Wedding Party

**Emilyinchile!!!**

I woke up and saw the news about the earthquake!

I'm saying a prayer for you and your family and I hope you're OK.

Re: **Emilyinchile!!!**

• I too hope you're doing okay!
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Me too! I hope you are all well and safe!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sending prayers your way.  Let us know how you and yours are doing! 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I saw about the earthquake as well.  I hope everything is okay for you down there.
  • Just checked her expat-in-Chile blog, says all okay.  WHEW!!!!!!!!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Brooke, thanks for posting that! I saw that on the news and my heart jumped into my throat.

Em, I hope that your friends and family are safe as well!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I know, my husband called this morning and told me about it and she's the first person I thought of!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Thanks Brooke for posting that.  I've been worrying about Emily.  Glad to hear she's okay
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Oh, wow.  I didn't know the Richter scale went that high.  Glad you're okay, Emily!
  • Wow!  We slept in and just heard about this.  Glad to hear you are safe and doing ok! 
  • This is the first I've heard about it, but I'm really glad that you're okay, Emily!
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Thanks for the response Emily!  I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are doing OK.
  • Yes, thanks for the update Em, we all have been worried! Hope everything turns out ok with the venue!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Glad to see you are doing okay Emily! I just found out and jumped on the Knot to see if anyone had heard from you! I'm glad you and your family are safe, and I hope EVERYTHING works out for your wedding!
  • Thanks Emily for reassuring us all.  And oh my.....when beebees start complaining about the days leading up to their wedding....WHAM!! Here comes Emily with the story to top all stories.

Hope all works out well for your FI and the team as well.  (((((((hugs))))))) to you and yours.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_emilyinchile?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ab5b24ea-2b36-4d40-91d3-54fb40cbd92fPost:4bc6c9c2-4824-4e38-ab08-113c8b45d0aa">Re: **Emilyinchile!!!**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Emily for reassuring us all.  And oh my.....when beebees start complaining about the days leading up to their wedding....WHAM!! Here comes Emily with the story to top all stories. Hope all works out well for your FI and the team as well.  (((((((hugs))))))) to you and yours.
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>AMEN TO THAT!</div><div>
    </div><div>So glad you and your family are okay.</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Glad you're ok, and I am happy that this earthquake didn't happen NEXT week.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Oh yes, my new line is "your BM dresses/invitation stuffing night/bachelor party problems can suck it next to the 8.8 earthquake a week before my wedding!" Glad we are all in agreement.

FI drove by the venue earlier and said it looked ok from the outside. MOH tried to rebook her flight, and the next one-stop is for March 7. Obviously that does not work. So she's now booked via Buenos Aires for March 4. If the airport's open by then, we're good to go, and everyone will arrive that day. Fingers crossed...

Also, for anyone who's interested, I just put up a post with more info of how our day has been. It's spazzy and all over the place, but that's kind of how I feel right now. Also really really tired...we slept two 1.5 hour chunks last night, and I have had no nap.
  • Thanks so much for posting Banana! I was worried too. I thought about Emily immediately when I heard about the earthquake, but I was away form my house all day.

Emily, I'm glad you are okay. I hope they make a handball exception for you FI since this was such a big quake. 

(I live in CA too but I haven't lived through anything that bad.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Oh my goodness! i had no idea! I hadn't even heard about it... glad to know you and the family are safe! You are definitely in our prayers... Keep us up to date.
    *marc & catrina*
    *10.9.10*
  • I'm glad you are safe... You were the first person I thought of yesterday, but I did not have interent access to post a thread.  Thanks Banana for starting this.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Meant to post yesterday to say hi, but just as I went to do it my computer froze. It's now back, as is our power after being out for a bit, but water's gone. I'm hoping my dad's hotel has water, I'll find out in a bit. Apparently the problem is that the pumps that get water through the pipes run on electricity, so although the water system itself is fine it isn't working in some parts of Santiago and any of the areas close to the epicenter.

Going to call the venue in a bit to see if we're still getting married there on Saturday!
  • Good luck!! 
  • Glad to hear you're okay, Emily!!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards