Favors
Options

Tulip bulbs as favors

Okay, I've ordered 200 tulip bulbs as favors. I'm also someone who is a plant lover and have tulips planted in my flower beds...but how big is that dang bulb going to be???

What size tulle favor bags should I order???

3x4

or

4x6

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/sachetbags.html
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tulip bulbs as favors

• Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So a person is getting 1, 2 if they have a date, bulb to plant in their yard?  What if the person doesn't have a yard?  Do you know what bulbs look like?  They are kinda ugly.  It's a cute idea in theory, and if people don't take them you can put them in your own yard or plant them near a nursing home or do some sort of community service project, but I think you should put them in maybe a chinese food take out style box.  Ugly bulbs through a tulle sack just seems a little icky.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...good point about how the bulbs will look in the tulle bags. I'll have to think about that. The extras are going to be planted in my flower beds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    id get at least a 4x6...i found out they are a lot smaller than you may think.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dang, I wish I would have thought of this! This is amazing, love it. I would be the person grabbing the extras off the tables to take home :)
    I am a dahlia person, that would have been perfect!

I like the chinese takeout box with some tissue paper or tissue shred things in the bottom.

Score one for a perfect idea.

If you wanted you could put some hokey saying about tulips/two lips.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards