Ohio-Toledo
Options

Ceremony Sites

Does anybody know anything about St. Rose Catholic Church in Perrysburg?
We talked about Botanical Gardens, but worry about weather, since we are getting married June 2012.  Just think St. Rose is beautiful, wondered if anybody had any experience.  My fiancé is catholic, I am not.

Re: Ceremony Sites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married there in July. It is beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you both catholic?  if you don't mind me asking of course
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well... before you decide where, you should decide if you want a Catholic ceremony or not. You can only have a Catholic ceremony in a Catholic church. And if your FI wants his marriage to be recognized by the Church, he needs to have a Catholic wedding. Make sure he's aware of that, and then discuss it together... There's a Catholic board here too, under "Cultural Wedding Boards" so you can try there if you have more questions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks KatieAnne.  We talked about it and he does not want a full catholic ceremony.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to clarify, a marriage CAN be recognized by the Catholic church without having a full Catholic Ceremony and/or without being in a Catholic Church.    So if that part is important to your husband, just have him talk to the Priest and/or Bishop, and they can instruct him on how to get the appropriate dispensation(s).

You'll want to check with the specific church to find out what they allow, however, in terms of a Catholic / Non-Catholic marriage and the accompanying ceremony.

Good luck! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at st rose. They were both catholic, but did not have a full mass because she never made her first communion. Its up to you. There can be alot involved such as pre canna classes and meeting with the priest. We have to schedule our meet for february and Im getting married at a different church so Im not sure how involved it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Their website lists everything involved with the wedding.

http://www.saintroseonline.org/clientuploads/MarriageBookGuidelines.pdf
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards