Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Time Thread

Re: Night Time Thread

• Well that's good that regardless of the weather everyone will be able to make it. And I'm amazed by people who live so close to all of their family and friends. It makes me kind of jealous. Everyone has always been so spread out for me and it's kind of a bummer.
  • I'm just glad that I can be gone for 8+ months and still recognize everyone on the board.  It's like coming home from school when I'm able to pop over here.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Tide!  You make pretty babies.
  • thank you for all the snow vibes. :) Anna, I've always been pretty close to my family. When I moved into this townhouse this summer it was the farthest I've lived from my parents (40 min). J's family is another 40 min into WI from us so we are kind of in the middle. Our venue is right downtown in the cities so the farthest drive will only be like an hour and 15 min.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:b120204e-5033-455f-af7d-25c99f5cbf85">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well that's good that regardless of the weather everyone will be able to make it. And I'm amazed by people who live so close to all of their family and friends. It makes me kind of jealous. Everyone has always been so spread out for me and it's kind of a bummer.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

99% of our guest list was OOT. I totally get you. If we had the money we'd probably be in Europe with you and your H this Christmas. I don't play the, "we went here last year, so we HAVE to go here this year." I'll see them throughout the year. It does suck though. Lucas hasn't been home to TX in almost three years.

Edited: 99%, not 995. We did not have over 1,000 people invited to our vow renewal. Promise.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:372053cc-ee66-43b2-bd65-e68043316a1f">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tide!  You make pretty babies.
    Posted by kcscejal[/QUOTE]

Thank you, KCS!

They're all pretty awesome, IMO.
  • Wow, three years MK? That's crazy. I'm lucky that I get to go home a few times a year. I still wish I could see everyone, especially my little brother, more. But I also know my family might drive me crazy if I was actually close so I just try to focus on that when I'm lonely.
  • I'm kinda sad that I'm not going home for Christmas. I just don't want to take vacation and it would turn into such a whirlwind trip without that to drive up and do holiday and come right back.  not relaxing at all.

Hi Tide!  Miss you lady!
  • I probably am too reliant on my family but I think if I moved really far away I'd really be sad about it. J and I both agreed to stay close to our families when we build our roots because we both love being able to see our families a lot. I am super close to my mom and brothers. I'm getting serious anxiety thinking about how my senior in HS brother is gonna be far away from me next fall. :(
  • Musical, does he know where he's going to school already?
  • As a military brat I've never really lived near my family and friends either.  Now I'm about 2.5 hours from my parents, so we live pretty close, but I think eventually we'll live further away.
  • Mica, I just sent you an email <3
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:99441446-28d8-43ec-b9f6-f8ba1dcdb260">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musical, does he know where he's going to school already?

No not yet, but the only school he applied to that is the closest to us is still about 2.5 hours away. So not like he'd be coming home TOO much anyway. I hang out with my brothers almost every weekend, and we have gotten really close ever since J came into my life. Which I totally love.
  • Hey guys!  I'm staying up past my bed time tonight since I don't have to work tomorrow.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Yeah Anna - my dad and I get along better when we're a few hundred miles apart.  I talk to him a few times a week though.  I call on my way home from work a couple of days.  I'm going up in January for my grandpa's b-day.  That will be nice.
  • Hi ladies,

I will also be KUI as well this evening.  Generally, if I'm chatting in the evening, its because I'm KUI.  When completely sober I generally get too shy to post a whole lot.

Somehow at work, that is completely different though. 

What's everyone's drink of choice?

I'm drinking cheap moscato from Trader Joes.
  • FEZZ! 

How are you feeling?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:756e1661-2e2a-472a-bf82-b1a647c80b3b">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I probably am too reliant on my family but I think if I moved really far away I'd really be sad about it. J and I both agreed to stay close to our families when we build our roots because we both love being able to see our families a lot. I am super close to my mom and brothers. I'm getting serious anxiety thinking about how my senior in HS brother is gonna be far away from me next fall. :(
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad I moved away from home at 18. Makes it much easier to be away from the family. It's hard sometimes. I <3 my dad so much and miss seeing him all the time, but I love my life and wouldn't change it.

I think it's great when families stick to one place, but Cleveland was no place for me. Lucas joined the Navy and never moved home. Anna the last time we were in TX was for his sister's wedding in March 2009. We've seen his parents a bunc hsince then, and his sister lives in Hampton near us, so it's not like he hasn't seen family all this time. I did tell him that 2012 was they year of texas though. We've got to get down there.
  • I'm drinking Crown. Which isn't helping me get rid of the beer in the fridge. Oh well.
  • Since I'm talking up my brothers, I will AW this picture that I love love LOVE of J and I, with my brothers. My friend took it when we had our E-pics done:

I just love my boys. <3
  • I live an hour from my parents. I see them less now than when I was in college 10 hours away. We are weird like that. It's kind of sad but whatever.

I try to see my grandmother at least once a month. She lives 10 minutes away and I call her every week. I'm her favorite.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • But Anna, if you don't finish all the beer, then you get to come home to beer!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:b2a2fb9b-37c6-41f1-9b94-4ebd2332ec4d">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm drinking Crown. Which isn't helping me get rid of the beer in the fridge. Oh well.

And this is why I heart you. Hard.
  • It's my brother's 10th birthday today. I can't believe he's so old!

I'm going to freak out when he's taller than me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:66e06e91-040d-40cd-a4df-1e17e5d02cf4Post:efb7f1b8-1f07-401f-aefc-6b4653268d24">Re: Night Time Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time Thread : I'm so glad I moved away from home at 18. Makes it much easier to be away from the family. It's hard sometimes. I <3 my dad so much and miss seeing him all the time, but I love my life and wouldn't change it. I think it's great when families stick to one place, but Cleveland was no place for me. Lucas joined the Navy and never moved home. Anna the last time we were in TX was for his sister's wedding in March 2009. We've seen his parents a bunc hsince then, and his sister lives in Hampton near us, so it's not like he hasn't seen family all this time. I did tell him that 2012 was they year of texas though. We've got to get down there.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if I had gone to a school away from home, I'd probably feel differently. I actually got closer to my mom and brothers since college began. I only lived at home once after college started (for my senior year) but always lived close enough to visit easily. I love the area I live though. Even as much as I (normally, with right now being the exception hah) hate snow, I just love this place. 
  • FI and I are going to my hometown tomorrow, where there should be snow (after tonight). Unreasonably excited.  I finished finals today at 6pm and was really excited.  FI and I just had mini christmas here and he liked what I let him open :)
  • Aww MuSu that's awesome. I'm not super close to my siblings. That may contribute to the not really missing being home a lot.
  • OMG Anna what a cutie!
  • So, uh... we're still living with my dad, and his *new* Ukranian wife, as the repairs to our house are dragging out due to incompetence on the part of our insurance agent(cy).

Sohelpmegodthesepeoplebettergetourhousefixedsoon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards