Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Brunch reception

Had anyone attended a brunch reception? What did you think about it? What was on the menu? Brides who had a brunch reception what catering did you use? I am really liking the idea of a brunch reception but I am getting mixed feedback and am having troupe finding a Dallas caterer" thanks for all help!

Re: Brunch reception

• We have at least one or two current Knotties who are doing it and I remember one in the past--all of which had hotel weddings.  I also had a hotel wedding and I also considered it.  I think they are lovely and low key, and if you want to keep the party going, you can do an after-party that night.  In the end, DH preferred the idea of the typical Saturday night party so that's what we had, but I am always jealous of brunch receptions when I see them!

Hotel weddings seem to be where you typically see them.  Hopefully the others who are actually doing it will chime in.
  • I think it's a great idea and it keeps the cost down and who doesnt love brunch!! :)
  • We are having a brunch wedding at the Melrose Hotel in uptown.  We are saving a LOT of money (I think the food and bev minimum is about half what it would be for a dinner reception).  Our ceremony will probably be at 10:30 and the reception will begin immediately after (across the street).

Our menu is not set by any means, but it will probably look something like this: eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, asparagus, fruit display, danish display, carving station with ham, omelet station, waffle station, maybe a salad station, and probably one other station with a lunch-like dish.  We'll serve coffee, juices, mimosas, and bloody mary's (which is also a big money saver).  And wedding cake of course.

It is a little bit more difficult to find caterers for brunches, but the hotels and all-inclusive venues can certainly accommodate a brunch.  Is there somewhere in particular you were interested?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yeah, forgot to add:  most everyone I talk to thinks the brunch reception is a really awesome idea (particularly vendors).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_brunch-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:da233921-d4fb-4646-a822-8d6d0b6e0fdaPost:e6f63841-ec44-49c0-8e5b-1d1d4ebefabe">Re: Brunch reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a brunch wedding at the Melrose Hotel in uptown.  We are saving a LOT of money (I think the food and bev minimum is about half what it would be for a dinner reception).  Our ceremony will probably be at 10:30 and the reception will begin immediately after (across the street). Our menu is not set by any means, but it will probably look something like this: eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, asparagus, fruit display, danish display, carving station with ham, omelet station, waffle station, maybe a salad station, and probably one other station with a lunch-like dish.  We'll serve coffee, juices, mimosas, and bloody mary's (which is also a big money saver).  And wedding cake of course. It is a little bit more difficult to find caterers for brunches, but the hotels and all-inclusive venues can certainly accommodate a brunch.  Is there somewhere in particular you were interested?
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

I am lookling in the Plano/Allen area. I am in these prelim stages of planning and making decisions. My ceremony is going to be at a plano church and I was thinking a rustic/barn setting for the reception. I like coral barell and d ranch thus far. the money saving aspect is a HUGE plus for us as we are on a strict budget.

Are you planning on an after party?
  • No after party.  I think it either would risk being construed as a tiered reception (if only certain guests were invited to both) or would be just as expensive as an evening reception (if everyone invited to both).  I think we will probably hang out in our suite with our BP, but no "party."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_brunch-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:da233921-d4fb-4646-a822-8d6d0b6e0fdaPost:dadbd69d-3958-4de1-a412-c2810effb6e0">Re: Brunch reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brunch reception : I am lookling in the Plano/Allen area. I am in these prelim stages of planning and making decisions. My ceremony is going to be at a plano church and I was thinking a rustic/barn setting for the reception. I like coral barell and d ranch thus far. the money saving aspect is a HUGE plus for us as we are on a strict budget. <strong>Are you planning on an after party?</strong>
    Posted by Leberius[/QUOTE]

<div>I wouldn't worry about this too much.  There were two afterparties after our reception and we had no hand in either of them.  If your friends and family want to keep the party going, they'll find a way.  =)</div><div>
    </div><div>If you're looking at Plano, you might check with some of the places that do breakfast in the downtown area.  15th Street Cafe does AMAZING breakfasts.  I don't know if they have the capacity to cater, but it can't hurt to ask.</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_brunch-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:da233921-d4fb-4646-a822-8d6d0b6e0fdaPost:daf76c90-7681-48b3-8962-8dcf38e3cb1c">Re: Brunch reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brunch reception : I wouldn't worry about this too much.  There were two afterparties after our reception and we had no hand in either of them.  If your friends and family want to keep the party going, they'll find a way.  =) If you're looking at Plano, you might check with some of the places that do breakfast in the downtown area.  15th Street Cafe does AMAZING breakfasts.  I don't know if they have the capacity to cater, but it can't hurt to ask.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

That's a good point . . . . I think I am just going to focus on the ceremony and reception and let guests plan what they want :) I looked up 15th street cafe and it looks amazing! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • I'm having a brunch reception and am currently going through the process of chosing a menu/caterer.  All of the caterers I've contacted have been able to accommodate a brunch reception.  In case you're still having trouble finding someone, I've been in contact with Two Sisters Catering, Gil's Elegant Catering, and CRO Catering.
  • LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the brunch idea!!!!
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards