Wedding Party

4 Bridesmaids... And no groomsmen!?!

My future husband has no interest in having groomsmen for our upcoming beach wedding. I have 4 girls that are very important to me and I can't imagine not having them a part of my bridal party. So what do I do? Should I have them walk down then just sit on the front row so it doesn't look awkward?? I would love any ideas!!

Re: 4 Bridesmaids... And no groomsmen!?!

• It's fine for you to have bridesmaids and for him not to have groomsmen.  The sides don't have to be even.  My fiance is having 5 groomsmen and I am having 4 bridesmaids.
  • Even sides is something the wedding industry plays up to be more important than it is. It won't look awkward. If you do want them to sit down, that is an option though.
  • It's reallly NBD- they can walk with each other down the aisle and just stand next to you.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You can always have two of your girls stand next to your hubby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • While I think uneven sides are NBD I think 4 and 0 would look a little silly.  For that reason I'd have them sit
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_4-bridesmaids-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9cb24bd2-4153-4a4b-a963-267af2626993Post:0507631e-43c9-4779-802d-e943058b348f">Re: 4 Bridesmaids... And no groomsmen!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]While I think uneven sides are NBD I think 4 and 0 would look a little silly.  For that reason I'd have them sit
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.
  • Does he have 1 person he can ask? A brother? A best friend? I think uneven sides are PERFECTLY fine, but 4 vs 0 is a little odd. I think 4 and 1 would be okay though. If he really insists on having zero, maybe don't have a wedding party? Those girls can still get ready with you and you could always give them a corsage to wear at the wedding so they know they are special friends :)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_4-bridesmaids-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9cb24bd2-4153-4a4b-a963-267af2626993Post:0507631e-43c9-4779-802d-e943058b348f">Re: 4 Bridesmaids... And no groomsmen!?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]While I think uneven sides are NBD I think 4 and 0 would look a little silly.  For that reason I'd have them sit
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

I agree, I think it would look strange, but then I like asymmetry. So if it was me I would have them sit.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards