Ohio-Columbus

cake Table decoratin idea

I"m doing a snowflake theme  tourquise and silver wedding.

I'm having some problems trying to come up with a great idea to decorate our cake table.

THe cake is mostly white nad the table cloth that the reception venue is providing is also white.  I'd like to had some color (even though the cake has some)

Any ideas?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: cake Table decoratin idea

• edited December 2011
    I am a fan of sparkles, so we bought these little fake rhinestone things to put around our cake. I believe we got them at Pier 1. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What about doing colored napkins for a bit of a color pop? That is what we did and it really made a difference.

I would look for the wedding related things to decorate the cake table at Hobby Lobby, Michael's and Party City in their wedding section. And look around here on TK of the married ladies' bios. You might find some helpful ideas there.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh the cakestand I created would be awesome!

It is mainly glass but I used colored polymer beads in it with LED lights - my colors were fuschia and orange so I used those colors but you easily could swap out for your colors.  We got lots of compliments on it too since it drew attention.

Here is a pic

I do have the cakestand for sale - still need to find time to put together my "for sale" stuff....sigh
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    Oh had another idea if you don't like the cake stand idea you can get some cylinder vases and put snowflake ornaments in them or other ornaments to give a bit of a color pop.

Edit adding pictures - not all are the colors but it gives you an idea:

HTH
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    you could get a sheer piece of turqouise fabric to drape over the middle of the table and hang some snowflake oranaments from the edges! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are putting wooden letters that say "we do" and they are our pop of color, and they i am going to put some votives around the table and I was thinking about some rose petals to add a little color. 

Even an sheer overlay would look nice!

I really like the christmas ornament idea, you could even put them in lower wider vases if you did not want to take away from your cake

and Jelenny your cake is beautiful
  • Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Besides my gorgeous cake I have 2 cool frames with a picture of each of our parents cutting their cake on their wedding day and also a color pop with a colored table cloth under the cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Tiffany it kinda blew me away - still waiting on pro pics but the cake was definitely the focus  :0)
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My color was teal and similar to you, I had an all cream cake.  I ended up adding a teal band around the bottom of each tier.  I purchased sheer teal chair sashes that I used as table runners.  They used a couple of these to drape around the cake.  Then my florist surprised me and used teal votive holders to hold some rose tips that she set around the table.  It wasn't a lot of color but I thought it was just enough.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    love it!!!
  • spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THanks Everyone... I got some good ideas :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards