. I went back today with my mom, and when we looked at it, we just kind of came to the conclusion, I wasn't in love. So, the girls brought down some of the dresses from the clearance section, and some off the rack in the style I was looking for, and the next dress I tried on was "the dress"!

But, here's the kicker- I had tried it on before and had decided against it! I was wearing a different spanx (it was too big) and a corset bra, and the dress was too ill fitting. This time, I had on the proper size spanx and no corset and it fit perfectly! So, undergarments really make a huge difference!

I am so excited!

Re: There is a fabulous new dress hanging in my closet!

• TMarieInOHTMarieInOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was just looking on the Essense website and I found this photo:

http://www.essensedesigns.com/dress.php?id=23

It's not my dress exactly, but it's pretty much exactly what it will look like once the straps are taken off (it has thicker straps- not detachable ones) and mine is a zip, not a lace-up.

• onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty and a good deal. Can't beat that.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried that dress on and loved it. Great pick! Congrats.
  • TMarieInOHTMarieInOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's funny that you tried it on!

I was so surprised at how much differently it looked with the proper undergarments under it, and the straps removed. Everytime we added a broach, or a beaded patch, or belt it completely transformed the look of the dress.

I am so excited! It will fit it perfectly with the feel I was hoping to create at our wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards