Not Engaged Yet

Hi Ladies!

My name is Krystal, and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to the board after a looonnnggg time of lurking around the community and finally coming across a board with some ladies that seem to match my quirky, crazy, sometimes-too-blunt but still very friendly personality. I look forward to getting to know you lovely bunch.

How is everyone's turkey day? I live in the Bahamas, and Thanksgiving isn't 'technically' a holiday here, so I have to live vicariously through you guys lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi Ladies!

• Hi, welcome! Tell us more about yourself. Do you like to read? Favorite alcoholic beverage?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Here's a short cut for everyone:
    "Screen Name: Krayziekris
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: Reservations agent at a beach resort in the Bahamas
    What SO Does: On-air personality for a local radio station
    State of Relationship: Not engaged yet, but he's already bought the ring (he probably should have closed that browser window lol!)
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year
    How You Met: We were in the same class from 7th grade until we graduated high school in 2000, and remained really close friends until that night one year ago when we realized that we were destined for so much more
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): not engaged yet
    Real Babies: I have 2 from a previous relationship: my 7 yo son Emery, and my 3 yo daughter Taniya 
    Fur Babies: None yet, but I'm working on SO!
    Loves: the beach, technology, the occasional silence i get when I'n taking a shower/bath, weekend mixology with my SO
    Hates: clowns, know-it-alls
    Pet Peeves: Repetitiveness - i hate when the same thing is said over and over
    Hobbies/Activities: I am an amazing internet surfer. I've got mad skills 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: OMG where to start.... he is AMAZING with my children. He's an absolute natural when it comes to being a father, even though he doesn't have any kids of his own. Sometimes I look at them together and think to myself that he's better at this than I am!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he snores in my ear at night lol!
    Describe Your Personality: I've been known as the crazy one out of all of my friends because I do what it takes to get a laugh out of them
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2-3 on a good day; about 8 on a bad one 
    I've Been On TK Since: for several years
    How You Came to Be On TK: I joined to assist a friend of mine with her wedding years ago, and loved to come here and get ideas when I was in my previous relationship that was heading towards marriage before completely going south. I still visited every few months to lurk on the boards, but now I finally have a legitimate reason to introduce myself and get to know you guys :)
    How I like my potatoes: OMG any way imaginable! Mashed, scalloped, chips, fries, baked, loaded with bacon and cheddar... I can go on and on
    Favorite book/author: Stephen King since I was about 13, and now recently James Patterson
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am such a geek, even though most people don't think I am when they meet me. But I studied computer programming in college, been repairing pcs since I was 15, networking homes and small businesses since I was 19 and repairing cellphones since I was 24. So yeah...very geeky. However, I also modeled and drag raced in college, so I'm a geek with an edge lol"

Anyway, welcome to the board! I ate way to much since my family and bf's family both got together and got to meet eachother this turkey day!

What's your favorite book?
    What's your favorite dessert?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello welcome to the board!!!!!

I cooked my first thanksgiving meal yesterday, it went alright, didn't burn anything! 

Have you lived in the Bahamas your whole life or did you move there?  If you could live anywhere else, where would you?  Do you like to travel?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Hi there & welcome! 

I am SO jealous of where you live. I've been there 3x on vacation and loved each trip more than the last! 

What toppings do you like on your pizza?
    Best trip you've ever taken?
    Last movie you saw in the theater?

• Hi and welcome!
    I love where you live, BF & I go down there every March as his family has a timeshare down there.  It is always such a good time.

All of the questions I usually ask have been taken, but welcome!

Anniversary

• Wow thanks for all of the greetings, and I love all of these random questions lol! To answer all of them: 
    I love to read, whenever the kids give me a minute to myself. This is no easy task when your kids are 3 and 7 Tongue Out I grew up on Stephen King but recently fell in love with James Patterson after reading Cat & Mouse recently. 

I have a few favorite alcoholic beverages. Coconut rum is a staple at my house and I make a mean bbq sauce with it lol! I prefer moscato wine on mellow nights and the occasional moments I get to soak in a bubble bath, and disaronno and cranberry juice has special meaning to me because thats what SO and I were drinking the night we realized we were made for each other (insert 'awwwwww' here). 

My favorite book would have to be the first SK book that got me hooked on reading when I was a child: Pet Sematary. Kinda morbid for a kid I guess, but I was never considered normal lol!

My fave dessert would have to be NY style cheese cake. I MUST learn how to make that stuff

I was born and raised here in the Bahamas, in Freeport to be specific, and I also lived in Nassau for about 7 years after college. the only other place I have ever lived is West Palm Beach, FL, where I went to tech school for 18 months.

I would LOOOOVVEEE to live in New York!! I visited for the first time 3 years ago to spend Thanksgiving with a friend's family, and immediately fell in love with Manhattan. I haven't been back since, and I miss it so much. That was definitely one of the best trips I have ever taken. 

I think I would probably eat anything on a pizza. SO hates veggies so we normally get meat lovers, but when he's not around its normally a supreme or veggie for me.

The last movie I saw in the theatre would be Total Recall i think...... yes I'm doing bad I know lol! That's why there's netflixCool

Ok this is getting loooong, so enough about me. Everyone sounds like they had a great Thanksgiving! Anyone going out into that black friday madness??

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-ladies-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a851ffb2-977f-4625-9962-4224f788b194Post:a23c9fbd-86d0-427c-b3f5-383938e4e4a3">Re: Hi Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there & welcome!  I am SO jealous of where you live. <strong>I've been there 3x on vacation and loved each trip more than the last!</strong>  What toppings do you like on your pizza? Best trip you've ever taken? Last movie you saw in the theater?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm always happy to hear that, since I work in hospitality! Which island did you visit??</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-ladies-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a851ffb2-977f-4625-9962-4224f788b194Post:321cbb50-8515-45b3-b357-6b1173e2e883">Re: Hi Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi and welcome! I love where you live, BF & I go down there every March as his family has a timeshare down there.  It is always such a good time. All of the questions I usually ask have been taken, but welcome!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi and thank you!! Which island do you guys go to? I live in one of the lesser populated cities, but I know Nassau is the primary tourist choice</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hiya,

His parents have  a place on Paradise Island. 
    I love Moscato too, it's one of my favorites.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-ladies-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a851ffb2-977f-4625-9962-4224f788b194Post:65ba9398-6414-44b9-8f80-ab25ecb97f2b">Re: Hi Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiya, His parents have  a place on Paradise Island.  I love Moscato too, it's one of my favorites.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div> I miss Paradise Island so much! Its so beautiful there, I spent more time at work than at home.</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi  :)

I'm super jealous you live down there.  I used to work at a marine lab in FL, and I tried to get my boss to take me down to the Bimini lab, but he wasn't having any of it.  So, I've never been :(  BF's been on a few cruises, and I keep trying to convince him that we need to go to one of the islands for a vacation, but so far, no dice.

Please to share your coconut rum BBQ sauce recipe?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-ladies-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a851ffb2-977f-4625-9962-4224f788b194Post:ecb5f73d-9778-4688-b3db-79186d724c32">Re: Hi Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Ladies! : I'm always happy to hear that, since I work in hospitality! Which island did you visit??
    Posted by krayziekris[/QUOTE]

<div>My first time there I went to Eluthera with my mom. I'll never forget the pink sand, I was amazed by it! </div><div>
    </div><div>The 2nd time,I went to Atlantis on Paradise Island with my aunt and cousins. </div><div>
    </div><div>And the 3rd time was Nassau with 4 of my friends our senior year of high school. That was my last time there and it was a LONG time ago hahaha</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hi-ladies-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a851ffb2-977f-4625-9962-4224f788b194Post:672a228e-47e2-41b5-8f9c-12e550dd7281">Re: Hi Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Ladies! : My first time there I went to Eluthera with my mom. I'll never forget the pink sand, I was amazed by it!  The 2nd time,I went to Atlantis on Paradise Island with my aunt and cousins.  And the 3rd time was Nassau with 4 of my friends our senior year of high school. That was my last time there and it was a LONG time ago hahaha
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I've never been to Eluthera, I've heard it's beautiful I always wanted to see the pink sand.  Ah well, may be some day.

Anniversary

• Hi welcome!

Do you speak any other languages? 
    You have a very cool place to live.  
    Do you have any favorite spots where the tourists never go? 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to Re:Hi Ladies!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Ladies!:In Response to Re: Hi Ladies! : My first time there I went to Eluthera with my mom. I'll never forget the pink sand, I was amazed by it!nbsp; The 2nd time,I went to Atlantis on Paradise Island with my aunt and cousins.nbsp; And the 3rd time was Nassau with 4 of my friends our senior year of high school. That was my last time there and it was a LONG time ago hahahaPosted by rdr716I've never been to Eluthera, I've heard it's beautiful I always wanted to see the pink sand.nbsp; Ah well, may be some day. Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

I've never been to eleuthera either, which is kinda sad since that's where my grandma is from.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Hi Ladies!:[QUOTE]Hi nbsp;:I'm super jealous you live down there. nbsp;I used to work at a marine lab in FL, and I tried to get my boss to take me down to the Bimini lab, but he wasn't having any of it. nbsp;So, I've never been : nbsp;BF's been on a few cruises, and I keep trying to convince him that we need to go to one of the islands for a vacation, but so far, no dice.Please to share your coconut rum BBQ sauce recipe? Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I've made it and tweaked it so many times I just throw everything into the pot and let it simmer. When I make it again which is normally once a week i'll write down my approximate measurements and totally post it for you. But it consists of coconut rum, brown sugar, chilli powder, ketchup, a little cayenne pepper, a tiny squirt of yellow mustard, honey, a little soy sauce and a clove or two of garlic just slightly smashed but left whole. Feel free to experiment with it, but I'll get back to you with amounts :

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Hi Ladies!:[QUOTE]Hi welcome!Do you speak any other languages?nbsp;You have a very cool place to live. nbsp;Do you have any favorite spots where the tourists never go?nbsp; Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

hi ravenray,
    thanks! Living here definitely has it's advantages : Other than English, I only know a little basic Spanish that I remember from high school. I do have a spot though... There's a really cool beach but you have to walk about 15 minutes along this path through the mangroves to get to it. The water is about knee height for at least 3040 feet out and the brightest blue

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards