Ohio-Toledo

I'm going to be the best RSVPer ever.

Mostly because of how frustrating it's been getting them back. First of all, why do people assume that it's okay to not respond by the response date? Seriously, my RSVP date was May 1. It just drives me crazy. And people who I know are coming were some of the ones not sending their's in! Grawr!!

And then there's this whole business of a plus one. We purposely did not have a plus one line on our invitations. In spite of this, we had one couple tell us they were bringing their two daughters (who were not invited), and I've had several people just assume that they're allowed to bring their boyfriend/girlfriend! I mean, it's not a HUGE deal because we've had so many people decline. But still. It's just rude to assume that you can bring someone else when the invitation is only addressed to you. I'm so annoyed with people right now.

Also, it sucks that a lot of the people I really wanted to come can't. And a lot of people I don't really care about are going to be there. Go figure.

Re: I'm going to be the best RSVPer ever.

• Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_im-going-rsvper-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:80bbad70-44ed-4792-ba9c-c0e9b0d0821aPost:3f99510d-08ae-4fa7-9042-6042881e6079">I'm going to be the best RSVPer ever.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, it sucks that a lot of the people I really wanted to come can't. And a lot of people I don't really care about are going to be there. Go figure.
    Posted by literarymuse[/QUOTE]
    Same here. All of FI's family's friends are coming. Neither of us cares. Some good friends of ours are going to be in Italy though and another couple I don't think is coming either :(

"I'm going to be the best RSVPer ever."
    Seriously--I've received 4 wedding invitations since we sent ours out, and responded to all 4 within two days!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • edited December 2011
    Me too!  I have to start contacting people today and I hate the thought of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh! I am not looking forward to this part! Our wedding is October 1st so I have some time before I have to worry about RSVPs...  but everyone has said it is a pain in the ass!
    Good luck to you!
  • akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not looking forward to this part either. We've already had people verbally invite themselves to the wedding and its caught me so off gaurd I don't even know what to say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah... Several people were polite enough to actually ask if they could bring someone. We allowed a couple, but only because they weren't really going to know other people/the people they know are sitting at the head table. However, I had one of the girls from my bible study at school ask if she could bring her MOM because she didn't want to have to drive all that way by herself. She lives like... two hours away. And she's 23 years old. I told her there was no way.

Why are people so annoying??
  • edited December 2011

I am the best RSVPer ever now too!  I mail those things back the day we get them or the next day.  Why people take so long to do it or think the stamped envelope w/card is just for show I don't know.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well my drunk neighbor invited himself... and he said he was going to stand up and say to everyone why we SHOULDNT get married. He was just joking but all I could think was "how inappropriate."  Ugh people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • literarymuseliterarymuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Akirken - you're still over a year away, so there's absolutely no reason to invite him, especially if you're not particularly close.
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contacting the people that didn't RSVP was something that I dreaded, especially since we invited 350 people.....but I got lucky cause that is something my wedding coordinator offered in her "day of" package.  It was much easier that way cause people would just give her a "yes" or "no" answer instead of me calling and everyone wanting to ask me about my wedding details. 

But yes, after getting married, I vow to always respond when I am invited to an event...especially a wedding.
  • jkurczewskijkurczewski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally feel you. It blows my mind. Our wedding is 6/24, and our RSVP date was 5/20. We mailed out around 80 invites (totaling around 180 people invited with guests + families). On our RSVP date, we still hadn't received back 30 invites! Including multiple people in our wedding party!! We made our RSVP date so early because we had a feeling we were going to have issues.  A few people sent theirs late, but we had to contact so many people, and it was seriously like pulling teeth! On 6/10, we had to have a guarantee of guests & their meal choices. The last couple weeks before that were spent calling people... only to leave voicemails and never get called back. Eventually, in the end, we finally got a hold of everyone except for one of my mom's friends and her husband. Which was really weird... she had come to my shower back on 4/30 and we haven't heard anything since. My mom tried calling, I tried calling... nothing. Ughhh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards