June 2012 Weddings

Destination Engagement Photos?

So we are planning two vacations this year. One to Washington to meet his family (for me anyway..he already knows them :P) and one to NOLA for fun with my MOH and another friend b/c they are moving :(.

My MOH is a photographer and I'd like to pay her to take some engagement photos of us while we are in New Orleans. I know before I ask that she would love to but I'm still going to pay her some for it. 

I was also thinking Washington is super beautiful and it would be really cool to do a session there too. My mom is a not so great photographer but she wants to do a session in Tulsa as well.

Is three engagement sessions in three different areas too much?

Re: Destination Engagement Photos?

• I don't think its too much.  If you're using family and friends to take the photographs it could just be a lot of fun, and you'll have a lot of variety on which photos to use!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it was all in the same location I think it might be.  I really like that idea of having all of the different pictures at different places.  I think that it is a great idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're doing something similar. Our photographer is from Alabama/Minneapolis (they have two places). They don't charge traveling fees, but since our wedding pictures are going to be in the city we live in (which is neither in AL/Minneapolis) we are going to go to Minneapolis for our e-pics. It's something fun and not everyone around here will have pics like us. Have fun with your engagement pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think it's too much and I think it sounds like a lot of fun.  You'll have plenty of pictures to choose from. 

I do have a question though.  Did you already book a photographer for your wedding?  Our photographers package included an engagement shoot.  To me that was really important so that we could work with our photographer before the wedding and get more comfortable with him.  Is the Washington shoot the one with your photographer?  Since you said your friend would be in NOLA and your mom Tulsa, but didn't mention who would shoot Washington.  If that's the case, disregard my concern Smile
  • That actually sounds like a lot of fun.  I don't think it's too much, especially since your mother isn't a professional photographer!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I took my engagement pictures in the French Quarter in NOLA yesterday. =)

We're also doing a second shoot. Yesterday our photographer took them, but my MOH is a budding photographer, so she's going to take some of us on our college campus where we met.
    Photobucket
  • I talked to my MOH and she is excited to do it and we found a photographer in Washington! So now we just have to book our flights so we can book the photographer. :)
  • i think it's a great idea!  have fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic "June 2012" November Siggy: cake inspiration Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards