Not Engaged Yet

Thursday

Anyone else working today? I wish I had taken this week off. It's dead in the office and the days are dragging.

I can't believe it will be 2013 in less than a week. Any resolutions?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thursday

• Hey Steign!

I'm working. First day back since Friday. It sucks to be working (I also wish I took the whole week off), but it's nice that it feels like Monday and it's already Thursday, plus my boss is out until 1/2 - so that makes things a bit less stressful.

My resolution is to go to the gym at least twice a week. I used to do 3-4 times a week - so twice a week should be easy. Lately, I've hardly gone at all.So much for losing 10lbs before my vacation :-(

What did everyone (who celebrates it) get for Christmas?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hummingbird, my resolution is similiar to yours. I want to lose weight but, my goal is to try and just become healthier and not obsess over the scale like I have been. I rejoined WW online so hopefully that will help me stay accountable. When is your vacation? I think I remember you mentioning it but, I forgot when it is.

I ended up getting 3 new pairs of shoes, a pair of Uggs, red Toms, and these brown boots my Mom got me from Target. I wasn't expecting that. Did you get anything good?

• Yeah, I was going to say "to lose weight" too, but I figure it's better to focus on the actions that will impact that goal - so gym it is! I always tend to eat a LOT healthier when I've been going to the gym anyway, since I never want to feel like all that effort is wasted.

I'm going to Jamaica with BF on 1/16. I am sooooo excited because we'll be staying at an all-inclusive, and I love not having to shell out $ every time I want a drink!

I got a stand mixer from my mom (not Kitchenaid, I'll need to save up for one of those myself!), along with a bunch of other stuff, and from BF I got a Kindle - which I was NOT expecting at all - and a bunch of other things. His big gift to me is a couples cooking class which we'll be taking on 1/31, where we'll be making a French meal and drinking a lot of wine with the instructor and 3 other couples. Apparantly they do all sorts of little games and ask you questions about your relationship and stuff, and I can't BELIEVE he's willing to do this with me! I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Thursday everyone!

I only had Tuesday off for the holiday, and have been working 10 hour days this week.  I have my interview tomorrow and I hope I have enough energy tonight to blow dry out my hair at least for tomorrow!

Fortunately it is slow this week, since a lot of the surgeons are on vacation! 

My new year's resolution is the same-go to the gym.  I just signed up for a membership and was going to Zumba classes hard core at first, then kind of fell off the wayside during the holidays.  Start of the new year, get back to working out at least 3X a week and I'm also going to join WW online to keep me accountable for my food choices.  I did so good this year I lost ~50 lbs, then slacked off, now it's back on the wagon!

Oh and here's a new picture of my dog that we took on Christmas morning:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I am so jealous. You're going to have a blast in Jamaica! Your cooking class also sounds like so much fun. BF mentioned he'd want to do something like that too which really surprised me because he isn't really someone who cooks a lot.

• Our clinic was insane yesterday and is already insane again today. I don't like weeks where we're closed for one day because the patients pile up very quickly.

• steignsteign member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:1a86034f-b6cd-440d-831e-f6354496bc61">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Thursday everyone! I only had Tuesday off for the holiday, and have been working 10 hour days this week.  I have my interview tomorrow and I hope I have enough energy tonight to blow dry out my hair at least for tomorrow! Fortunately it is slow this week, since a lot of the surgeons are on vacation!  My new year's resolution is the same-go to the gym.  I just signed up for a membership and was going to Zumba classes hard core at first, then kind of fell off the wayside during the holidays.  Start of the new year, get back to working out at least 3X a week and<strong> I'm also going to join WW online to keep me accountable for my food choices.  I did so good this year I lost ~50 lbs, </strong>then slacked off, now it's back on the wagon! Oh and here's a new picture of my dog that we took on Christmas morning:
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

That's so awesome! I lost about 25 this year, and need to lose 10-15 more so hopefully WW will help us both.

ETA: Your dog is so cute!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:a56cc027-1c07-4d05-9d5e-73041686f26f">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Steign! I'm working. First day back since Friday. It sucks to be working (I also wish I took the whole week off), but it's nice that it feels like Monday and it's already Thursday, plus my boss is out until 1/2 - so that makes things a bit less stressful. <strong>My resolution is to go to the gym at least twice a week.</strong> I used to do 3-4 times a week - so twice a week should be easy. Lately, I've hardly gone at all.So much for losing 10lbs before my vacation :-( <strong>What did everyone (who celebrates it) get for Christmas?</strong>
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

My resolution is to go three times a week. I'm thinking about getting a personal trainner to help with accountability. I really wish I knew my work schedule for the Spring semester so I could map out a schedule for getting to the gym.

I got a lot of different things for Christmas this year but I think my favorite are my books :). I got this one: <a href="http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Count-Revolution-Betrayal/dp/030738246X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356625345&sr=8-1&keywords=the+black+count" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Count-Revolution-Betrayal/dp/030738246X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356625345&sr=8-1&keywords=the+black+count</a>

I'm so excited to read it because I LOVE the Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers so reading the story of the man who inspired those tales should be such a good read!

And I also got this book:<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Wizardry-Brian-Sibley/dp/0061997811/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356625505&sr=1-2&keywords=the+making+of+harry+potter" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Wizardry-Brian-Sibley/dp/0061997811/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356625505&sr=1-2&keywords=the+making+of+harry+potter</a>

And of course I love HP so I read it right away lol.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:21c01e3e-9966-4625-a85d-67e5eb6509ef">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday : That's so awesome! I lost about 25 this year, and need to lose 10-15 more so hopefully WW will help us both. ETA: Your dog is so cute!
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

I did it a long time ago (before they had an online program) and lost a ton of weight on it.  My BF is getting annoyed because he's gaining weight as well.  I do most of the cooking in the house, so as long as I'm control with that and know how much I'm eating, then I'll be okay.  Also, the more I workout the better I eat.

BTW I love your signature avatar, my life story lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:a56cc027-1c07-4d05-9d5e-73041686f26f">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Steign! I'm working. First day back since Friday. It sucks to be working (I also wish I took the whole week off), but it's nice that it feels like Monday and it's already Thursday, plus my boss is out until 1/2 - so that makes things a bit less stressful. My resolution is to go to the gym at least twice a week. I used to do 3-4 times a week - so twice a week should be easy. Lately, I've hardly gone at all.So much for losing 10lbs before my vacation :-( <strong>What did everyone (who celebrates it) get for Christmas?
    </strong>Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

I didn't even see this Humming!  From BF I got an ipad, bluetooth/wireless speakers, gloves that you can wear and text on a touchscreen phone, bath and body works stuff, the box set of Six Feet Under, perfume, and some small stocking stuffers.  My parents got me a Kitchenaid stand mixer (in pink!!!), a 5 quart roaster, a vacuum sealer system, a gift card to home depot and some kitchen gadgets. 

Also the best gift was just being home with my bf wearing our matching flanner plaid pajamas lol!  I would've traded in all the gifts in the world for that, it was the best day ever!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I am supposed to be working but I came down with a fast case of pneumonia so I'm at home again today.  not sure about work tomorrow...  we'll see.  I have next Mon and Tues off as well.  I made a white bean and veggie and ham crockpot soup that will last me for several days, and H is supplying me with lots of slushes and cold stuff for my throat. 

my grandma got H and I a PS3, so I am watching Netflix (LOST) on it right now and cuddling with one of my pups.  my mom is going to let me borrow her "move" for the PS3 so I can figure out if I want to get one for myself.  I would like to get a Pilates workout game or something.  any suggestions for PS3 workout stuff?

• Grrr, Buddy - I'm jealous of your Kitchenaid! My mom knew that I wanted one of those, but since they're so expensive I think she didn't want to JUST get me that and no other presents - so she found a much cheaper one and bought me a lot of other things too. I'm grateful for it, but I tried making pizza dough last night and it was not strong enough. I think it will be okay for softer doughs but not for anything heavy duty. I make bread dough and pizza dough all the time though, so I really wanted to be able to just turn it on and leave it alone for a few minutes. I thought about returining it and using the $ towards a Kitchenaid, but I made some meringue cookies last night as well, and it handled that just fine - so I decided to keep it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:a3751493-aabd-4ce4-965a-dd91427662b7">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Grrr, Buddy - I'm jealous of your Kitchenaid! My mom knew that I wanted one of those, but since they're so expensive I think she didn't want to JUST get me that and no other presents - so she found a much cheaper one and bought me a lot of other things too. I'm grateful for it, but I tried making pizza dough last night and it was not strong enough. I think it will be okay for softer doughs but not for anything heavy duty. I make bread dough and pizza dough all the time though, so I really wanted to be able to just turn it on and leave it alone for a few minutes. I thought about returining it and using the $ towards a Kitchenaid, but I made some meringue cookies last night as well, and it handled that just fine - so I decided to keep it.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think about making pizza dough in it.  I was just going to use it for cookie dough during the holidays.  I think BF wants to make pasta dough with it, but doesn't want to use it because it's pink. 

I haven't even taken the thing out of the box yet, how sad is that?  I'm just not a baker, I really tried this year, and I'm going to try again next year, but we'll see what heppens next year lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:1547d632-af59-400e-abfc-59a6c4bfa8cf">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am supposed to be working but I came down with a fast case of pneumonia so I'm at home again today.  not sure about work tomorrow...  we'll see.  I have next Mon and Tues off as well.  I made a white bean and veggie and ham crockpot soup that will last me for several days, and H is supplying me with lots of slushes and cold stuff for my throat.  my grandma got H and I a PS3, so I am watching Netflix (LOST) on it right now and cuddling with one of my pups.  my mom is going to let me borrow her "move" for the PS3 so I can figure out if I want to get one for myself.  I would like to get a Pilates workout game or something.  any suggestions for PS3 workout stuff?
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

That soup sounds amazing, and we have some leftover ham too!  Where did you get the recipe, care to share???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-ham-and-bean-soup/

I didn't puree any of it, but I did "chop" all the veggies in a food processor so they thickened it up.  I used a ham hock.  it was delicious!  I didn't have thyme so I used fresh parsley instead.  H thought I should I stuck a chopped jalapeno in there to spice it up, but I like it just so.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:db2bb3b3-95d5-44c8-9815-5e7cf543ad6b">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-ham-and-bean-soup/" rel="nofollow">www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-ham-and-bean-soup/</a> I didn't puree any of it, but I did "chop" all the veggies in a food processor so they thickened it up.  I used a ham hock.  it was delicious!  I didn't have thyme so I used fresh parsley instead.  H thought I should I stuck a chopped jalapeno in there to spice it up, but I like it just so.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

I just pinned it, thanks for the recipe!  I hope you feel better too, there's some weird virus going around here at work, everyone sounds like they're coughing up a lung!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:ad57635a-42ca-4fe2-addf-a572ed32ca46">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday : My resolution is to go three times a week. I'm thinking about getting a personal trainner to help with accountability. I really wish I knew my work schedule for the Spring semester so I could map out a schedule for getting to the gym. I got a lot of different things for Christmas this year but I think my favorite are my books :). I got this one: <a href="http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Count-Revolution-Betrayal/dp/030738246X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356625345&sr=8-1&keywords=the+black+count" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/The-Black-Count-Revolution-Betrayal/dp/030738246X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356625345&sr=8-1&keywords=the+black+count</a> I'm so excited to read it because I LOVE the Count of Monte Cristo and The Three Musketeers so reading the story of the man who inspired those tales should be such a good read! <strong>And I also got this book: <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Wizardry-Brian-Sibley/dp/0061997811/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356625505&sr=1-2&keywords=the+making+of+harry+potter" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Wizardry-Brian-Sibley/dp/0061997811/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356625505&sr=1-2&keywords=the+making+of+harry+potter</a> And of course I love HP so I read it right away lol</strong>.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I got this for my birthday last year and this year I bought it as a gift for my cousin.  I really really really like it.  Did you read the story about Emma's hamster (or was it a guinea pig...)?

Hey all!  I worked yesterday and I'm working again today... but as of 6 o'clock today I am FREE for an entire week.  H and I are heading to Salt Lake City to drink some good beer, eat some good food, and - oh yeah - ski on some amazing snow.  We've had this trip booked since September; I'm soooo excited that it's finally here!
  • I'm working today.  :(

It sucks so bad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:6243424e-3998-4957-bc6f-d57eadc17eed">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm working today.  :( It sucks so bad.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

+1 I'm dying over here.....I can only play cut the rope so many times on my phone.  If I was in my office in the basement I would bring my ipad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Hummingbird- that cooking class sounds amazing!!  I want to do something like that! 

Beth-The Black Count book looks amazing!  I might have to buy it.

I got this pretty black coat, gift cards to go shopping, tickets to see Les Mis!!, and a scrapbook album to fill with memories.  H and I are also going to buy ourselves a tent!  I am excited about it, we can finally go camping and backpacking!  

I also have a resolution to go to the gym this year.  This is a new one for me and I am not that excited about it.  My other new year’s resolution is to find a job for the summer.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I'm off today but I go into work tomorrow and Monday.  It sucks I don't want to go into work.  BF & I were supposed to be in CT yesterday and today visiting his side of the family but his parents who were driving were concerned about the weather and driving so we didn't go.

The best gift was a new off white coat BF got me from Banana Republic.  I love it.  I also got tons of gift cards too, some to express some for amazon and some for sephora.

Anniversary

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:07a46e22-23d3-4838-8a5c-751f25190c73">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday : I got this for my birthday last year and this year I bought it as a gift for my cousin.  I really really really like it.  <strong>Did you read the story about Emma's hamster (or was it a guinea pig...)?</strong> Hey all!  I worked yesterday and I'm working again today... but as of 6 o'clock today I am FREE for an entire week.<strong>  H and I are heading to Salt Lake City to drink some good beer</strong>, <strong>eat some good food, and - oh yeah - ski on some amazing snow</strong>.  We've had this trip booked since September; I'm soooo excited that it's finally here!
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Yes! So sad poor Emma...but at least the hamster got a good send off!

And you're going to SLC?! You'll be so close to me (kind of)! Have fun on your ski trip! I'm hoping to take BF skiing when he comes up to Idaho but we need to get more snow first!

I also forgot to mention one other awesome present because it wasn't really a Christmas present. Anyway my mom bought a new mixer so she is letting me have her old Kitchen Aid mixer! I am so excited!!

ETA: Ray - so far it's really good! I love historical books (fiction and non-fiction) <3

• edited December 2012
    I'm at work for 30 more minutes.  It's so dead here (public library) and I wish we just closed this week.  Oh well.

My baby daddy and son gave me a new camera body for Christmas!  (I'm a fauxtographer.)  They also gave me two new games for my Kinect: Just Dance 4 and Zumba Rush.  Zumba is amazeballs!  It was just like class. My parents gave us new towels and pots and pans.  Oh!  They also gave me to GCs for massages and meditation classes.

Oh New Year Resolutions.... Can I jump on the weight loss bandwagon?  I still have 30 pounds to lose to get to my prepregnancy weight and it's driving me nuts.  I love my son more than anything, but I sometimes feel like I lost myself when I had him.  I want to rediscover me this year and take more time for myself.

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  
    <3 Lots o' love to my Labor Buddies mommynpink & alliebooberz <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I *really* love Pinterest!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:1a86034f-b6cd-440d-831e-f6354496bc61">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Thursday everyone! I only had Tuesday off for the holiday, and have been working 10 hour days this week.  I have my interview tomorrow and I hope I have enough energy tonight to blow dry out my hair at least for tomorrow! Fortunately it is slow this week, since a lot of the surgeons are on vacation!  My new year's resolution is the same-go to the gym.  I just signed up for a membership and was going to Zumba classes hard core at first, then kind of fell off the wayside during the holidays.  Start of the new year, get back to working out at least 3X a week and I'm also going to join WW online to keep me accountable for my food choices.  <strong>I did so good this year I lost ~50 lbs</strong>, then slacked off, now it's back on the wagon! Oh and here's a new picture of my dog that we took on Christmas morning:
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

WOW!!!  That's so awesome! 

I lost 50 as well, but the initial 20 came off with the baby, so I'm not sure it counts.

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  
    <3 Lots o' love to my Labor Buddies mommynpink & alliebooberz <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I *really* love Pinterest!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ec1259be-2240-45b4-a9c6-59c72b8daf98Post:314339d6-dcf7-40ea-a336-7c24c863e0a7">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday : WOW!!!  That's so awesome!  I lost 50 as well, but <strong>the initial 20 came off with the baby, so I'm not sure it counts</strong>.
    Posted by Dewey12[/QUOTE]

Uh yeah, of course it counts!  LOL.

I'm glad I'm not the only one on the weight loss bandwagon! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards