Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Underarm Waxing Tips

Hi! I've never had my underarms waxed, does anyone have tips/advice for my first time?
Anniversary

Re: Underarm Waxing Tips

• Options
    hey there! i have mine done every 2 or 3 weeks. doesn't hurt at all. IMHO waxing the eyebrows hurts way more. they prep you and give you the 1 2 3 (at least my person does) before they rip so you're not startled. i love having it done and not having to worry about shaving every other day. i have been doing it since november and my hair has thinned out drastically and is starting to slow down in growth. DO IT.
  • Options
    If you are a bride on a budget or just want something simple come shop

around and see what you find. This amazing site offers cheap wedding

dresses (traditional and oriental) as well as

accessories.www.theweddingstyle.com/2010-exclusive-famous- designer-wedding-dress-ma472-p-67.html">http://www.theweddingstyle.com/2010-exclusive-famous-

designer-wedding-dress-ma472-p-67.html
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Make sure you have enough growth (at least 1/4 of an inch, a little longer is better for underarms). I can't tell you how many times clients come in with "hairy" underarms that have barely enough for me to wax. A first time underarm wax, the hair is very tough and grows in about 100 different directions, so the longer it is, the easier it is for the wax to grab it and your esthetician can get a nice, clean pull. Most people get about two good weeks before it starts to grow back. By four weeks you'll need another waxing. Keep up with it and you'll be AMAZED by the results. Most of my clients are floored by the results after just one waxing and keep going. Also, post-waxing, avoid deodorant until the next day. It can cause irritation on sensitized skin from waxing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Do it! It's tough letting it grow in, since it is the summer after all, however, the results are way worth it! Pretty armpits - believe it! It hurts, but only the first time 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards