Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy Friday!

morning ladies! 
   It's a blizzard out there! (Seriously, we are in the only 10 mile radius in Maryland under a blizzard warning)-the rest is under a winter storm warning.  I am off school today.  There's only about 3 inches out there but they are calling for 12-20 by 6pm in my town.  YIKES!
  The blowing snow was so bad last night they closed I-68 (the main highway) in garrett county MD and everyone was getting off at my exit.  It took me 45 minutes to get home in what usually takes 8 minutes.
  I had book club last night which is always a good time.  I got the things in the mail to make cuff links for my brother, so that will be my project today.  He's going to read at our wedding, so I want to give him a little something.
  Hope everyone has a good, and safe, Friday!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Friday!

• edited December 2011

TGIF! I stayed up waaay too late last night to watch figure skating- so happy for the Korean girl who won gold! DH sang Happy Birthday to me at midnight. Smile The day has started off wonderfully: quick, not crowded commute in, free drink at Starbucks, and a Happy Birthday email from a coworker whose b-day is today as well. I am soooo looking forward to tapas and cava at Jaleo tonight.

/ AW Tongue out

H- Enjoy your snow day off, and be safe! There's no snow in DC...we *may* get an inch today, but I doubt it. Hopefully you won't have to many more snow days...I know you're concerned about working up to the wedding.

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Still snowing here too! So far, we got about 4-5 inches but it's the wind that's the issue! It is supposed to stop by noon today here which will be good. The roads are ok, but not great. I really don't know why I'm here today :( Oh well - my parents were supposed to come in this weekend but had to cancel b/c of the storm... so nothing planned for the weekend for me!

I hope everyone holds up in the snow!!

• edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Kim! Enjoy dinner tonight.

H- thay's way too much snow.
    The kid I nanny for wanted me to drive up him  to 7Springs this morning. I said hell no. Heard it's a mess up there. Not much going on this weekend. Bday party Sat night for a friend and talking to a realtor. Yay!

Stay safe and warm.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • edited December 2011
    We have a surprising school closing today.  We're only supposed to get like 3-6 inches total, but I guess a lot is blowing and making the roads slick.

I feel like I'm so far behind on my wedding plans, so I hope to address some of those things today (after I clean as FIL's will be here tomorrow - FI and step-dad will be fixing my dryer outlet while FMIL and I go to get her hair done). 

Happy Birthday, Kim! 

Hope you all have a good, safe, and productive weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    good morning everyone! I'm in a good mood today! so happy its friday! happy hour tonight and a crazy busy day tomorrow. Maybe I'll build a snowman! Def enough snow out there! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Happy Friday!  Thankful I took a vacation day today!  Tonight is first Friday night in probably 5 months that DF does not have something going on!  Hopefully we'll do something fun tonight!

Tomorrow we are going to look at houses in the NHills.

Hopefully everyonoe has a great weekend!

H-Hopefully the snow stops soon!

SAHM-Hopefully you find the motivation to do some wedding things this weekend!  Let us know if we can help in any way!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011

Morning everyone.  I got my laptop fixed last night at the school geek squad - they installed Windows 7, so I'm learning that.  I have to go to work later, then we are house hunting tonight and tomorrow all day!  One of the houeses I really liked went under contract last night, so that;s a bummer, but oh well!   Lots more houses in Pgh! 

Have a great snow day everyone!  I'm so jealous, I just want to sit inside with Grigio all day!

August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • NJSLNJSL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday!  I couldn't even get my car out of the garage this morning.  In Rochester, we got about 15 inches of snow overnight and there was a 3 foot snowbank in front of the garage door.  Now they're calling for 3-5" of lake effect today, another 1-2" tonight and another 2-3" tomorrow.  I love upstate NY!  This couldn't be a worse weekend for it either.  I have a baby shower tomorrow afternoon, dinner and a hockey game with my best friend and her fiance tomorrow night.  Then I have to drive to Corning on Sunday to go to a bridal show with my mom.  I think it's a waste of time to go to a bridal show in a city where we're not even having the wedding, but my mom is excited so I'm humoring her.  Plus, maybe i'll get some ideas for flowers or centerpieces.

This snow day allows me to put some major research time in for the wedding.  We're coming down April 8-11 for a Pens game and to visit reception locations.  I need to put a game plan together for when we're going to visit each location and get a list going of questions to ask.  I'm also trying to get information on the west end overlook in case we can't have the ceremony where we have the reception.
  • edited December 2011

NJSL-That's crazy snow!  I hope you can dig out soon.
    We're up to 6 inches and it just keeps coming down.

Sara, Becky, and Kim-Have a great weekend-it sounds like you all have some fun plans!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning.  We have a little bit on snow, definitely less than an inch.  It's still coming down, but nothing like the "snowicane" they were predicting.  I think it's some kind of conspiracy between the grocery stores and the weatherpeople to encourage people to stock up.

I'm still working on the office.  I plan on painting and have an appointment for people to measure for new carpet tomorrow, so I have to get it completely cleaned today.  Crossing my fingers that it all gets done, even if I have to stay up all night.

Kim - Happy Birthday!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!

Happy Birthday Kim!

So sorry for all the snow people have... like Kim said, we have none in DC, but it sure is windy!

I am very happy it is Friday, we have a policy seminar coming up soon, so work has been busy.

I just heard back from Judy at the Twentieth Century Club and all dates in May, 2011 are open, so FI and I have to pick one... I will post another post related to this.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards