Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge.

Re: I judge.

• Mental math isn't my strong suit, but the more I've cashiered the better I have gotten over the years. But I can relate to people who aren't mathematically inclined.

As a customer, I would rather my cashier stop and do the math on paper and get my change right than to be shorted $10.
  • I don't see how its rude to not want to be bothered. There are some days when you don't need or want social interaction. If you work at a store, your job is to help people who need help. How is it rude to not need help when you are shopping?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:3ec7bf68-2bcc-4a96-844d-2969210965a0">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge the girl who flicked me off yesterday while I was driving.  She was a pedestrian who was technically jaywalking (like 15 feet from the actual crosswalk at the intersection) and then was pissed when I didn't see her and let her cross in front of me.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

In my province you have to stop for people.  Cross walk or not.  Pedestrians always have the right of way.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I judge my mom (yes, my own mother) for pulling H aside at the wedding to explain that the groom's cake was her idea and not mine as the DJ announced when it was brought out. I was standing right there. And there is a picture of the 3 of us at this exact moment and I can see the look of disgust on H's face. (we just got our pics back yesterday and had to relive this moment)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:59259a84-2bc5-4247-a6cb-2cbd7c543c1a">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : dude, I don't actualy SAY that. I do have a verbal filter. I usually say, "no thank you" like my mama raised me to. and no, I don't get irritated when I can't find salespeople immediately, like when I need to check out or need a dressing room. I'm a patient person and know that people are working and can't get to me right away. but thanks for the assuming off the bat that I'm a rude person.
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]
    Marvelous overreaction.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • edited May 2010
    but so what if I am wearing the earbuds while shopping? how is that rude? I'm not disturbing you or making your job harder. I'm just browsing the store, minding my own business. my sister worked retail as well, and she said she didn't care if someone was wearing earbuds in the store, it just meant that they didn't want to be bothered.

I dunno, I guess my expectation is a little high... I expect salespeople to know that if I need help, I'll ask for it. I'm an adult capable of finding my own jeans. so I actually feel insulted when salespeople come and ask me if I need help.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • They do have some diapers that are better than others 7th Generation makes some pretty good diapers, but, they're not perfect.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Diapers

A lot of parents are actually moving towards cloth diapers. They're pretty user friendly and can be more eco-friendly. If you use a diaper service, they use a LOT of chemicals to clean the diaper and a ton of water. In terms of "greenness" it can be a wash, depending on your perspective. This is just what I've heard though!

FWIW, I use disposable. The "green" diapers are pretty pricey.

I judge the people that turn their blinkers on, move across a lane on the highway, and then forget to turn their blinker off. I hate when people do that!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:c920f659-a937-4fd1-8323-1ac85a8bb184">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : I'm also pretty sure she would be found at fault in that case. Or the insurance wouldn't look upon it kindly, in any case.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Probably. And to answer tide... yes, it's stupid. It's not like I drive around with a death wish and attempt to get myself rear ended all the time. I guess I didn't specify... I've done this maybe twice. Because someone was <strong>really</strong> getting on my nerves.
  • I do judge the girl on chitchat right now talking about her difficult mother to be.  I also judge my FI for really sucking at getting our pre-maritial counseling homework done and for not being very helpful with moving!

I judge myself for being gross and probably going to the cubs game tonight pre-shower.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:a6baf309-f352-4e0d-80e5-9e64aff537bd">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't see how its rude to not want to be bothered. <strong>There are some days when you don't need or want social interaction.</strong> If you work at a store, your job is to help people who need help. How is it rude to not need help when you are shopping?
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    Then stay home on those days. Or know that when you go out shopping, someone might wanna do their job and see if you need help and deal accordingly. The world shouldn't bend to anyone's mood.
  • As someone who worked in retail, I didn't necessarily find it rude if people were on their cellphones or using earbuds---its when they wanted help, and they wouldn't either pull the earplugs out or hang up their phone.

That was such a pet peeve.  Usually I ignored them until they were off their phone and if they commented, I would say "I'm sorry, I thought you were talking on the phone."  Which I know doesn't make me much better, but you get tired of that same old crap.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:f7b7896a-4720-4e85-b93c-be330cd094b6">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]They do have some diapers that are better than others 7th Generation makes some pretty good diapers, but, they're not perfect. <a href="http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Diapers" rel="nofollow">http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Diapers</a> A lot of parents are actually moving towards cloth diapers. They're pretty user friendly and can be more eco-friendly. If you use a diaper service, they use a LOT of chemicals to clean the diaper and a ton of water. In terms of "greenness" it can be a wash, depending on your perspective. This is just what I've heard though! FWIW, I use disposable. The "green" diapers are pretty pricey. I<strong> judge the people that turn their blinkers on, move across a lane on the highway, and then forget to turn their blinker off. I hate when people do that!
    </strong>Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]

Or how about when they put their blinker on and then take a full minute and a half to inch over into the other lane? If you are really that afraid/over cautious while driving you are going to get in an accident quicker because some one is not going to take your blinker seriously.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:beb5d436-8a36-4195-bec5-61b01e858db6">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As someone who worked in retail, I didn't necessarily find it rude if people were on their cellphones or using earbuds---<strong>its when they wanted help, and they wouldn't either pull the earplugs out or hang up their phone. </strong>That was such a pet peeve.  Usually I ignored them until they were off their phone and if they commented, I would say "I'm sorry, I thought you were talking on the phone."  Which I know doesn't make me much better, but you get tired of that same old crap.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:60e35a50-53da-4671-8155-9bf1c885ddc8">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : In my province you have to stop for people.  Cross walk or not.  Pedestrians always have the right of way.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

I believe that might be the case here, but I seriously was turning and didn't see her until I was there.  I really would usually stop, though.  I waved and said "Sorry".  Obviously she took that to be me being mean and flicked me off.

I don't think she'd been having a very nice day/week/month/year/life.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:f7cd737c-747e-4c5e-9cac-242d02d084e2">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : Or how about when they put their blinker on and then take a full minute and a half to inch over into the other lane? If you are really that afraid/over cautious while driving you are going to get in an accident quicker because some one is not going to take your blinker seriously.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

That's even worse! I see people do that a lot on 93!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:0ca844f5-0e09-4d19-86b0-5032c9f1185b">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge cashiers who don't understand how to make change. If something is $6.77 and I give you $7.07 is is obviously because I just want my straight 30 cents back instead of a bunch of pennies AND I probably have change of my own to get rid of. I literally have had people try to hand me my 7 cents back over and over OR call a manager like I was being difficult some how to help them figure it out.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I judge people who do this.  Not mess up the change, I judge the people giving 7.07 instead of just 7 bucks even.  I used to wait tables and its so irritating.  Just deal with the friggin pennies people. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:3ec7bf68-2bcc-4a96-844d-2969210965a0">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge the girl who flicked me off yesterday while I was driving.  She was a pedestrian who was technically jaywalking (like 15 feet from the actual crosswalk at the intersection) and then was pissed when I didn't see her and let her cross in front of me.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

She'd not do well in Manhattan. Or, you know, most cities where pedestrians dodge cars, rather than waiting for them to stop just for them. Actually, I had never seen that happen until I moved to LA. Cras FREAK if you cross the street and stop for you. Of corse, jaywalking is also illegal and fine-able here.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Shelly, the only green way is cloth diapers. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:beb5d436-8a36-4195-bec5-61b01e858db6">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As someone who worked in retail, I didn't necessarily find it rude if people were on their cellphones or using earbuds--<strong>-its when they wanted help, and they wouldn't either pull the earplugs out or hang up their phone.</strong> That was such a pet peeve.  Usually I ignored them until they were off their phone and if they commented, I would say "I'm sorry, I thought you were talking on the phone."  Which I know doesn't make me much better, but you get tired of that same old crap.
    yes, that is rude. I always pause the music and remove the earbuds when asking for help.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • I judge my supervisor who still hasn't done our evaulations, its been a month, you've have 15 people come in for hockey related stuff (which has nothing to do with our agency), you've stood at my desk for more than an hour last week alone.. There are only 3 of us, it should take you 5-10 minutes each.. Seriously.. I want my raise!
    image Married and Junk.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:beb5d436-8a36-4195-bec5-61b01e858db6">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As someone who worked in retail, I didn't necessarily find it rude if people were on their cellphones or using earbuds---its when they wanted help, and they wouldn't either pull the earplugs out or hang up their phone. That was such a pet peeve.  Usually I ignored them until they were off their phone and if they commented, I would say <strong>"I'm sorry, I thought you were talking on the phone."</strong>  Which I know doesn't make me much better, but you get tired of that same old crap.

I worked in apt. management and had someone come into the office to pay rent while on their phone. We had a sign outside the door that said No Cell Phones. I ignored her until she said something along the lines of "Can I get some help around here?" I told her I thought she was on the phone (because she was) and she got all pissy at me. Then I told her about the sign, which said she didn't see. Yeah? Because you were on your phone!
  • I judge the douchebag that hit my parked car and didn't have the balls to leave me a note.  Thanks to you, either I have to report this to my insurance and pay a deductible (and my rates will probably go up), or I will have to pay for this out of pocket. 

Hopefully your phone call/Starbucks/whatever was more important than driving wasn't interrupted by my car jumping out in front of you, leaving you no option but to hit my fender.  I apologize for being so inconsiderate and ruining your day..........assface

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:f8551014-5aef-4ad2-bee6-51b2fa4558ab">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : I judge people who do this.  Not mess up the change, I judge the people giving 7.07 instead of just 7 bucks even.  I used to wait tables and its so irritating.  Just deal with the friggin pennies people. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

I judge pennies. They are so unnecessary and I hate them. Judge away but I absolutely give the customer the right to pay as they wish.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:432b7a8b-2372-4424-afcd-38d03f522e86">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : She'd not do well in Manhattan. Or, you know, most cities where pedestrians dodge cars, rather than waiting for them to stop just for them. Actually, I had never seen that happen until I moved to LA. Cras FREAK if you cross the street and stop for you. Of corse, jaywalking is also illegal and fine-able here.

Seriously, have you heard about the Boston drivers??  I wouldn't trust them with my life. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:c5831991-4e22-4784-ad8a-b0cfdd12dc5d">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shelly, the only green way is cloth diapers. 
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

Cloth diapers aren't all that green either.  If you use a service, they use gas to pick them up and chemicals to clean them. 

Washing them yourself is the best way, but you are still using electricity and most likely chemicals to clean them. 

Diapers are just bad all around. 

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:11963fc8-a33f-490a-a318-be9ba8f2ba80">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, diapers take years and years to break down. wow, I did not know that.  You'd think with all the green stuff coming out, someone would have invented it by now.

They're called cloth diapers. :-)

If someone is THAT worried about their diapers' impact on the environment, I would imagine they would just go cloth rather than biodegradable. Cloth would also cost less in the long run.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:c86532d3-c78f-4252-8de4-c8602a2d5590">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge. : They're called cloth diapers. :-) If someone is THAT worried about their diapers' impact on the environment, I would imagine they would just go cloth rather than biodegradable. Cloth would also cost less in the long run.

Some people go diaper-free. Supposedly you can learn how to tell when the baby is about to go.
    Anniversary
  • I judge lawmakers who pass ordinances that pedestrians always have the right of way.  That seems extremely dangerous to me, as the liability isn't always with the driver.

On a similar note, I judge jaywalkers who walk out into the middle of the road looking the OPPOSITE direction to traffic.  Learn to cross a street people!
  • I think that giving cashiers weirdo amounts of money to mess with them is really mean and immature.  They're just trying to do their jobs, why is that necessary?

I judge people who smoke in public.   I live in a city where literally no one smokes, so when you come across that one jerk that thinks its ok to smoke on an outdoor resturaunt patio just because its open air, it makes you want to stick a fork through his eye.  Thanks for ruining all of our lunches, friend.    We hate smoking here.

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:85abee81-94c7-44fd-bb28-7698b89c9620Post:c5b641b1-6049-4f04-8823-fc899fd73538">Re: I judge.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly a lot of people don't have options when it comes to jobs.  <strong>Do you really think a ton of people are saying, "I want to be a cashier?"  Maybe cashier was all that person could get.</strong>  I mean, they do have machines to calculate the change for them.
    Posted by LeapYearGroom[/QUOTE]
    That's still not an excuse to not be able to do part of your job, which is to figure up change. Also, lovely giant inner bride sig, there groom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards