Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Baker Rant

Garrrr sometimes I don't get people.

My mother called my baker to talk to her about final payments and confirm cake flavors, etc etc, and then she proceded to tell my mother that we never confirmed with her... despite the fact that we'd been in there three times and given her a sizable deposit MONTHS ago. She looks at my mother and is like "Oh, well do you know the date you left a deposit?" My mother explains, that she left a deposit months ago, but she can look it up in her register, if need be. The baker then tells us that she now has 3 other weddings, but she can definitely do mine. And to make matters worse, I have a friend using her as a baker and I called her to give her a heads up, and she forgot she was doing my friends, also!!!

I'm glad that she resovled things and is not giving us the boot completely, but talk about giving me a heart attack 3 weeks before my wedding!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baker Rant

• Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Double check the week before & the day before just to be safe.  I would also send emails.
  • Options
    tamirenee15tamirenee15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My baker was a total flake so now I am looking for a new one 6 weeks before my wedding. That kind of happened with my reception venue too. We have left a $2,000 deposit almost a year ago and they didn't have any record of it or even any papers that we had signed to lock in the date. Thank goodness they hadn't booked anyone else and my mother-in-law kept all of the receipts to show them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards