September 2012 Weddings

Finally, I have found THE dress!!

I am so excited, I have to share the news that I have finally found THE dress. After months of stalking the David's Bridal site and not having much success on my 1st appointment there, yesterday I decided to try again and this time I brought my mom (for personal reasons, I didn't bring her to the 1st appt.). I went in with high hopes but through the middle of it and after trying on dress after dress after dress, I started getting discouraged. Originally I was supposed to pay for the dress myself which meant a very low budget but I guess after seeing my frustration with the limited selection I had within my budget, my mom pulled aside and agreed to help pay for any dress I wanted. She explained that a wedding is a huge event and that she just wants to see me smile and have that glow. We searched through some more dresses and my mom picked a dress that I initially wasn't sure about but decided to entertain her by trying it on. When I saw myself in the mirror, I instantly fell in love. The consultant informed us that the dress was brand new, just arrived in the store that day (it's not even in the catalog or the website yet). All the other cosultants and other brides crowded around to see and compliment, I'm not a big attention person so it was kind of weird but I was flattered. After my mom settled my nerves about the price, I finally said "yes to dress!" and rang the famous David's Bridal bell. I am so happy! Now, I play the waiting game and (im)patiently wait for the dress to arrive.

Here's a pic:
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally, I have found THE dress!!

• Oh me likey!!! it's very elegant! Nice choice and congrats!!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Very pretty, congrats!

And I didn't know DB had a bell they ring? They didn't ring it for me! Haha.
    Anniversary
  • Thank you ladies for sharing in my excitement! Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gorgeous dress, it looks great on you!
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_finally-i-have-found-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:8684d141-d2ae-4576-bb25-2f0ff2577bdaPost:069ebcbd-5d02-4644-8ff3-958b3a21a0bf">Re: Finally, I have found THE dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very pretty, congrats! And I didn't know DB had a bell they ring? They didn't ring it for me! Haha.
    Posted by jessa1228[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Maybe it's just my local David's Bridal, idk. There, when a bride selects a dress, they ask her to make a silent wish & she gets to ring a big gold bell while the other consultants applaud. I guess to make the experience more exciting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on finding your dress!  I found mine yesterday and I was on top of the world!  You look so beautiful in your dress!! :)
    Photobucket
  • its absolutely beautiful!! You look gorgeous in it. And if youre anything like me, you wont get anything done for the rest of the night because you'll be staring at pictures of it all night :)
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_finally-i-have-found-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:8684d141-d2ae-4576-bb25-2f0ff2577bdaPost:9fcb8cfe-20da-49f0-9851-0820515184fd">Re: Finally, I have found THE dress!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]its absolutely beautiful!! You look gorgeous in it. And if youre anything like me, you wont get anything done for the rest of the night because you'll be staring at pictures of it all night :)
    Posted by ekk120[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much. Lmbo! I literally laughed out loud. Omg, I have been constantly going through all da pics we took. My mom thinks I'll start to have regrets (and that's a small worry in the back of my head) but for now, I am so in love. Eventually, I'll stop staring at da pics cuz I don't wanna get too obsessed & lose the magic of it all. It's still funny to me, I thought I was da only one out there doing that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So pretty! It looks great on you!
  • Beautiful dress, I like how it has the one strap. Looks great on you!
    Anniversary
  • It's gorgeous and you look so beautiful in it.  So exciting that your mom is helping you pay for it, too- I know that's a huge load off your back.  It's great that she's doing that so you can wear a dress you love and look amazing in.
  • That dress looks fabulous on you!  So glad that your dress shopping experience went from awful to wonderful!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Huge congratulations! Your dress is beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards