Hawaii

Hi Ladies =)

I just wanted to pop in and say hi! I got a few emails and PMs from you ladies and didn't realize I was missed around here. LOL. We went to Hawaii a few weeks ago and did a lot of venue scouting. We have decided on Lanikuhonua!!! I am definitely Anti-Turtle Bay which I will write all about later because its a long story. (Maybe I'll start a wedding planning blog!) I am super excited though! Thanks to everyone for all your help and reviews about Hawaii places to visit. Definitely appreciate it. We are in the process of getting a contract together with them so we don't have an official date yet. Anyway... I am defending my thesis this week so I have put wedding planning aside. I'll be back next week! It just feels nice to be missed. =)

Re: Hi Ladies =)

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had a great time in Hawaii!!  I am scared now, cause we are spending our honeymoon at Turtle Bay, and it's all paid for so we're stuck! 

Lani is such a great venue, good choice!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    WOOHOO!  Always fabulous to close on major decisions like venue.  Glad the trip was a success!
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!! Glad you loved it :)
  • edited December 2011

**AKWINTERBRIDE** Ahhh!! Don't get scared with Turtle Bay! The resort looks gorgeous. I'm sure your honeymoon will be great. My friend got married there in February and he said everything ended up great despite the lack of communication. He had 3 weeks before his wedding and had a hard time getting ahold of his coordinator. He said the day of ended up being wonderful though. 
    My biggest issue was also communication. I talked to 1 person... who was horrible with communication (i.e. she emailed me back one time for every 3 emails I sent and the only reason I had to keep emailing her was because she never answered my questions). We had an appointment when I was in Hawaii and she ended up pawning me off to some other lady because she was too busy (i.e. she had a wedding that day... which I totally understand but why even give me that appointment date/time). The other lady I talked to... I told her about my experience with Pura and she seemed totally appologetic. I think her name was Kelly. She said they were overwhelmed with all the publicity from Sarah Marshall and didn't have enough people on staff to cover all weddings. Then she told me a new reality show with Turtle Bay was going to bring them more business. OK?!?!? Well... if you don't have enough people and your customer service sucks... then hire more people. I also didn't like how she told me they do 4  wedddings a day. It's too wedding factory-like and impersonal for me. Fiance absolutely loved Turtle Bay so we were considering booking it. But I called her and emailed her while we were there and she never got back to me. So we went with another place.

• edited December 2011
    sorry i accidentally hit bold before i hit submit
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha ha ha, that's fine Nikki!!  Thanks for sharing your experience though, I have been weary of the hotel/resort wedding industry cause it seems like they are more focused on volume than making a ceremony/reception special.  I can't wait to see what you have planned for Lani though, that is such an amazing space!!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards