Florida-North Florida

Destin

Anyone here having a Destin wedding? We're investigating Destin for the site of our destination wedding!
~Destin Bride~06/17/2012~

Re: Destin

• edited December 2011
    Anyone here having a Destin wedding? We're investigating Destin for the site of our destination wedding!
  • mitchsbridemitchsbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I think you'll get better answers on the North Florida board.
  • edited December 2011
    I live & am getting married in Pensacola but we did research quite a few places in Destin, & Ft Walton so give me a little more info & I'd be glad to share what I know.

What type of venue are you looking for? Give me an idea of what your vision & budget is & that will help me narrow your options. Also how many people?  
  • edited December 2011
    hey lifeizbeachy!

We are wanting a beach ceremony with an indoor reception. Our wedding is in June of next year, so we don't want the whole thing outside since it is sure to be hot! 

I don't want to spend more than 6k-7k on a reception and ceremony. 

We are having 50 people or less. 

I would love a venue that also has a wedding coordinator to help out, a nice resort would be fabulous! I just need help since I'm from STL and trying to plan this away!!

Rachel
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Destin this October at a beach house, and having the reception on the patio. The most difficult thing I found was finding a house that allows weddings on their property, because quite a few have stopped allowing them. The house we are using has actually stopped them too, but since we already had our wedding booked they're allowing us to use it.

My coordinator is Patti with Surfside Brides, and her daughter Nicole is our photographer (Sandprints Photography). Neither of them are very expensive at all. The caterer we are using is Jim n' Nicks BBQ in Destin, and the food is delicious and not very expensive.

The Holiday Inn on Okaloosa Island does weddings on their beach and can use their banquet hall, but I'm not sure of a price. If I find any other information I'll be sure to let you know :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Do you like Surfside Brides? What is she helping you with? I'm thinking of finding a planner myself...
  • chalicegchaliceg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked at The Cabana Blue for our July wedding.  They do have stipulations about catering and cakes, but definintely worth it.  I have yet to find a planner or photographer, both of which the venue requires.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a very nice wedding at Ramada Inn on Okaloosa Island, the food was awesome! When I looked into it the prices seemed very reasonable. The bride said the planner there was very helpful as well. 

The Sandestin Beach & Golf Club is RIGHT on the water. The view from inside is not better any where else! It is a little pricey but here's what makes it do-able. The place is so beautiful there is no need for decor or flowers other then bouquets & boutonnieres.  The food is amazing, to save $ you could do appetizers? 

Those were our top 2 choices along with Bentleys On The Bay, before our families convinced us to stay in Pensacola. 

I will give you more info when I get home. I will say my other vendors said good things about Surfside Brides but I never spoke to them. 

• edited December 2011
    Yeah Sandestin is the one we're looking at right now!!! They are offering a great military package so that helps a lot ! My fiance is in the airforce. 

Did you look at FINZ for the reception at Sandestin Beach and Golf Resort? Bentleys on the Bay is one i'm looking into as well!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Sandestin golf and beach resort this June. 60 people...ceremony on the beach and then reception will be at FINZ. I live in Missouri and we have been planning via the Internet and crossing our fingers! We got to go visit around Christmas and I am sooooo excited about having it at FINZ. The resort is beautiful, the restaurant is great, and the coordinator has been super helpful. If you have any questions about it, let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    KGMT - AWESOME! You HAVE to let me know how it is, because I think we are going to do the EXACT same thing. We're doing a military wedding package, ceremony on the beach, reception at FINZ. 50 people. I live in MO too! That's hilarious. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Did you hire a planner?? We are looking at Eventful planners for a day-of coordinator. Who are you working with at Sandestin? We're working with Erin Story, she is somewhat responsive, but could be better. 
  • edited December 2011
    Patti is great! She is helping set everything up the day of, and she recommended my caterer, florist, and set up the place we are renting our chairs/tables/etc. from. Her daughter Nicole is also our photographer. Patti can also perform the ceremony, but we are having a family friend do that, so she is just going to be there as my coordinator and to make sure everyone is where they need to be :) I wasn't going to use one, but she doesn't charge very much, so I changed my mind!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_destin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:ba6c1432-ebd1-48c4-b3cd-4495663309c3Post:0fc4b5aa-cc46-4a86-a671-96e23802db5d">Re: Destin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you like Surfside Brides? What is she helping you with? I'm thinking of finding a planner myself...
    Posted by rmc353stl[/QUOTE]
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a June wedding in Destin @ The Emerald Grande at Harborwalk Village. Awesome place you should check it out.
  • edited December 2011
    hi there! im a wedding planner in Destin and would love to help you out! Contact me at Kristi@KisstheBrideDestin.com i can help you with everything from a simple beach wedding to full planning and every detail. I work with every bride and budget :)  Look forward to hearing from you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards